The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

othr said:
I'm not going to add vanilla recruitment.

The music is there and was not deleted nor was it replaced with anything else.

It does not play very often in the latest Rev. Possibly a bug?

Clagius said:
othr said:
I'm not going to add vanilla recruitment.

The music is there and was not deleted nor was it replaced with anything else.

It does not play very often in the latest Rev. Possibly a bug?

No they did get replaced, 11 files that used to be music are now ambience. They were the tracks you would hear most of the time.

The most recent revision you can find with the old music in it is two hundred forty something, the revision coming after that says "Music Cleanup" in the logs. 

he's right you know
and I agree, music is part of the game, replacing them by ambient sounds kinda removes a good deal of fun, it makes travelling and fighting dull
and please lower the relation loss when assigning fiefs a bit, it's really annoying having to do lord quests or hoping to fight with them in combat constantly just to stop them from leaving you

im confused.. now i know i have the latest version of the mod and the patch, which i overwrote existing files into the correct folders, but i am getting lance and native recruitment?? i take it im not supposed to?

pontypool said:
im confused.. now i know i have the latest version of the mod and the patch, which i overwrote existing files into the correct folders, but i am getting lance and native recruitment?? i take it im not supposed to?

Yes, you are not supposed to have both options, try running cleanup, if that fails reinstall perhaps.

Othr: I hope nothing is messed up with my Saphet scene or something of that nature, I have not seen it included yet. I suspect you are busy with other things, which is fine; I am in no rush to play that particular scene. Game mechanics are certainly a higher priority than scenes. I just have wondered if you got it, I have not heard anything? It's my best scene I have concluded. :mrgreen: And by the way, thanks for changing the faces of the women, now you won't have to hear us complain like women, at least about that.  :cool:

are archers supposed to charge after a certain time in sieges? because when I order them to stay there, I mean it
they're archers for god's sake, they aren't made for close combat like infantry, and I would prefer it if my archers don't all start dying because they won't stay where I told them to

fuzzyballs01 said:
are archers supposed to charge after a certain time in sieges? because when I order them to stay there, I mean it
they're archers for god's sake, they aren't made for close combat like infantry, and I would prefer it if my archers don't all start dying because they won't stay where I told them to

It's because of the formations, if you order them somewhere where enemy happens to be nearby, the formations assume you want to attack them. You should see "...and attack an enemy division" and there you go, bye bye Archers. It's annoying yes, but formations are worth it.

"after some time" I meant after standing in the same position for a while, and in the meantime infantry is pushing them further and further back, so there is no way enemies can come too close
I'm talking about during sieges
and they all charge at the same time, even if I tell them to stay in a position, they take one step back and charge again
and when you get a lord to join your faction, that causes a boarder incident, right? because now I'm at war with three different nations (and two of them are huge)
it's a bit annoying unless you like constant war, but I can deal with that

and why can you still not recruit teutonic troops? it's just weird how your lords can but you can't
one more thing, is the "curb power" thing still in this mod? because I don't want to keep on playing knowing I'll quit because you'll eventually be at war with 5 nations and recieving a "village has been looted" message every 5 seconds

What is wrong with this new REVISION ??????? I just tried subversion on my girlfriend's pc,  and still no music , yesterday I tried it on a friends pc NOTHING , probably is something wrong....  :sad:
i am I ruined :sad:(((((

how do the formations work, i cant see it from the commands on f1, f2,f3,or f4 its just stand ground, follow me etc.. nothing about formations. but it must be possible because the enemy leaves archers back while sending cavalry in first, then a formation of infantry. (i always deal with archers personally on my horse yipeee)

fuzzyballs01 said:
"after some time" I meant after standing in the same position for a while, and in the meantime infantry is pushing them further and further back, so there is no way enemies can come too close
I'm talking about during sieges
and they all charge at the same time, even if I tell them to stay in a position, they take one step back and charge again
and when you get a lord to join your faction, that causes a boarder incident, right? because now I'm at war with three different nations (and two of them are huge)
it's a bit annoying unless you like constant war, but I can deal with that

and why can you still not recruit teutonic troops? it's just weird how your lords can but you can't
one more thing, is the "curb power" thing still in this mod? because I don't want to keep on playing knowing I'll quit because you'll eventually be at war with 5 nations and recieving a "village has been looted" message every 5 seconds

hmm, i haven't played for a while but i seem to remember that there is an option where you could set unhorsed cavalry and archers who ran out of projectiles into another group, like infantry for example. so if you have this on, and your archers run out of arrows, then they turn into infantry. i think.

I turned that off
so they should stay archers, and like I said before, they all charge at the same time, so it's kind of odd if they all run out of arrows at the same time, right? and while they charge, they still keep firing arrows

I'm not an idiot you know

this mod could have been great, instead it's just annoying how often I have to tweak stupid behaviour myself

stevehoos said:
Othr: I hope nothing is messed up with my Saphet scene or something of that nature, I have not seen it included yet. I suspect you are busy with other things, which is fine; I am in no rush to play that particular scene. Game mechanics are certainly a higher priority than scenes. I just have wondered if you got it, I have not heard anything? It's my best scene I have concluded. :mrgreen: And by the way, thanks for changing the faces of the women, now you won't have to hear us complain like women, at least about that.  :cool:

Busy IRL, sorry.

othr said:
stevehoos said:

Busy IRL, sorry.

No worries mate  :mrgreen:

othr said:
Busy IRL, sorry.

Life stuff happens, if you are interested I went through the troop.txt and replaced all of the knightly and horsemen heater shields with heater shields since both of those shields have bugged textures and inferior stats. I used the most current SVN files, it is kind of nice not seeing every single Western Lord having a bugged shield.

Also the campaign map adjustments are coming along beautifully and I have made some great progress the last couple of days. I just completed assigning all of the correct icons for settlements so they match the culture they belong to. Most of the heights and river issues are fixed as well. I should have a very polished version of the campaign map ready in the next couple of days for you to check out if your interested. Personally I could never go back to original version after seeing how much the map has been improved.

Teutonic Order - Castle icons changed to the brick colored castles.
2013052800001y.jpg

reiksmarshal said:
othr said:
Busy IRL, sorry.

Life stuff happens, if you are interested I went through the troop.txt and replaced all of the knightly and horsemen heater shields with heater shields since both of those shields have bugged textures and inferior stats. I used the most current SVN files, it is kind of nice not seeing every single Western Lord having a bugged shield.

Also the campaign map adjustments are coming along beautifully and I have made some great progress the last couple of days. I just completed assigning all of the correct icons for settlements so they match the culture they belong to. Most of the heights and river issues are fixed as well. I should have a very polished version of the campaign map ready in the next couple of days for you to check out if your interested. Personally I could never go back to original version after seeing how much the map has been improved.

Teutonic Order - Castle icons changed to the brick colored castles.
2013052800001y.jpg

Damn looks good.  :roll:

I just installed Windows 7, and I installed the vanila game new. I can to play in native mode, but in 1257 I did not.  Is the first time it happens this in 3 years from I play the game and the mode 1257. It gives me error Microsoft Visual although I have the 2012 MV. Can anyone help me?

Back
Top Bottom