The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

DrTomas said:
Harith said:
Are u going to add mamluke lancers to the sultanat because it is more accurate and will greatly reduce their incapability on the field and superiority in sieges??
I have not decided yet.

Harith said:
Are there any plans to extend the map further east into Iraq, Persia as well as Arabia??
No such plans. Probably no new factions either in the near future.

aight thanks man, good job on the mod... prolly the best so far

buglepong said:
getting ctds after character creation upon loading the first town battle build 66

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

Hunterwolf said:
I so understand new system of hiring of armies this similarity of system for lords? Not so well that it is impossible to choose that give, the structure is already initially registered. Whether it is possible as that to make what there was a choice of whom employ, I understand that for this purpose it is necessary to create several times more templates, but it would be healthy!!!

NPC uses the same system as the player. Recruit lances from towns, but only for the lance recruitment system. The native system is native for both the player and the NPC recruitment.

The composition of the lance are completely random, other then the noble-regular troop ratio. I don't use predefine templates, but an recursive algorithm to fill in the troops. The tier of the troop is based on luck(random roll) and fief prosperity(what kind of roll do you need to make to get an "upgraded" troop).

I'm also planing for the next revision:
1. More variety lances. Say - a village to provide lances made with town troops. So armies would not lack a specific troops, like crossbowmen if whole army is recruited from village. So a chance to get a diffrent lance. From villages - 30% chance for town lance, 70% for village lance. Castles - 50% village lance, 50% town lance. Towns - 70% town lance, 30% village lance. This obiviously no real diffrence if the faction has the same tree for town an villages.
2. Diffrent lance limits, right now: 10 for towns and villages, 15 for castles.
3. Lance regeneration rate no longer static. Each center instead of one lance, can get up to three of them(either 1, 2 or 3).
4. Regional mercenaries for NPC lords. Lords can get a few additional mercenary units into there ranks while recruiting lances.

All of these are done, but I still need to test them out before releasing. I also did fix a number of bugs.

Oh and mercenary type of lances would be neat.....

Is there any way to get this in a .rar package, the program that the guide said to use dosen't work.

I appologize if I missed a link or something that is in plain sight.

Another suggestion thought I don't have the mod: :oops:
Maybe mercenary groups should also consist troops with different level? Not so that you can have full army of those welsh longbowmen or templar knights.

Pööukkeli said:
Another suggestion thought I don't have the mod: :oops:
Maybe mercenary groups should also consist troops with different level? Not so that you can have full army of those welsh longbowmen or templar knights.

Yeah, I'm thinking something along those lines as well. Atleast for the "major" region mercs.

I read that the feudal war service for levies was limited to 40 days a year. If a liege wanted to wage war for a longer time, he had to pay the men, but even then they were free to choose whether they want the payment or rather go home and keep on caring about their fields.

So how about reducing upkeep to 0 for all troops in your party for the duration of 40 days after war was declared? This can only happen once, and you need a period of peace (faction description saying "...is at war with no one") to reset this. This represents how only long wars can become expensive, otherwise having free access to human material. Like it used to be, back then.

Keluit said:
Is there any way to get this in a .rar package, the program that the guide said to use dosen't work.

I appologize if I missed a link or something that is in plain sight.

didnt u even get to install it? if not then u might have picked wrong bit version as there is 32-bit and 64-bit computers.

If u managed to install it right then for a thousand time u can't do SVN checkup, update or any other option in the program files and solution is to move whole game or just do them to desktop

DrTomas said:
1. More variety lances. Say - a village to provide lances made with town troops. So armies would not lack a specific troops, like crossbowmen if whole army is recruited from village. So a chance to get a diffrent lance. From villages - 30% chance for town lance, 70% for village lance. Castles - 50% village lance, 50% town lance. Towns - 70% town lance, 30% village lance. This obiviously no real diffrence if the faction has the same tree for town an villages.
3. Lance regeneration rate no longer static. Each center instead of one lance, can get up to three of them(either 1, 2 or 3).
4. Regional mercenaries for NPC lords. Lords can get a few additional mercenary units into there ranks while recruiting lances.

All of these are done, but I still need to test them out before releasing. I also did fix a number of bugs.

It is excellent, I at gradually it and meant, I understand how much tiresome this work, thanks for work, good luck

btw I have abt +10 companions but when I try to auto upgrade their armors they wont change their gears tho there is better gears in the party inventory?? they did change their gears once. for example a guy with str 11 has poor cap with +15def though there is better one in inventory with requirement of 7 str and gives +89def  :roll:

DrTomas said:
buglepong said:
getting ctds after character creation upon loading the first town battle build 66

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

Hunterwolf said:
I so understand new system of hiring of armies this similarity of system for lords? Not so well that it is impossible to choose that give, the structure is already initially registered. Whether it is possible as that to make what there was a choice of whom employ, I understand that for this purpose it is necessary to create several times more templates, but it would be healthy!!!

NPC uses the same system as the player. Recruit lances from towns, but only for the lance recruitment system. The native system is native for both the player and the NPC recruitment.

The composition of the lance are completely random, other then the noble-regular troop ratio. I don't use predefine templates, but an recursive algorithm to fill in the troops. The tier of the troop is based on luck(random roll) and fief prosperity(what kind of roll do you need to make to get an "upgraded" troop).

Amazing. Has Kauik's pack(new faces, new, realistic medieval leg clothing etc.) been added?

More variety lances. Say - a village to provide lances made with town troops. So armies would not lack a specific troops, like crossbowmen if whole army is recruited from village. So a chance to get a different lance. From villages - 30% chance for town lance, 70% for village lance. Castles - 50% village lance, 50% town lance. Towns - 70% town lance, 30% village lance. This obviously no real difference if the faction has the same tree for town an villages.
Different lance limits, right now: 10 for towns and villages, 15 for castles.
Lance regeneration rate no longer static. Each center instead of one lance, can get up to three of them(either 1, 2 or 3).
Many bugfixes for lance recruitment system, regional manor system and other.
Should be ok to play with rev. 66 savegame.

Hopefully I removed all the debuging stuff. Apparently not. So another revision to fix that  :mrgreen:

You thought about my 40 day suggestion already? (Doesn't need to be 40 ingame days, though, as time is heavily disorted in this game).

SVN 68. Starting kingdom is hungary fresh start. in tavern instead of mercenary npc i encounter random town sequence guy. he is naked like village idot guy. at conversation  - make your preparations we will move at dawn but notting happens. visited other faction taverns i recruted some mans named swordsman and novice fighter.

edit: also same problem for my old save (version 66). some taverns like krakov at polsih pirincipalites i can recruit mercenary. but at poznan wroclav i cant. Also i started another new game with serving no one still some problem at french towns.

KnightPeter said:
SVN 68. Starting kingdom is hungary fresh start. in tavern instead of mercenary npc i encounter random town sequence guy. he is naked like village idot guy. at conversation  - make your preparations we will move at dawn but notting happens. visited other faction taverns i recruted some mans named swordsman and novice fighter.

when i load my old save from svn 66 there isnt such problem.

My mistake, i'll upload a fix tomorrow - can't right now.

Joker86 said:
You thought about my 40 day suggestion already? (Doesn't need to be 40 ingame days, though, as time is heavily disorted in this game).
That would be neat. But I'm a bit afraid of leaving the player with too much of "free stuff". That's why I think that right now it's enough to have free lance recruitment in times of war.

DrTomas said:
That would be neat. But I'm a bit afraid of leaving the player with too much of "free stuff". That's why I think that right now it's enough to have free lance recruitment in times of war.

Well yeah, you are probably right on this, but perhaps you could simply start a try and see how it develops? If this also affects the AI it would lead to a hot first phase of fighting, which then calms down to constantly smouldering war. I think the player will hit his party limit very soon, and if he keeps recruiting only cavalry and disbanding the rest he can lead a very strong party for some time (after thinking about it I think something between 7-14 days would be perfectly enough), but once the free upkeep time is over he either loses incredible amounts of money or his complete party, forcing him to recruit peasants and low tier troops again.

But again I want to point out that this suggestion is basing more on realism than on actual gameplay thoughts.

as Promised - the new revision
Bug fixed with improper mercenaries in tavern.
Most of Rus cities under mongols/Lithuanians at the start of the game now have proper culture set.
Adjusted recruitment scripts for Towns/castles. Now centers recruit both native units and faction units.
Some settlement adjustments.
Should be ok with save-games, started 66rev and up.

Oh and it's revision 69. You should feel naughty when updating.

Back
Top Bottom