The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

I love this mod.. I first played europe 1200 , but this mod has some cool features, like the horn when you issue commands, making a camp on the map when waiting
, radar to show where enemies are in battle and control another person when you die, instead of just lose the battle.
I have come across something I am not to sure about though. The first time I managed to create a kingdom, I don't see an option to send out my companions to increase my "right to rule" Can't quite see how I can stop everyone and their dogs from attacking me when I create my own kingdom. I suspect that I will achieve it by having a good relationship with another nation and then sending an emisary to say hi (from one monarch to another) I presume that will get my kingdom acknowledged by another monarch and thefore stop me from getting attacked as a barbarian.
I sent an emisary to ask for a non agression pact, his name was "yasir" I gues I must have missed a logentry because one day soon, I see yasir available in the mercenary companion pool.. hmmm.
Also when I create a kingdom, how can I not use my companions that I want to train up in silly jobs, like standing around in my court doing administration jobs. Can I just get another nations lords to join me? I presume you have to speak to them in privately, but I have very good relations and when I do this, they say long live king llewelyn (welsh leader) I assume that means they won't leave him?? I think it's pretty essential to get other lords to join you, because soon all my vital companions would be vassals and I would lose path finder, medic etc.

btw whats wrong with auto garrison

Hi othr,

If your interested I made close to 50 map fixes for the campaign map, basic stuff mostly making inaccessible land accessible (only where villages spawn), river fixes, and several height adjustments to make (villages, castles, and city placement cleaner). The map needs some serious polish work, so far I have cleaned up England, France, Germany, Iberian Peninsula, and Scandinavia. I will be hitting Italy, Greece, and the Middle East next. If you want to check the files out just send me a PM.     

Garrisons replenish once a week.

Cool music you mean the vanilla music?

Also attacking with an axe or mace, you have to hit with the tip of the weapon for full damage, I guess that messes up staff damage, hmm.

othr said:

Also attacking with an axe or mace, you have to hit with the tip of the weapon for full damage.

The one I listened to while I played was from version 0.97.1. also really liked the possibility to choose between recruitment systems. Thanks!

othr said:

Also attacking with an axe or mace, you have to hit with the tip of the weapon for full damage, I guess that messes up staff damage, hmm.

I used to hear often those "medievalish" songs, for example the one where the woman sings. Now what I hear mostly is some ambient stuff, which isn't that cool.  :???:

othr said:

Mainly the Euro_X tracks.

I wonder why they were replaced with ambience, such cool and immersive tracks.

The new music for specific regions are really good but I think the euro ones should still be there as a general soundtrack.

Mujibi said:
[ also really liked the possibility to choose between recruitment systems. Thanks!

People understand that Native Recruitment system is not for 1257. If you want Native Recruitment, play Vanilla M&B:W. If you wanna play 1257, you play with the Lance Recruitment, the way the developers intended it to be played. Stop asking for Native Recruitment to come back cuz it should never for this mod.

Personally I do enjoy hearing the ambient music in the background, all to often the music would get annoying and repetitive and I would just turn the music down as low as possible in the options menu. Maybe just add another song to the mix that breaks up the ambient music from the when the music plays a lil more, but please don't put it back to the way it was with that music constantly playing.

THANK YOU OTHR for changing the woman's faces, that was the one thing I was asking for and was getting blasted by DrThomas and Kuauik.
Great job all around.

Spitfire84 said:
Mujibi said:
[ also really liked the possibility to choose between recruitment systems. Thanks!

People understand that Native Recruitment system is not for 1257. If you want Native Recruitment, play Vanilla M&B:W. If you wanna play 1257, you play with the Lance Recruitment, the way the developers intended it to be played. Stop asking for Native Recruitment to come back cuz it should never for this mod.

Take it easy, ask does not hurt anyone, besides if not one but both options of recruitment were available there would be more to choose on the player side, enchancing gameplay for everyone. I'm not arguing or anything but let's not forget if mod is suposed to get the game better and having more to choose equals more people will play it, just because they can make it more general in certain aspects and not force anyone to play  with a feature they do not like. This is a great mod and I respect any decision of the developers, I will never ask or suggest such features again, or even suggest at all.

Thank you.

Spitfire84 said:
Mujibi said:

Personally I do enjoy hearing the ambient music in the background, all to often the music would get annoying and repetitive and I would just turn the music down as low as possible in the options menu. Maybe just add another song to the mix that breaks up the ambient music from the when the music plays a lil more, but please don't put it back to the way it was with that music constantly playing.

That's what music is, songs. "Music" is not ambience, ambience is sound effects. If warband doesn't have ambient sound files then it should be left out, this is not the right way to do it imo.

And most of the mod options got removed because it required too much time (perfectly understandable) and not because the developers wanted to force a certain playstyle.

I messed up man, I messed up big time
I made balabaan my minister, and then I gave him a fief (I accidentally chose the wrong companion) and now I can't replace "Lord Balabaan" with my new wife
it's not terribly annoying, I just don't like crowds, and my hall is a bit crowded with 7 people in it

so is there some sort of fix for that?

I'm not going to add vanilla recruitment.

The music is there and was not deleted nor was it replaced with anything else.

So I take it your not interested in un******* the campaign map, you probably should take down the "Campaign map - help to improve it" thread so people don't waste their time.

reiksmarshal said:
So I take it your not interested in un******* the campaign map, you probably should take down the "Campaign map - help to improve it" thread so people don't waste their time.

Who would be against improving the mode?

Is the SVN server link  broken? Every time I try to download , the checkout process runs for about 10 seconds then the Error: REPORT of '/svn/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read chunk size: connection was  closed by server

Back
Top Bottom