The official reddit multiplayer feedback thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

You chose the archetype class (skirmisher/light inf/heavy inf/shock inf/lightcav/heavy cav/light archer/heavy archer/cav archer) and then you customize it. (with perks) Its litterly the same system. Theres only more weight towards the class than the latter customization, to fit better into the gamemodes and offer more customizational choices in the long run. (skins)

This is a gimmick, because all of those you mentioned are subclasses and not archetypes. The archetypes were 3, infantry, cavalry and bow/xbow. What fell inbetween hybrid classes were the result of customization, what you mention is the outcome of customization in form of classes. Not much customization to do then. Unless we talk about small and laughable stat changes that will ultimately hold no impact.

Just waiting for a dev to come here and say « We will not change the class system as we believe it promotes interesting gameplay »

This is a gimmick, because all of those you mentioned are subclasses and not archetypes. The archetypes were 3, infantry, cavalry and bow/xbow. What fell inbetween hybrid classes were the result of customization, what you mention is the outcome of customization in form of classes. Not much customization to do then. Unless we talk about small and laughable stat changes that will ultimately hold no impact.
Most of the small changes have a big impact. But ye i wrote that it is weighted differently.

Just waiting for a dev to come here and say « We will not change the class system as we believe it promotes interesting gameplay »
it will give you more interesting choices aswell than warband had

I'm just honestly hoping something happens and they don't disregard any more feedback at this point, but it's good to see that most of the non-tryhard community agrees also.

I'm just honestly hoping something happens and they don't disregard any more feedback at this point, but it's good to see that most of the non-tryhard community agrees also.
with the clunky combat? Tbh if you compare it with the rest of the game...sp doesnt even have working perks, then the combat feels polished af

The more i think about it the more i come to the conclusion that the release was rushed due to corona crisis.

Last edited:
Most of the small changes have a big impact. But ye i wrote that it is weighted differently.

it will give you more interesting choices aswell than warband had

The small changes might have impact but they are not enjoyable. There is a difference between optimal gameplay and its combination with fun. Even if they make the combat good, I will still not enjoy the game because of the classes. It will have optimal gameplay but restrictions will be still here. There ''choices'' arguement is but a mere illusion, you might give me choices but they are all preset and knitted to the gameplay preferrence of the developers instead of giving me the tools and let me go wild with them. Classes bring absolutely nothing to the table and they never will. And it is precisely because of the nature of the game. Overwatch classes for example are vastly, vastly different in the form of characters. They have personality, cool looks and abilities that not only they look signature, they also have huge impact in the game and one ultimate can literally change the game around. Mount and blade is very grounded game and the mechanics are the same. Archers have the same animations on melee swings as everyone else, bows are the same but differ in damage and distance, etc. All the changes are passive to the game and only numbers change. The class system does not do justice to games like mount and blade, because it makes them boring.

Makes one wonder if by making this thread, Taleworlds were looking for the validation they haven't been getting on the forum for their garbage design decisions.
I wasn't expecting the Reddit community to show any reasonable opinions, but I'm glad they have.
That said, I still don't believe this will lead to any meaningful positive changes.

Thank you for your feedback, although I can not weigh in too much related to combat at the moment, I will comment on the other features.
Ok, but who can? Can anyone at Taleworlds? We've been hearing the same recycled line for 9 months.

Last edited:
Makes one wonder if by making this thread, Taleworlds were looking for the validation they haven't been getting on the forum for their garbage design decisions.
I wasn't expecting the Reddit community to show any reasonable opinions, but I'm glad they have.
That said, I still don't believe this will lead to any meaningful positive changes.

Ok, but who can? Can anyone at Taleworlds? We've been hearing the same recycled line for 9 months.

I honestly believe we will see at least some changes done - like instant blocking. Other than that, I do not have much hope either. But you know... We might get surprised if we do not expect anything.

At this point I think they are acting on pride. If they wanted the game to be successful the fastest and best way for the players, they would have started overhauling to a gearing customization system since 2-3 months ago. I think they just cant accept the fact of being wrong.

Back
Top Bottom