The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Yippiyeah!! Christian Turcopoles in taverns and much more horses at the horse merchant!  :grin:
This shows the truth of the saying "Good things come to those who wait."  :wink:

DrTomas said:
Finnaly - no?
Many bugfixes.
Lance breaking is back, it's tide to the weapon breaking option.
New mod option - ability to adjust how well the lords react to the call to arms from the marshal.
Scene tweaks.
Animation tweaks.
Other various tweaks.

awsome.gif
awsome.gif
awsome.gif
awsome.gif
awsome.gif
awsome.gif

Master Kenobi said:
Yippiyeah!! Christian Turcopoles in taverns and much more horses at the horse merchant!  :grin:
This shows the truth of the saying "Good things come to those who wait."  :wink:

damn, no chance to play so far. what other changes are noticeable?

PS haha, what's that DrT?

Othienka said:
So DrThomas is planning to add more towns/castles/villages?

*drools  :cool:

This looks very interesting if it is what I think it is (the name of the "fief" kinda gives it away)

Cuthalion said:
Master Kenobi said:
Yippiyeah!! Christian Turcopoles in taverns
Since when are there non-Christian turcopoles?  :razz:
If you got Turcopoles before this revision (e.g. when you free them) you got a cultural/religious clash in your party and the morale dropped. So I think they were Muslims...

My game crashes sometimes when my lance breaks :sad:.

EDIT: to be more specific, my lance and and an enemy's lance both hit eachothers horses at roughly the same time. I think a double lance break crashes the game.

guys nearly all new models have bad tangent dirs so normal maps don't look how they should, are you going to fix it?
with the new openbrf it's really easy just select all models (no need to do one at time), right click and select recompute tangent dirs then save as warband .brf

Alright, the idea with the manors is this. Villages are supposed to be as a small towns then villages. So that's what I want them to be. Current villages will have mostly cosmetic changes to make them seem like a small town.

The new type of settlements, which I call manors, will apear. There type and loaction are dinamic, ie both there type and the place on the map is randomized as each new game. Each village will have one and each town will have two manors. The main purpose of them is to give certain bonuses to the towns and villages they are bound to - either by spawning some special walkers or give bonuses to the merchants of the town. This idea is also to make the map less "empty" as some people complained about it.

So far I thought up of these types of manors so far and there bonuses:
Those that effect both villages and towns:
Whorehouse - spawns whorse in taverns/villages.
Monestry - spawns a priest in taverns/villages.
Mercanery camp - Extra place to recruit merceneries.
Those that will only effect towns:
Horse breeder - More horses for the horse seller.
Blacksmith - More/Better Weapons and Armors for the armorsmith and weaponsmith.
Trader - More things for the Goods merchant.

The idea is still in "brewing", so it's possible I'll make some adjustments to it - as currently it seems more gameplay like then realistic - It's not like there wouldin't be any whores around if there weren't any brothels in the vcinity of the town. So other way to appraoch them is tie them to the production of the village/town. So if village would have a Hunting village bound to it, the village would produce more furs(in such increasing them both in towns and village inventories). And insted of one global "blacksmith" there could be say - a manor of some fame master spearmaker, which would increase the production of spears and lances in towns. Master Helmeth Smith -that would increase the amount of  helmets in towns, ect, ect. This would also allow the player to build such improvements to towns and villages as well(they still will be some assigned at the beggining of the game).

Perhaps you have a better idea to how to intoduce manors to the mod? Or perhaps you have more ideas for manor types? Well it's you're time to shine(and do it fast, becouse I'll decide how to approach them and start introducing them tonight).

Also manor idea is that they don't realy interect much with the rest of the world(to save resources, which the mod allready eats alot). So while the player could visit them and they could possibly be infested by bandits(or something like that), they will be ignored by most of the rest of the world. There are mainly for player (and prosperity) benifits.

oh and this is how they look currently
mb109.jpg

mb110.jpg

mb111.jpg

mb112.jpg

Cool! looks great! Instead of having mercenarie camps in the crusader manors , how about having  Templar / hospitaller headquatres.That way it will be easier to find Templars to recruit into your army.Dam  I'm dribbling ..waiting for this beta is terrible.  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom