The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

toxic-nova said:
I think I have found a little bug. When I enlist in a lords army I can not choose what kind of soldier I want to be. (peasant, burgher, knight) Or is it one of the last changes.
It's based on your renown now.
0-80 peasant
80-120 burger
120+ knight

A little quality of life issue I'm finding when fighting eastern/muslim troops involves horse archers.  First of all let me say that I love that they skirmish and circle the battle, I think this is great and tends to make the battles feel authentic.  Lines get sorta scattered as archers stop to deal with them.  Infantry goes about its business as there's nothing they can do about them, ect ect.

Two things I've noticed though is that HA's don't fire very often.  I'm not sure if they are staying too far out of range, or if the AI just isn't taking shots.  They would be a lot more effective if they just straight up loosed more arrows in the direction of the enemy.  Secondly when the army is defeated there's always 3-4 HA's left making huge circles of the map not really doing anything productive.  It drags out each battle considerably and makes it a chore to fight muslim/eastern armies.  These units should just retreat if the army is lost.  There's nothing to stop them from doing so, but instead they circle for 3-5 minutes until they hit a tree and die.  Is there any way to tune their behavior?  They should be a giant pain in the ass during the battle(which they arent enough of at the moment), and less so after the actual battle is over.

DrTomas said:
toxic-nova said:
I think I have found a little bug. When I enlist in a lords army I can not choose what kind of soldier I want to be. (peasant, burgher, knight) Or is it one of the last changes.
It's based on your renown now.
0-80 peasant
80-120 burger
120+ knight

Ahh thanks...then it makes sense that I become knight on my third duty.

hi ... can i give commands to armies which i recruited from my manors? - any skill or level needed?
i ask cause they just accompany me but do not fight on my side if i assault a castle.

other thing - is there a chance to set AI smarter by code? - cause i can easily take balt cities (faction pruteni and so on) i just besiege their castles until they are starving so much the garrison will shrink to 50men + lord's army 250men ... then i take the city with no problem!
the thing is that the garrison was in the beginning of the siege 800men + lord's army 250men big - the lord should have sally forth to crush my 200men army!!!

thx!

kalleschmitz said:
hi ... can i give commands to armies which i recruited from my manors? - any skill or level needed?
i ask cause they just accompany me but do not fight on my side if i assault a castle.

other thing - is there a chance to set AI smarter by code? - cause i can easily take balt cities (faction pruteni and so on) i just besiege their castles until they are starving so much the garrison will shrink to 50men + lord's army 250men ... then i take the city with no problem!
the thing is that the garrison was in the beginning of the siege 800men + lord's army 250men big - the lord should have sally forth to crush my 200men army!!!

thx!

It would be great if you could issue orders to your manor troops, such as tell them to follow you, or patrol this area.  :mrgreen: At the moment, I don't think we are being charged wages for "band of alcoholics." I changed mine to "patrol" and I have a red symbol over my 1257 module. The SVN knows all :smile: I wonder if this will cause problems? It has not so far.  :mrgreen:

Hey I updated to 164 last week, then had almost no time to play ...
I read there are some major issues in the 16_ versions regarding AI, when I read correctly - now we got - what, 176 ???
So quick Thomas, I can't keep up playing how fast this mod upgrades ^^

So any good reasons to upgrade to the present revision, rather starting a game with 164 ?

And by the way it would be nice to have a changelog just copy pasted from SVN from anyone in this thread here or another one,
for everyone else to know if it might be better to upgrade or to wait fro the next bugfix / to know what actual version the most recent is.

I mean the next bugfix can be only half a day away, we know :wink: - so waiting shouldn't be hard.
--> But then people like me would rather like to wait playing the game for the time, instead of starting a new campaign,
and then notice the other day, that the present version didn't contained many improvements, but some bugs, that now have been
fixed so i should start again ...
It's very hard to keep an overview of the status of the mod, even when imo you are playing the mod
+ reading the forum every day  :???:

anyway love the new textures ---> characters now look even more great.  :mrgreen:

You cannot properly attack Aleppo. The defenders are in the moat and the attackers are well above. The only way is to jump, which only the player character could do and survive. If there is a tournament in that city, it is not possible to exit.

I would recommend to update and start a new game because there was some scene updates. The last days nearly every day came a little update. In most cases no restart was required. As long no txt file is changed no restart is required. If a txt is changed it depends on what is changed.
And...if you update and you find out it is more than you wanted you can downgrade. You just have to remember your old revision.

Glycerius said:
You cannot properly attack Aleppo. The defenders are in the moat and the attackers are well above. The only way is to jump, which only the player character could do and survive. If there is a tournament in that city, it is not possible to exit.

That stinks, it has such a nice look as is.

Anyone else getting "battle stuttering" since the latest big revision? Had not seen this much in 97 beta. 

Glycerius said:
the siege is not done yet :mrgreen:

like the new border scene, but the high mountains around Novgorod look very strange.
look like lord of the ring or something else. land of Novgorod flat as a table.

I was under the impression that Novgorod, and most of Russia, are similar to the Canadian north--hilly, treed, and snowy. The flatlands are further south, in Ukraine.

When i approach to a door writes: „raise the ladder”, if you press the E button, freezes the image. I think this a bug. Happened every time.
Please do something about this bug, that is annoying.

In my own castle, I can not open those doors in the tower during a battle, why? Are castles like Janina, or something, near Kastoria.

And place in Patras the „Leave” button.

I have a problem with certain cities. When I lay siege to a certain city like London or Thessalonica, or choose the "walk around the streets" option I get a run-time error. It's very frustrating and makes the game nearly un-playable. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have a solution? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom