The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, want to say thank you for doing and sharing this mod, presenting mount and blade player a even better experience!

Although I am in doubt if anybody is working on this project or not, could someone tell me?

Most thanks.

11sparky11 said:
I do agree that he's made mistakes, but I think some of you guys are being a little harsh if not rude to othr
Sure this has NOTHING to do with me, I express my humble opinion and I think is constructive. And of course is NOT harsh  :cool:
stevehoos said:
Agreed, he has implemented some very cool things since taking over. It's not like things were perfect before, they were certainly not. One could barely get through a game without encountering myriad bugs, which was expected, because this was and still is a mod in progress, don't forget that. I would try pretty hard not to be rude to someone who is doing work for free; If it's an EA forum and game you paid for, by all means let slip the dogs of rudeness.  :mrgreen:
The problem is not the possible bugs that any mod or SVN can have, which are completely common. The problem is the following: in previous SVN we were able to configure 1257 as we wished, fitting the mod to the playing style that we were used to play. But now those options are removed and we are forced to play in a fixed way, that results annoying for a great group of players (I'm included of course), and which also seems to be unrealistic, which I repeat it's not the spirit of the mod. Or at least was not... :???:
othr said:
Thanks for playing and good luck elsewhere.
  :shock: Though I can understand your reaction to some of the replies, I think this is not a good answer to some of our comments, you are resulting as harsh as you don't like to be answered...  Speaking at least for myself, we only try to suggest how to improve the mod for getting more people to enjoy it.
stevehoos said:
Bravo, if I was in your position I would say the exact same thing.
For the same reason this is not the right way steve, and excuse me but you sound a bit like a bootlicker... :neutral:
The fact that some people take an excuse for being too hard does not exclude that there are things that a majority of players can find very disappointing on your mod and perhaps should be tweaked :mrgreen:
I know this is not the case, but if somebody wants no criticism on his mod, only has to put a downloading link, followed by the text: "THIS IS MY MOD, I LIKE IT AND IF YOU DON'T GO TO HELL AND TRY ANOTHER...  :twisted:" so you don't need to have a forum, nor FAQ nor replies, nor critics nor headaches...
Though I'm not all perfect on english I hope is clear what I want to express...  :mrgreen:
Again thx  :wink:

Topsoldier said:
There is a modify button on the top right of your post. Rather than quadruple posting, which can get you muted on these forums, as well as simply annoying to read.
I'm not sure what do you mean, so I think best it's simply ignore what you are saying. No offense, but if results simply annoying for you reading it, simply skip to another reply...  there are plenty of them :razz:

For the same reason this is not the right way steve, and excuse me but you sound a bit like a bootlicker... :neutral:
The fact that some people take an excuse for being too hard does not exclude that there are things that a majority of players can find very disappointing on your mod and perhaps should be tweaked :mrgreen:
I know this is not the case, but if somebody wants no criticism on his mod, only has to put a downloading link, followed by the text: "THIS IS MY MOD, I LIKE IT AND IF YOU DON'T GO TO HELL AND TRY ANOTHER...  :twisted:" so you don't need to have a forum, nor FAQ nor replies, nor critics nor headaches...
Though I'm not all perfect on english I hope is clear what I want to express...  :mrgreen:
Again thx  :wink:

I understand your points, and I agree with you about some of them. I spent an hour or so last night changing hit points on all the upper tier heavy cavalry, as I feel they are too frail for the single player experience. I may disagree with other implementations as well, but it is not my mod, so it's of little importance. "Bootlicking" is far from an accurate description of my position; :roll: I have *****ed just as much as anybody ( probably more than anyone.  :mrgreen:) It is not my mod, so I will express my opinion about something- hopefully respectfully- and if it's not changed so be it, I just have to live with it. Othr wants the gameplay this way, if I had my own mod, I would want the game play to reflect my vision.  :mrgreen: 

Hello, anyone knows if the native recruitment is gone for good? I kinda find the other one annoying, because I like to get my army one by one or in small groups. Thanks.

is it just me or is auto-garisson broken? I don't get any extra troops, and neither do my lords
and since I checked it out, neither do any other towns/castles that were taken over

fuzzyballs01 said:
is it just me or is auto-garisson broken? I don't get any extra troops, and neither do my lords
and since I checked it out, neither do any other towns/castles that were taken over

Yep I think you are right. I gave one of my companions a castle and the garrison still remains empty. I had to revert back to another save and garrison the castle before giving it to him. I usually play with auto garrisons off, but there certainly is an issue. Even with auto garrisons off, your lords are still supposed to fill them over a period of time; right? If one of my lord's castles is attacked, and the garrison is weakened, the garrison numbers remain static instead of increasing over time, so eventually I will lose it and there is nothing I can do to reinforce units.  :cry:...... :mrgreen: 

othr said:
Is that the last revision?

Yea, I think so othr REV 276. Could just be me, I am known for that on here.  :lol: But there appears to be an issue. Perhaps it's on my end, I hate reporting bugs when I have not started over on a fresh REV. Have revs 272 through 276 been compatible, seems fine, that's what I am playing on right now?

EDIT: so I started a new game on REV 276 with auto garrisons on and my captured fort began to replenish troops after showing 0 after I took it. So I guess that means it is working correctly? Perhaps it does not replenish at the speed I thought it would.

It has become even harder to kill people in a simple shirt.
For example,  I had to give, with an ax for two hands, about 4 times to kill a lousy farmer.
Do something about it is quite annoying!

DeathwolfX03 said:
Mujibi said:
Hello, anyone knows if the native recruitment is gone for good? I kinda find the other one annoying, because I like to get my army one by one or in small groups. Thanks.

Its gone for good.

Thank you for replying, I think it gives little choice to the player though.

I fixed the auto garisson thing myself
now I have an issue with "unable to find material jewelery" popping up whenever I see a lady
it's not a huge issue, and I can easily ignore it, but if it can be fixed, let's fix it

in textures the file says jewellery, and the game askes for jewelry
and quarterstafs don't do any damage, and they eventually break, good luck training peasants that way

fuzzyballs01 said:
I fixed the auto garisson thing myself
now I have an issue with "unable to find material jewelery" popping up whenever I see a lady
it's not a huge issue, and I can easily ignore it, but if it can be fixed, let's fix it

in textures the file says jewellery, and the game askes for jewelry
and quarterstafs don't do any damage, and they eventually break, good luck training peasants that way

What was wrong with the auto garrison? I could not find it, at least in REV 276?

Back
Top Bottom