The Official Art thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Heyo

Just have a few questions if I may.

I am learning PhotoShop for a while now and I can make decent things with it clan related and wallpapers. Now the thing is that I want to get a drawing tablet. But I'm not really good at it. Are there any people here who are familiar with it and draw alot regularly? Could someone give me a bit of tips and hints about the tablet and how to draw on it?

I'm thinking of getting a Wacom Intuos Pro.

Hardest part about using my tablet was getting comfortable looking straight ahead at the screen rather than down as if I were using paper. It really isn't difficult and you quickly get used to it.

If anything I reckon it is easier to draw digitally.

I have a small Intuos.

Practice, Jacob? No no, you misunderstand. We want to hear that one weird trick digital artists don't want you to know about.

The trick is to be born with ten index fingers.

burajiru_by_axiaterraartunion-dbabk6c.jpg
question_time_by_axiaterraartunion-dbbdzoj.jpg
DBbOLOgXkAAvolF

Context for the second one: https://twitter.com/BestoftheMail/status/870730973935259648

Jacobhinds said:
why does it say burajiru ?

my girlfriend borrowed her drawing tablet for me to try it out, It's weird to use it and windows 10 hate it
gbcFMU4.png
VYY0vwF.png

I don't have Paint Tool Sai

Is there some way or technique to make so when I do drawings, the line work doesn't get all wavy or broken ? Or do I really need to be precise when doing that ?

Practice to an extent, but you also need to get confident making longer strokes instead of tiny ones. It can sometimes help just to draw random shapes like circles and squares, and draw the same things over and over until they're muscle memory.

Another thing line artists often do is to trace curved lines in the air just above the page a few times before drawing them so they can get the arc right.

Humble bundle has a bunch of Corel software (plus other stuff) for £7 https://www.humblebundle.com/software-bundle . Dunno if I'd use it but these deals are always so damn tempting.

Back
Top Bottom