The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

I just figured it out. The part I was missing was Mongols. Yes I have conquered one of their cities, but for some reason they never came to my court. But now I tried to invite them accidentally in my village for a hunt and they showed up  :smile: Sweeeeet

Hi!
I've been downloading latest svn and I'm already at ~930 MBs. Could someone tell me how big it actually is? I'm on a limited bandwidth.

Thanks in advance,
r.

I've noticed one name inaccuracy: castle of Sarajevo have name that this town haven't got until the first half of the 15th century - 1429 when Ottoman Turks conquered this region and changed it's name from Vrhbosna (Slavic name that this town had before Turkish occupation) into Sarajevo.

So, my suggestion (for historical accuracies sake) is:
114.86,-61.85
From Sarajevo into Vrhbosna.

Cuthalion said:
How do you pronounce it?
Click to play the sound!
http://translate.google.com/#zh-CN/en/Vrhbosna

You can also make an a UFO sound:
http://translate.google.com/#vi/en/vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

And all this are arguments are what exactly?  :???:
I'm giving you some historical facts, and you give me what? Lame jokes?  :???:

I'm glad you all had a good laugh, but let's be serious.

The name I pointed you at is not invented by me, it is historical fact I found and published to contribute to historical authenticity of this mod. Meaning of this name is "Peak of Bosna" (Vrh = peak; Bosna = name of the river and area internationally known as Bosnia).
Yeah, I know it's a stupid name but what can I do about it? It's not my fault.

Disco Ninja said:
And all this are arguments are what exactly?  :???:
I'm giving you some historical facts, and you give me what? Lame jokes?  :???:
Thanks for that, I'll change it when I get the chance to.

Don't misunderstand us, most of these days I'm only posting when I take a break at work. I thought the way the chinese voice at google translate pronounced the name was funny(as it litteraly pronounced it in letters). Sorry if it made your contribution seem useles, it's not!

Well, to be precise: Sarajevo in turkish (from wikipedia) is simply Saraybosna. I checked it in google trans., and "saray" is something like 'palace', and many turkish/muslim towns had something with 'saray' in their names. So, when Turks (as Disco Ninja said) have taken the city, they just simply changed "Vrh" (top of mountain) into "Saray" (muslim palace) - making point, that from now on it's their town, not the Slavs. A name as good as any other, but Vrhbosna had definitly more sense to it, and definitly wasn't funny! :p

PS - Wanted just to say hello, been a while on this forum, just reading the topic, but sometimes reading's just not enough :]

I need some help here. I just installed Tortoise SVN and tried to install the mod. Problem is that I can't install it for some reason. Everytime I tried to run the program (I followed the Complete Idiots Guide) and it keeps saying access denied or something like that and fails to install.

and the real problem is that ur game is in program files. if u move it elsewhere then svn wont be a problem anymore

Sotuu said:
and the real problem is that ur game is in program files. if u move it elsewhere then svn wont be a problem anymore

Actually the real issue is that by default only the built-in administrator account have access to the Program Files, and Program Files (x86) folders, for basic security reasons. This can be fixed easily by doing the following, granting your personal account access:
PerXX said:
For future references, you could just give yourself Full Control to the Program Files folder.
That'll also fix it for any other programs that might have the same issue.
To give yourself Full Control, do the following (Assuming that you're using Windows 7:

* Right click the Program Files folder, and select Properties
* Click the Security tab
* Click the Edit button
* Click the Add button
* Type your login name, and click Check Name. It should change the name to YourComputerName\YourLoginName and become underlined.
* Click OK
* Highlight your login name in the list
* Tick the Allow field for Full Control
* Click OK until all windows are closed again.

But apparently this is too hard for most people. At least I've mentioned this many times, but it's always ignored and people are using the "install somewhere else,  then move it" option, instead of actually fixing the problem.

Sometimes you can get an Access Denied message, even when trying to edit permissions like above, if someone else is set as Owner of the folder. In that case, do this:

* Right click the Program Files folder, and select Properties
* Click the Security tab
* Click the Advanced button
* Click the Owner tab
* Click Edit
* Select your user, if its listed. If not, click Other users or Groups, and add it then.
* Click OK
* Now try to above again.

I am in a sticky situation. I have attracted 3 lords from another kingdoms to my kingdom. One of them is lord Kacsic Simon. I had relationship with him about 70. Suddenly Game said: Your relationship with lord Kacsic Simon decreased to 60. So I asked another lords where is lord Kacsis Simon, but both of them replied: I dont know where Kacsis Simon is. Same answer from his sister. No one knows where he is. I asked my chancelor to send him a letter, but courrier always gives up this mission. He didnt even move from starting positions. Game notes says: Kacsis Simon looted Bayarusa village (2 days ago). But this village is very deep in Mongol teritory and I am in war with them. I am afraid he is inprisoned somewhere, but I HAVE NO CLUE where he can be. I have used this map cheat (Ctrl + T) and it showed me all lords on map and cities/castles garrisons but I didnt find him. I tried to look by cursor (with this cheat) to every Mongol city/castle for list of prisoners, but nothing. Is there a way how can I find him? In persons descriptions is: His last known position is 5 days old (and it´s pointless of course)

Peacemaker said:
I am in a sticky situation. I have attracted 3 lords from another kingdoms to my kingdom. One of them is lord Kacsic Simon. I had relationship with him about 70. Suddenly Game said: Your relationship with lord Kacsic Simon decreased to 60. So I asked another lords where is lord Kacsis Simon, but both of them replied: I dont know where Kacsis Simon is. Same answer from his sister. No one knows where he is. I asked my chancelor to send him a letter, but courrier always gives up this mission. He didnt even move from starting positions. Game notes says: Kacsis Simon looted Bayarusa village (2 days ago). But this village is very deep in Mongol teritory and I am in war with them. I am afraid he is inprisoned somewhere, but I HAVE NO CLUE where he can be. I have used this map cheat (Ctrl + T) and it showed me all lords on map and cities/castles garrisons but I didnt find him. I tried to look by cursor (with this cheat) to every Mongol city/castle for list of prisoners, but nothing. Is there a way how can I find him? In persons descriptions is: His last known position is 5 days old (and it´s pointless of course)

That message "I don't know where he is" is give only if he was taken prisoner by another kingdom. If you wait a while and if you ask his sister again where he is, she will tell you that he was captured. It looks like the game needs some time to figure out he was captured. Before i knew about this, what i did is remove the fog and check out every castle/city on the map until i find the guy i was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom