The next patch

Users who are viewing this thread

LDominating

Regular
The next patch should be the mother of all fixes and bug eradication.
On top of my head a few game breaking bugs:
-Unable to start battle if an army reinforces you
-Winning sieges means no loot and the besieging army gets every of it's wounded troops back
-Changing party leaders results in a massive loss of troops.
-Parties stuck in auto resolve forever.
-Tactics boosting the hell out of an autoresolve battle
-Armies not defending fiefs because there are siege equipment,even though the siege war machines are unusable in battles outside of sieges.
-Clones of lords and ladies,not the worst but damned the immersivness
-Sturgia

Anymore?

May not be a bug but its absurd that the southern empire is running around with 0 fiefs for years in my game, and if you execute their ruler(and direct successors) it will hand the faction off to some other noble in that faction to be the ruler of that fiefless faction. I am forced to execute literally everyone in the faction at this rate and it makes no sense. At least in warband people ditched the failing faction, and it would eventually come to an end.

I just started playing again after early access, and i have no idea how this is a thing - should have been resolved in early access and its well after release at this point. It makes me want to quit.

Zoogielord I'm in exactly the same situation, haven't played since early access, just started a new playthrough thinking this was ... well, done, right? The game's released now. Should be done... right? but it isn't. You still can't achieve the most basic goal of the game, eliminating a faction, without massive pain and tedium. I hope it wasn't a deliberate design decision because it comes across as unfinished and nonsensical. I think it'll make an especially bad impression on new players, and console players who can't mod it away.

Zoogielord I'm in exactly the same situation, haven't played since early access, just started a new playthrough thinking this was ... well, done, right? The game's released now. Should be done... right? but it isn't. You still can't achieve the most basic goal of the game, eliminating a faction, without massive pain and tedium. I hope it wasn't a deliberate design decision because it comes across as unfinished and nonsensical. I think it'll make an especially bad impression on new players, and console players who can't mod it away.
Finishing a faction is the most boring thing ever.
This isn't Total War...

Plus there are no new factions spawning...so once one is done,that's it.

Finishing a faction is the most boring thing ever.
This isn't Total War...

Plus there are no new factions spawning...so once one is done,that's it.
Yep, once one is done, that should be it. There are tons of factions already. And rebel clans popping up all the time. I would like to see the game cater to the majority of playerbase who won't put in hundreds of hours, rather than a select few who want to play the game endlessly.

I don't think factions should immediately dissolve if they own no fiefs, but at some point, people realize that their cause is hopeless and the lords who field these armies for some reason have endless money despite no fiefs. I get that they would want some realism to the game, but the fact that these factions never dissolve isn't realistic at all. Why would people(recruits) start joining a lost cause? They should eventually dissolve, even if it took six months to like 3 years. These people can't realistically keep fielding 100+ armies with good troop quality without any fiefs since they'll have no money at some point.
This was just one reason i quit, there's alot of attempts of implementing "realism" in this that isn't realistic at all. The fact you have to trek across a gigantic map to hunt down the leader of a clan personally to ask him to join your faction has problems too. It makes sense they have to be the clan leader, but not that you'd have to hunt them down personally. Writing is a thing, and predates feudalism that is the foundation of this game. The map is way larger than warband, and you have to find this ONE person to recruit if you want that clan. There should be a messenger service that arranges a meeting at a spot/time or just a popup for the conversation after a few days once the messenger arrives. But that doesn't exist right now.

Again, i don't think the single player experience feels "finished" and i wish it was, since it caused me to quit. Too many tedious things that try to emulate real life, but don't include the very things that happen in real life that are aimed at reducing the tedious stuff.

Back
Top Bottom