The Music Will save you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Our implementation was MUCH better - especially with the addition of the bach fugues on the organ

edit: AND the church bell

I like to play music and carry banners as well. It's much better when bonuses are enabled, because it forces teamplay (or at least should)
but even when they aren't it's fun.

I generally hope for more teamplay, roleplay and communication on the servers.
I understand that not much team-organisation can be done on a 120-player TDM server, but at least on siege and battle, it should be possible. I always have to sadly realise that only very few answer to my initiations on the chat and try to make the game a better experience.

Are there any servers you had good experience with concernign teamplay/roleplay/communication?
Or is there even a public NW TS channel somewhere?

Or do I just have to deal with it?

P.S.: I don't have the time to join a regiment, if you're going to suggest that. :razz:

Thanks Hadji.

Hadji Murat said:
I know, right? I would love to see somebody playing that while their house is being blown to bits by a cannon on the official server!!
Yeah, I love those moments of contrast where in the thick of the battle the tunes and melodies appear from somewhere, creating a bittersweet disharmony together with the sounds of musketry, cannon, dying men and warcries.

And the bridal song slowly rises among the chaos of various tunes and overtakes the hearts of French and Brits as they see, with tears in their eyes, Napoleon and Wellington walking down the isle.

Seriously why was the wedding song added? was it not always intended purely for weddings?

And why do the Highlanders have "Skye Boat Song?" That is a Jacobite tune, and the British army would not have allowed it. There is no argument on this. Did the devs do their research (answer is no). It seems the only determining factor in what songs were included in the mod was "did it exist in or around that era?" and if the answer was "yes" then that was good enough. Sadly, it's not.

And what's the deal with the piano? It doesn't give buffs. Anyone who is wasting time on the piano doing the wedding tune instead of fighting the enemy is a total BRAVO-FOXTROT.

jros83 said:
And why do the Highlanders have "Skye Boat Song?" That is a Jacobite tune, and the British army would not have allowed it. There is no argument on this. Did the devs do their research (answer is no). It seems the only determining factor in what songs were included in the mod was "did it exist in or around that era?" and if the answer was "yes" then that was good enough. Sadly, it's not.

And what's the deal with the piano? It doesn't give buffs. Anyone who is wasting time on the piano doing the wedding tune instead of fighting the enemy is a total BRAVO-FOXTROT.

Perhaps you should just let people play the game any damn way they want? Musicians are a great feature, bonuses or not. If you can't stand a little fun and rp, and only want to focus on winning 100% of the time, you should play some other game.

uhhh...

it's a win/lose game dude.

and I am sick and tired of being in a server where half of the opposing team and half mine go musicians, make a god damned truce with each other!, then crowd inside a building doing nothing but delaying, and then cry and ***** when people finally come to kill them.

this musician thing is out of control.

I'm with Sierra here. Some just want to RP a bit and enjoy this additional facet of the game. And from what I've seen only very few overdo it and actually delay.

I have no problem at all with those who wish to RP the role of a musician. That's not the issue. It's the ignorant kids who feel entitled that by sheer virtue of the fact that they have an instrument that under no circumstance should they be attacked. And when they are, they can't stop spamming the chat with their moaning. I can not possibly be the only person who has experienced this...

you know that thing where you look down slightly, take your left thumb and index finger and massage the inside corners of your eyes while you sigh? I'm doing that right now.

i find it fun to rp as musician, also I can be a FAO whilst playing...if its a no buff server i can always steal a musket and go crazy on you. In fact I often steal dead dudes kit to join in the shooting or stabbing cos swords suk

Better when defending rather than attacking in siege

Back
Top Bottom