The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

blackitalian said:
New manors are awesome. So we will be limited to one per town and the buildings in it do not add directly to income i.e. the blacksmith at my manor does not generate income for me, rather for the actual black smith. So do i get taxes from the black smith or does he add to the prosperity of my town and I get taxes from the town? I see they pay me in money or goods  :oops: What is the max income I can get from my town with all the manor upgrades? Does the AI make manors? If so can I raid them and steal some of his treasury and vice versa? How do I call these men to war, do i have to wait for an official war or can I start my own raiding party? Lastly with only one per town, might be better to put them on map so we can find them more readily.

You should read the manual. I spent a good hour writing it so you won't have the need to ask these questions  :eek:

Master Kenobi said:
Little question: is it intended that the merchants you have to talk to at the very beginning of a game are only called "Merchant" now? I guess they were called "Merchant of ..." before...  :?:
Yes, someone complain about the mistypes. So now there are no mistypes :mrgreen:

Arrakhis said:
blackitalian said:
Bug: Pisa wants me to find pirates on the road to Cairo. That's quite a ways away.

thats not a bug, its back to native

Back to native? There is no Sicily in native, I don't understand. Also the towns get infested with arab/african bandits. Shouldn't the quest have to do with local town/villages and bandits should be european? Also taverns offer arab/african recruits not european.

blackitalian said:
Arrakhis said:
blackitalian said:
Bug: Pisa wants me to find pirates on the road to Cairo. That's quite a ways away.

thats not a bug, its back to native

Back to native? There is no Sicily in native, I don't understand. Also the towns get infested with arab/african bandits. Shouldn't the quest have to do with local town/villages and bandits should be european? Also taverns offer arab/african recruits not european.

he means that the bug is from native that it can send u to other side of the map  :wink:

blackitalian said:
Also the towns get infested with arab/african bandits. Shouldn't the quest have to do with local town/villages and bandits should be european? Also taverns offer arab/african recruits not european.
historically in sicily and in s-italy there were a lot of african/arab raider in these times.
and about taverns, those guys are not recruits, they're mercenary, and you can hire them, becouse in this region there was a strong arabic influence. militarily, i mean.

So how would you call a monk who rewrites all the manuscript by hand? a scribe?
How about the building(or the complex of a monestry) that the process take place, scribery?

DrTomas said:
So how would you call a monk who rewrites all the manuscript by hand? a scribe?
How about the building(or the complex of a monestry) that the process take place, scribery?

That monk is called "Amanuensis", and about the room you should just call it "Scriptorium", I guess.
I can't wait for monasteries to come out.
What are you thinking to do with them, how will they work?

F.F.C._fritz said:
That monk is called "Amanuensis", and about the room you should just call it "Scriptorium", I guess.
I can't wait for monasteries to come out.
What are you thinking to do with them, how will they work?

I'm currently going to improve the fortified scenes manor. What I'm thinking is:
1. "Give" it to one of the crusader orders so the levy army from the town will have some of the order troops.
2. Insted upgrade it with the Scriptorium and in such gain other bonuses - like a bookshop at your manor scene.

I'm still thinking of doing a seperete monestry type manor, but I'm not sure on how to do them yet.

DrTomas said:
I'm still thinking of doing a separate monastery type manor, but I'm not sure on how to do them yet.
I'm not even a native speaker, but I just couldn't resist. :razz:

About the raiders on their way to Cairo, maybe it's possible to decrease the radius in which such a quest can be placed...?! Well, you know what I mean. Speaking of it, I've noticed some other dialogue text in which replacing "Calradia" with "Europe" or other direct adaptions made the impression of immensely-educated NPCs.

Cuthalion said:
DrTomas said:
I'm still thinking of doing a separate monastery type manor, but I'm not sure on how to do them yet.
I'm not even a native speaker, but I just couldn't resist. :razz:
Are you mocking me? Go correct in game mistypes, which should be plenty, and send them to me instead of trying to annoy me.

Cuthalion said:
About the raiders on their way to Cairo, maybe it's possible to decrease the radius in which such a quest can be placed...?! Well, you know what I mean. Speaking of it, I've noticed some other dialogue text in which replacing "Calradia" with "Europe" or other direct adaptions made the impression of immensely-educated NPCs.
Yeah, I should do the check for Calradia reference sometime.

Arrakhis said:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1e6cvbl8dmg3go0

torrent with latest svn, well considered its outdated after 1-2 days
We should replace the pre with this perhaps.... hmmm

Venice (as a fraction, and lords of Venice) have no flag, actually they have a white ones (although they are not surrendering).  :???:

BTW is it possible to finally complete list of characters in a notes/characters overview? Present list ends with Lady Clarice, and the rest of NPC's that should be following (alphabetically) are not listed. Yes I know, it's long, boring and not so important job. I'd help, but I don't know what to do or how to do it.

Disco Ninja said:
BTW is it possible to finally complete list of characters in a notes/characters overview? Present list ends with Lady Clarice, and the rest of NPC's that should be following (alphabetically) are not listed. Yes I know, it's long, boring and not so important job. I'd help, but I don't know what to do or how to do it.
Nope. Unless you are an assembler guru and can change it for us in the warband.exe. It's limited on how much troops can be displayed in there

makidonski said:
Question:
Which factions are Volynia or Mongol territories? Ty  :oops:

huh? not sure if I got ur question right but do u mean what factions there is in volhynia and mongol territories?

Question: are the castles skins randomly generated? In revision 57 as a mercenary for the teutons Georgenburg was a huge, amazing stone castle on a really high hill, with walls, towers and so on...
In revision 59 I visited the same castle as a Lithuanian and I found a complete different scenery, kind of motte with wooden walls and towers around it. The same scene I've seen in other castles in the same area.

Back
Top Bottom