The official reddit multiplayer feedback thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

DainMorgot

Sergeant

Arda asks for official feedback and I am rather surprised by the answers. Being as bored as I was last night I went through every comment and I was pleasantly surprised. The majority of comments represent very well the opinions of this forum regarding combat slugginess, modes' specific issues and imbalances. But the most overwhelmingly discussed thing on those comments is the dislike towards the class system itself. I was expecting people to not really care, but I was wrong. Reddit heavily dislikes the class system (not simply dislike it, but they ask for warband's gear system to make a return).

There are some very good posts about combat issues and rather indepth aswell. Pretty much everything I've read people claim that was wrong in the beta is discussed on the reddit thread aswell in some form.

Other than that, there are some meme comments like ''captain mode should be the competitive mode'' which will obviously never happen because this is not a moba and people who want to run around naked, but overall reddit shares the same opinions with this forum and the pro scene in a big percentage.

That's because I recognize some of the names on there being the same as forum users on here. :razz:

What is good is that most of those detailed posts that explain their thought process are heavily upvoted.

That's because I recognize some of the names on there being the same as forum users on here. :razz:

What is good is that most of those detailed posts that explain their thought process are heavily upvoted.

Yeah which means that they agree hence the upvoting. There is hope after all.

Arda asks for official feedback and I am rather surprised by the answers. Being as bored as I was last night I went through every comment and I was pleasantly surprised. The majority of comments represent very well the opinions of this forum regarding combat slugginess, modes' specific issues and imbalances. But the most overwhelmingly discussed thing on those comments is the dislike towards the class system itself. I was expecting people to not really care, but I was wrong. Reddit heavily dislikes the class system (not simply dislike it, but they ask for warband's gear system to make a return).

There are some very good posts about combat issues and rather indepth aswell. Pretty much everything I've read people claim that was wrong in the beta is discussed on the reddit thread aswell in some form.

Other than that, there are some meme comments like ''captain mode should be the competitive mode'' which will obviously never happen because this is not a moba and people who want to run around naked, but overall reddit shares the same opinions with this forum and the pro scene in a big percentage.
What Mabons said, for example the highest upvoted comment from u/Saultnami is also someone who comments on the forum.

Must be slightly upsetting for taleworlds that after largely ignoring the hardcore players during the alpha, the "casual" players are coming out and saying the exact same things.

Things would have worked much more smoothly if the competitive scene had been treated like it knows what its talking about. If taleworlds does think the comp scene knows what its talking about, Im sorry, but that is definitely not the impression that we got.

Last edited:
But the most overwhelmingly discussed thing on those comments is the dislike towards the class system itself. I was expecting people to not really care, but I was wrong. Reddit heavily dislikes the class system (not simply dislike it, but they ask for warband's gear system to make a return).
....huh. I would've thought prior to now that views on the Premade class system would be noticeably more spread out/balanced on Reddit, but it seems to be roughly in line with what we've seen on this forum: the clear supermajority disapproving of it, and the occasional barely supported opinion in favor of it. The clear general rule seems to be that posts calling out the premade class system are receiving the most upvotes. I wouldn't have expected it to be quite so clear.

=> People don't like the class system

=>

ToxZr.jpg

Hi so Mp doesn't work on 1.4.1 new beta? Getting can't login error anyone else?
Yeah don't play the beta branch, just play regular one

....huh. I would've thought prior to now that views on the Premade class system would be noticeably more spread out/balanced on Reddit, but it seems to be roughly in line with what we've seen on this forum: the clear supermajority disapproving of it, and the occasional barely supported opinion in favor of it. The clear general rule seems to be that posts calling out the premade class system are receiving the most upvotes. I wouldn't have expected it to be quite so clear.

I'm on the same boat, I was expecting reddit to be neutral towards it as the majority of players there are pro-SP and very casual MP. Regardless, I am very happy that they upvoted the comments who call out the class system. I can't complain at all. Hopefully this causes some discussion to take place on TW meetings, the message is very clear by now.

What Mabons said, for example the highest upvoted comment from u/Saultnami is also someone who comments on the forum.
Actually Saultnami is one of the mods for the reddit discord, so he's basically one of the main Reddit guys. As are some of the rest who commented there.

Them posting here from time to time doesen't make em forumites "spreading forumite propaganda" on Reddit or something. :smile:
Quite the oposite actually, they are the backbone of the Reddit community, so it's not hard for me to simply believe that reason and logic are universal, and that most M&B fans like and dislike the same stuff, no matter the platform they let it be known.

I'm on the same boat, I was expecting reddit to be neutral towards it as the majority of players there are pro-SP and very casual MP. Regardless, I am very happy that they upvoted the comments who call out the class system. I can't complain at all. Hopefully this causes some discussion to take place on TW meetings, the message is very clear by now.

To be fair to the pro-SP crowd, they spend most of their time using the highly customisable Warband system for selecting gear and loadouts. Then when they try MP they get this awful system foisted on them for no apparent reason.

To be fair to the pro-SP crowd, they spend most of their time using the highly customisable Warband system for selecting gear and loadouts. Then when they try MP they get this awful system foisted on them for no apparent reason.

The majority has the same feeling. We had freedom and now we got a restrictive system which is double fold (faction+factional classes)

Exactly, in warband this was preserved going from multiplayer to singleplayer and vice versa.

From the perspective of singleplayer, you have such customization at your disposal in the game and one day you try the multiplayer, and you are let down with this thumbed down multiplayer. You believe the game is only singleplayer and that the devs didn't invest much time in the multiplayer since this is a singleplayer game so you will ignore the multiplayer forever

This is how i imagine it would go.

You could argue skins, but with the customization in singleplayer comes not only looks, its about the depth armor gives, having that deep localized damage system. When you have a weak head armor you know you have to watch to not get shot in the head, if you have a weak chest you should probably take a stronger shield and the list goes on.

Multiplayer does not have this

I wonder, what answer did they expect when they went to ask reddit? :unsure:
giphy.gif

I don't want to start stirring up what has already been scrambled enough (combat system, dedicated servers, etc...) BUT...
Taleworlds needs to implement a hybrid system (system of premade classes for some specific modes and the rest custom gear). If I were Taleworlds I would try to keep my audience happy and on my side.

@DainMorgot @Terco_Viejo I agree fully with introducing a hybrid system, or something similar. TW has stated in the past that they intend to stick with this class approach unfortunately, which means that they will probably try to make use of the classes for every gamemode they work on. like reddit, I would rather see this system go in all honesty!

Other people have already explained why selecting your own gear is a good thing and fitting to the m&b series which is all about player freedom, so I won't go over that all again. In the end, I hope TW feels the freedom to adapt and make changes which contrast their original vision.

The problem with hybrid systems is that warband was already a hybrid system. You chose the archetype class (inf/cav/archer) and then you customized. That's the best of hybrid systems. I really dont see how more hybrid it could get without overhauling the class system as it is now.

The problem with hybrid systems is that warband was already a hybrid system. You chose the archetype class (inf/cav/archer) and then you customized. That's the best of hybrid systems. I really dont see how more hybrid it could get without overhauling the class system as it is now.
You chose the archetype class (skirmisher/light inf/heavy inf/shock inf/lightcav/heavy cav/light archer/heavy archer/cav archer) and then you customize it. (with perks) Its litterly the same system. Theres only more weight towards the class than the latter customization, to fit better into the gamemodes and offer more customizational choices in the long run. (skins)

This. You pretty much already had the same thing in Warband, but better. The type of class system we have now fits for something like Captain, maaaaaybe Skirmish, but it's a draw-back for anything else. (Battle, TDM, Siege, DM...)

Back
Top Bottom