The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Roll back you revision to get things back in order, usually they are not save game compatible so backup everything you want to keep before updating.

stevehoos said:
Another problem with latest SVN, a fresh start with 193: Day 198, I have yet to see any bandit group on the entire map in 3 months, traveled it back 3 times. Worked fine at the beginning of the game, something went wrong somewhere?  :?: :???:

Just to confirm this, there are no bandits, robber knights, monte scari or whatever they are called on the entire map. I tried restarting my saved game with no success. The saved game I have is corrupt somehow? After starting a brand new game they came back, but this is a big bug.

Also a bug where I am able to compete in the same tournament multiple times has come of age.

Another bug where 2 parties on the map were fighting each other and over with no outcome and no casualties. Every time the 2 parties would clash in battle they would just break off from each other. I followed the the 2 of them all over western Europe. I had to stop playing this campaign as things appear to be significantly bugged to the point of being unplayable.

The same first two for me, but not the third "bug". Wandering bandits groups dissapear from the map (they are not generated again), and before I could fight one or two tournaments a day, now I can fight four or five.

About the tird issue, I observed it on previous releases: sometimes fast AI patrol groups (custodes and so on) get engaged in battle and retreat quickly, with no casualties, and continue pursuing again and again. I'm not sure I will consider this a real bug, but the fact its that it happened two betas ago, so it's not a new issue.

And another thing, in non-SVN ver I have good amounts of money from my manors, after developing them. Now on last SVN, it doesn't mind how many buildings I have, the rents are absolutely pathetic, so it's not worth to develop nothing, would take ages for amortizing them. I don't know if the non-SVN manor rents worked as expected, but at least they gave good amounts of gold so it was really fun to develop them,  but the present state in SVN version  it's unplayable, so the solution perhaps would be in the middle... :sad:

Thx :smile:

What the hell happened with the ladies faces? o_O

they used to be normal, now they are bloody ugly: seriously, they look like they have ichthyosis  :shock:

Men faces too aren't that cute  :wink:

Plus: I'm anxiously waiting the day when Iceland will be added  :lol:

Its a new campaign and I got this messages about penniless lords. Never seen those before.

2013010800002r.jpg

othr said:
Bandits were removed by the way, except the initial spawn.

Do you mean bandits were removed willfully?  :shock: :shock:  :sad:  In that case why???  :eek:

Edward von Hohenstaufen said:
What the hell happened with the ladies faces? o_O

they used to be normal, now they are bloody ugly: seriously, they look like they have ichthyosis  :shock:

Men faces too aren't that cute  :wink:

This is neither a new issue. But, personally I'll never understand why you guys wasted  surely lots of time changing ALL woman faces (which were IMHO very nice at vanilla) instead of improving other things  :???: :?: Now they all look like Gillian Anderson clones, but with serious skin problems, in fact...  :mrgreen: If some of you are Gillian's fans sure will be another ways to honor her  :???:

Thx :smile:

i dont really get whats up with the women faces hype  :mrgreen: :razz: i dont really even notice them when i am playing,but if you want to fullfill your fetish guys i can revert back to the native model if you want

othr said:

Yes, for now anyway.  I noticed they accumulated to the point where it was really slowing the game down.  Removing them allowed me to increase the amount of AI calculations.  I never though bandits were that important to anyone really :smile:

Are they?  I've always viewed them as a nuisance personally.

Especially when the freelancer mode became available.  Does anyone actually miss bandits?

othr said:
othr said:

Yes, for now anyway.  I noticed they accumulated to the point where it was really slowing the game down.  Removing them allowed me to increase the amount of AI calculations.  I never though bandits were that important to anyone really :smile:

Especially when the freelancer mode became available.  Does anyone actually miss bandits?
I miss bandits. They are an important part of the early game for me, a source of money and armour etc before I sign up with anyone.
I hope that you can find some way to implement them that doesn't slow up the game too much.

othr said:
othr said:

They're quite important in the many kingdoms you can align with at start that aren't at war initially. All you can do otherwise is wait around for the DoW with tournaments now and then. Freelancing is an option I suppose, but it's usually also more tedious waiting than anything else.

kuauik said:
i dont really get whats up with the women faces hype  :mrgreen: :razz: i dont really even notice them when i am playing,but if you want to fullfill your fetish guys i can revert back to the native model if you want

What's the problem?

Simply:

Ladies then
302822_2458293833671_119686159_n.jpg

Ladies now
46375_2641635537099_1730493776_n.jpg

They are clearly uglier man :s

And, yes, it would be really really cool if you reverted it back  :mrgreen:

i won't miss that outlaws :smile: thx for your efforts!!!

i hope you guys will take a look at the problem with the companions - i mean the problem with mercenary companions - i just should not send them on diplomitic missions? because they do nothing if on mission and has to be hired again with "on mission" status.

and if i gave such mercenarycompanion a fief or ministry he can be hired again and is cloned!

pic of mercenary companions menu after giving fief to charles
38mus84v.jpg

i hired him again!
nhu3c634.jpg

i see him in my party physical  :wink:
dsnyg7j8.jpg

rev.187 / warband latest (steam)

Glycerius said:
Missions like seeking peace, or any other standard diplomatic mission. The companions recruited in the city menu are very prone to disappearing on routine diplomatic missions. The nobles recruited at hunts or by invite, work fine.

:shock: "at hunts" - is there really a present working feature to go on hunt with lords / invite them to such events !???

... tell me please  :smile:

othr said:

Just my opinion, taking away the bandits hurts the playability of the mod.  It already lacks for a feel of open ended randomness. Is it historically accurate to have them all removed at some point? Is it to improve the campaign map speed? The thing is slower than a canal barge after the latest update? Makes no sense to me, it's bordering ridiculous? You spend your time removing the bandits, and altering the faces of the woman (which really who cares)? You have spent more time taking away from adding in this regard. Wasted allocation of time. But that's why I learn to mod.    :roll:

Obviously I cared enough to remove them.  If the mod is dull for you without bandits what it is exactly that you do when you play it?

1. Please don't remove bandits completely, wouldn't have anything to slaughter as a new started Character this way.
(I'm simply no friend of the freelance-system, because it just forces you to wait ages before anything happens
- and damn what happens if the lord just wants to fight a battle his army can't win, then I'm dead or doomed or PoW ???)
Of course U wouldn't mint more resources for AI calculation - but Bandits are essential ... as are caravans ...

2. Is there any idea regarding the implementation of new interesting or just a bit more diverse QUESTS ?
(this was always the one and only thing, that Europe1200 did a bit better, but since i never would play a
different mod nowadays - I miss different quests, that would boost the RPG factor of the game a bit more,
since the diplomacy elements are only really basic - and it would just make the path to your own kingdom a bit more fun imo)

3. so: Any planning for more diplomatic features !?

/ Kuauik you just did a great job on all the textures and armours !  :mrgreen:

othr said:
Obviously I cared enough to remove them.  If the mod is dull for you without bandits what it is exactly that you do when you play it?

Because it makes the mod feel lifeless, sterile, and void of AI activity with them all removed. It takes away options from the player, and it is an essential part of the game play at least early. Why would you even "care" to remove them; for what logical reason? Do what you want, it's your mod, and I respect that, but I won't play it; you all are slowly taking away options for people who don't play exactly like you do, it's becoming too linear. Cést la vie 

Fair enough.  I'll re-enable the bandits but in smaller numbers, I really was only concerned about faction AI getting more calculations, nothing else.  I didn't realize there was such a strong attachment to bandits.

Bandits will spawn around cities, so that they're always in highly frequented areas and not hard to find.

othr said:
Fair enough.  I'll re-enable the bandits but in smaller numbers, I really was only concerned about faction AI getting more calculations, nothing else.  I didn't realize there was such a strong attachment to bandits.

Bandits will spawn around cities, so that they're always in highly frequented areas and not hard to find.

Thank you,  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom