The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

nobody can help here with the ladder of the castle ? i wasted 4 gb of my 10 gb of my hotspot to download this game with all the update i cant even besiege a  castle why nobody help here?
this is a great mode but im disappointing because i cant play the way i want it i can besieges no castle at all

darsox said:
nobody can help here with the ladder of the castle ? i wasted 4 gb of my 10 gb of my hotspot to download this game with all the update i cant even besiege a damn castle why nobody help here?

Did you click on the option "lead your soldiers in an assault?"

when i click besiege castle show me i have to wait 20 hours and then when the 20 hours finish, show me the castle menu  again and again show me if i wanna besiege the castle or i want to sneak in the castle . never show me lead you troops or assault the castle  and i waited like 5 days and  never show me assault or lead you troops always, always show me the castle menu if i wanna besiege or i wanna sneak in the castle...

sorry for my poor english

EdmundBlackadder said:
darsox said:
nobody can help here with the ladder of the castle ? i wasted 4 gb of my 10 gb of my hotspot to download this game with all the update i cant even besiege a damn castle why nobody help here?

Did you click on the option "lead your soldiers in an assault?"
doesn't show me that option .... in this mod . i have other mods no problem. i dont know why in this one i cannot besiege :*(

I think the "new" horses work just perfect : the spearmen can stop them (if the terrain helps even more) and the guisarmers bring down the horsemen without necessarily killing the horse... very realistic to my opinion ... :wink:

Jason L. said:
I think the "new" horses work just perfect : the spearmen can stop them (if the terrain helps even more) and the guisarmers bring down the horsemen without necessarily killing the horse... very realistic to my opinion ... :wink:
Sorry to disagree... Battles are starting to feel "native like" again.. Horses don't fall to bills and glaives, and that feels unreal: horses were (and are) much more "delicate" than one could expect, since in warband you could not force a "dismount" on enemy hooking him with a bill, kiling his horse is the only way to put it in the game.. and before those last updates it worked just fine for me, now I see horses go on and on even after many hits from lances, that brings me to the following...
The tuning down of lances has rendered heavy cavalry even dumber than before: if, for some reason, they don't break their lances, they just stop in the middle of enemies without being able to hurt anything. I agree that before lances were overpowered, but they should not be so different from spears in thrusting damage.. Swings are another matter: a knife fixed on a broom stick is still a knife, it will skewer you just the same. If you instead swing it: it's slower, more difficult to aim, and pretty useless at close range... So a tuning down is ok.

Naughtius Maximus said:
Jason L. said:
Sorry to disagree... Battles are starting to feel "native like" again.. Horses don't fall to bills and glaives, and that feels unreal: horses were (and are) much more "delicate" than one could expect, since in warband you could not force a "dismount" on enemy hooking him with a bill, kiling his horse is the only way to put it in the game.. and before those last updates it worked just fine for me, now I see horses go on and on even after many hits from lances, that brings me to the following...
The tuning down of lances has rendered heavy cavalry even dumber than before: if, for some reason, they don't break their lances, they just stop in the middle of enemies without being able to hurt anything. I agree that before lances were overpowered, but they should not be so different from spears in thrusting damage.. Swings are another matter: a knife fixed on a broom stick is still a knife, it will skewer you just the same. If you instead swing it: it's slower, more difficult to aim, and pretty useless at close range... So a tuning down is ok.
It's a game and there are limitations on how close to reality you can get we are just trying to reach a compromise that is as realistic as possible ... what you suggest is, to my opinion, pretty unrealistic too if not even more ... you can not make horses useless just because its not possible to make bills work the way you want in a mid 13th century mod. Horses after all disappeared from the battlefield just during the 1st WW for some reason : they're not that delicate
As about lances : they should be rather encumbering to use like spears except light lances who resembled like long spears more or less. Maybe there should be a distinction between "pure" lances and simple ones that can still deliver conched damage but are usable as long spears also like the 11th century ones most obviously still in use by many ...

I am trying and trying. Mongols are now real hard. The horse revamp and the close range add on arrow damage made this guys the ultimate force. They just massacre me.
I let them clash on my infantry combined with archers(as they stop shooting anyway when enemy is close, and the mongol comes close real fast),and I attack them in the back with my cavalry. My 130 men can barely kill 90. But I will find how to crack them.  :smile:

BUG:

When you are riding a horse with some kind of modifier (e.g., Heavy), and you get dehorsed during battle, if you mount another horse in the battle, at the end of the battle you will "get" a horse of the same type you rode into battle but WITHOUT any modifier, and it will replace your original horse.

Playing rev. 214

Jason L. said:
It's a game and there are limitations on how close to reality you can get we are just trying to reach a compromise that is as realistic as possible ... what you suggest is, to my opinion, pretty unrealistic too if not even more ... you can not make horses useless just because its not possible to make bills work the way you whttp://forums.taleworlds.com/Smileys/phpbb/icon_sad.gifant in a mid 13th century mod. Horses after all disappeared from the battlefield just during the 1st WW for some reason : they're not that delicate

I'm sorry i just didn't explain it well.. The "hooking" example was just a general point on the fact that you cannot make warband work like reality..

In Italy we have the therm "sgarrettare" that means "cutting the hock", and that was one of the use of bills on battlefields (one of the others was break enemies' lances/spears).. Cutting its hocks would have put the horse out of combat immediatly, but now I see horses get even three hits before being disabled. That brings on the problem with mongols or similar troops that should have "light" cavalry that instead goes on and on...

Like it was before, horses were weaker, but not usless.. now i get the feeling of swadian heavy cavalry :neutral:... Improving the armor rate of barded/caparisoned horses, in my opinion, would have been a more viable solution to improve horses efficiency.

On lances, I would just see them well with a much slower speed the longer they are (they are more coumbersome), but more thrusting damage..

Maybe i'll just tweak them manually in my game and see how it works! :wink:

I see your point. did you use spear bracing on ? I'll have to check it ... I play in Italy with latest revision and I don't see the problem... Horses still get killed only some of them survive... let's put it to test a Little more.. I'll try the mongols also to see if they are beatable...

Ivan the Awesome said:
That is supposed to happen. If you let your horse get killed it goes down to normal, then gets lamed.

No. My horse has gotten killed plenty of times without losing its modifier. It seems this only happens when I "pick up" a horse from the battlefield.

Dwinny said:
Ivan the Awesome said:
That is supposed to happen. If you let your horse get killed it goes down to normal, then gets lamed.

No. My horse has gotten killed plenty of times without losing its modifier. It seems this only happens when I "pick up" a horse from the battlefield.

It's a random chance.
It's supposed to happen, and it's also in Native.

Bremmelgod said:
Dwinny said:
Ivan the Awesome said:

It's a random chance.
It's supposed to happen, and it's also in Native.

It happends after you get your horse killed more then twice it loses the trait when it becomes *lame*.
But what is bug, is when you pick up a modified horse on battlefield, lets say heavy or spirited horse, you keep it alive and after the battle it becomes normal horse anyway.

Back
Top Bottom