The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

reiksmarshal said:
This mod has ran its course sadly, with the departure of Dr Tomas and kuaik it has died. 

I disagree, and while Othr has been in charge of this ship, I feel that this mod has been sailing in the right directions. DrThomas and Kuauik added a tremendous amount to this mod, but this mod is not dead quite yet.

Spitfire84 said:
reiksmarshal said:
This mod has ran its course sadly, with the departure of Dr Tomas and kuaik it has died. 

I disagree, and while Othr has been in charge of this ship, I feel that this mod has been sailing in the right directions. DrThomas and Kuauik added a tremendous amount to this mod, but this mod is not dead quite yet.

Keep telling yourself that, maybe if you wait long enough he might appear online again 6-9 months down the road. 

So I'm looking to dive into the fray once more, bigtime. Coming back and catching up has been quite a shock though, with the stuff I've read here, so could anyone, preferably the modders themselves, or some long time players who've been keeping track for a while, enlighten me on what the hell has been going on?

Let me get this straight, Othr has returned, Tomas and Kauik dropped out? Why the latter?

I've been reading up on this, and apparently there was a whole fiasco about it. If I got this right, Othr took over, made some radical changes, scrapped some of the existing features, went the fix what's not broken route and reworked things that worked fine already, with an infestation of bugs appearing in the last few revisions. Because all I could read are countless players complaining about it, and another dozen complaining about those complaining. I could not read up on the things that have been changed, as the pages are too many, and the info on revisions is far too few and in between.

To clarify, I haven't been playing roughly some time after  kauik's pack released, shortly before 2013.

Now here are the things I know of -

- Vanilla recruiting system has been scrapped, lance stays. A pity, but understandable.

- lance breaking has been scrapped altogether. A pity, but then it never worked properly, causing crashes.

- Female faces are cartoony and totally out of place, which I've seen from the still little time I've spent playing the new rev, before coming here.

- Damage system is reworked, for the better, or for worse.

- Ai uses spear bracing, holy mother of god, nice1

- Faces have been slightly modified, messing up the favorite warband face of my most traditional characters, whom I have been importing over for nearly 2 years now. Objectively, there is nothing wrong with this, however I'd like to know if one can undo this little change somehow, as I'd like to keep my character's face the way it was.

- There is no music, neither in the main menu, nor in cities. I'd appreciate it if Othr could clarify what's up with this, as I am hoping it's a bug, and not a design choice. The music in ad 1257 was no doubt the best I've heard in any mod, perfectly reflecting the religiously driven world of the middle ages, especially the main menu theme, that could find no replacement in my eyes. If this was purely a design choice, it was a terrible, terrible one.

tl dr - I'm in a dillemma of abandoning a great save and a great character for a version that may be problematic, this is why i need some insight on it, as well as what happened with tomas and kauik, as well as the music.

BUMP

Me I wouldn't complain about fight system, I love weapons breaking, lance breaking, damage system, lance recruitement for feudal and rural troops...I never played warband Native or another mod since graphisms and feels on the field are from far the best here. Same With Fire and Sword is a quite insipid thing in comparison of 1257AD.
But I wanted to ask to addicted players, why not form a "second swords" team to help Othr? I known Steevoos and Reikmarshal are doing stuff on scenes and map, me I could work a little on troops(just minor changes and adding of a few units, moreover make unic Lances for a few factions because actually Genoeses, Pisans, French, Almugaver Mercenary Lance, and the Lance in Pereyaslav aren't historically corrects.) I could of course explain in details why these Lances have to be changed(not in mind to get a Lance of 10 heavy cavalrymen :mrgreen:)
And make proper tabbards for more western Lords as well. I've made a template from the work of kauik

After a good half year of hiatus I checked the progress of 1257 AD, and experienced that the javelins does not work anymore? The balanced throwing spear does 0 DMG on the lords during tournaments. The throwing spears/javelins will be this useless from now on, or it is just a temporary balance issue?

YourStepDad said:
I stopped reading there.

Me I don't plan to give 17 euros to this team which kept these ****s of Native faces when they were able to modelise and texture better ones. There are things that I can forgive to independant modders, but not to skilled professionals who vend their work.

You're free to simply ignore me and to play WFAS.  :smile:

Arszi said:
The balanced throwing spear does 0 DMG on the lords during tournaments. The throwing spears/javelins will be this useless from now on, or it is just a temporary balance issue?
Something goes wrong with your files, I have two javeliners as companions and if I don't care in tournaments they can kill me with only one javelin.
But the small dards sucks...it deliver only 26 damages points, so if your throwing skills aren't enough, you could thrown your 7 dards on a lord, the effects would be neglectables.

@Epicrules,not only, also the fights I don't like, I feels its not fluid like in 1257. Its maybe too the sound system which differ and let me this feeling of insipidity.
@YourStepDad, its you who is blind and do not see the difference between realistic faces made by modders and freely usables and ones which are sold but do not differ that much from the Native ones.

Anyway I stop the discussion here, sorry for being out-topic

Something goes wrong with your files, I have two javeliners as companions and if I don't care in tournaments they can kill me with only one javelin.
But the small dards sucks...it deliver only 26 damages points, so if your throwing skills aren't enough, you could thrown your 7 dards on a lord, the effects would be neglectables.
It is working now. Maybe it was that infamous"0 DMG bug".

Uff I wasnt here for time being, but I tell you guys I didnt expect so much changes around this mod. Its a shame I cant tell if there are good changes or bad changes. I will start new game and I can tell afterwards probably...

i have suggetion for newly updated scean of Karak castle.

i captured it and encounterd defend for heavy amount of muslims!
but they can't climing to siege ladder on top of the Super-Sloping-Slope.........

only thing to do is shootin in range or across the wall and kill them one-by-one myself........ :???:

scean looks incredibly cool!  but 'think got some issues..

gencov0 said:

but they can't climing to siege ladder on top of the Super-Sloping-Slope.........

only thing to do is shootin in range or across the wall and kill them one-by-one myself........ :???:

I will look in to this, as I made the scene. I have yet to experience this. When I extensively tested this scene a few revisions back it did not have any problems? I know it is not related to an AI  mesh problem. Was it just the archers that did not charge? I can't think of what changes or bugs would cause this? 

stevehoos said:
gencov0 said:

I will look in to this, as I made the scene. I have yet to experience this. When I extensively tested this scene a few revisions back it did not have any problems? I know it is not related to an AI  mesh problem. Was it just the archers that did not charge? I can't think of what changes or bugs would cause this?

Thanks for replying stevehoos!
I was playing recently version of revision..(274 something? Dont know presisly...)
And found some similar issue in byzantine castles
When i sieze one, My men cant walk up or down the stairs
And cant find way to enemy of top of inside walls..
I think they looks couldnt recognize stairs exist...

I noticed some materials were using bump_static with blue normals, which won't really work well. For example Constantinople walls.

So I took freedom to convert some of the normal maps to green format, but I didn't probably caught all of them.

I dont know if I'm allowed to do this, remove the link if you want, but here are the new textures.
http://www.mediafire.com/?9xyuosubcp5szij

Just put all files to your textures folder.

Another, maybe easier way would be just changing the shader for material.

Back
Top Bottom