The Library - Feedback / Requests

Users who are viewing this thread

Got this game from Steam yesterday and I wasted most of the day until last night until 1am playing it. It's not only addictive but perhaps the best game that depicts the middle ages, particularly the confusion and seeming chaos of a battle.

The only thing I would like to see in terms of guides is a bit more on how to gain renown and gaining a fief, perhaps some write ups on what to expect from the various quests. The cows quests are a pain in the neck.

I dont't know where to write this... I want to start my own Kingdom and i'd like to know if i can get some lords for it. If yes, how?I conquered one castle and it automaticly created kingdom named "<Faction that castle belonged> Rebels" but i was alone in the Kingdom...no lords. I heard, that after i destroy the Kingdom, it's lords will join me...is it true?

In native you can't become king/khan and have your own lords.
If you capture a castle without being a vassal of a king/khan then you've become a masterless warlord and are completely on your own.
The only thing that resembles it is to support a claimant and persuade lords to follow your cause.
But it'll still be the claimant who's the leader, not you.

Many modifications have a kingdom management feature where you can create your own kingdom and recruit lords.
And in the upcoming expansion Warband, this has been implemented.

Hey guys i need a question answered.
I have bought the original v1.011 of Mount and Blade.
When Mount and Blade Warband comes out will i have to pay in order to play on it, if so somebody needs to start complaining... :roll:

What are the mechanics of troop promotion?  When troops are promoted is their XP changed?  IE if a tier one unit had enough XP could it upgrade through multiple tiers at once, or would its XP get reset to some value as soon as it's promoted?  Is the XP needed for a promotion based on the troop's current level, or somehow based on the level of what it'll be promoted to?  If it's the latter, how does it work when their are two promotion choices with different levels (e.g. Khergit Horse Archers vs. Khergit Lancers)?  Garrisoning troops seems to reset their XP, is this intentional?  Do AI-led troops gain XP like yours do, or are lords stuck with the troops they spawn with?  Or is their some other way they get promoted?

M&B is now a commercial enterprise, no more free updates

on upgrades: 1 at a time, excess xp is wasted. There is a set amount of xp needed to upgrade one unit to the next tier. The gaines xp is put in a troop pool, not granted to individual units when all individual units have been promoted the pool ceases to exist. Furthermore, the xp pool cant be bigger thant the total xp needed to upgrade all units (promoting a unit from a lower tier will not allow it to upgrade again. The unit needs x xp regardless of what it upgrades into (stupid question btw. With a big group of promotions you never see 47 to xxx or 52 to yyy)

WE (my kids and I ) love playing Mount and Blade and Warband and enjoy the many mods...
On Warband there is a list with the downloadable versions of Warband for compatibility issues with the mods...
Which is also very convenient for those of us that bought our copies on STEAM....

Once downloaded the new "old" versions are unlocked from demo mode by the STEAM license....which is really nice because you no longer need an active internet connection to log on to the "slow" STEAM interface to launch the game....
My question is...is there a download spot to get mount and blade like the Warband FTP Anonymous page?

Possibly with different versions of mount and blade for mod compatibility issues? And also to eliminate the STEAM login pain in the rear?

alrightt this may strike you as retarted or odd but im trying to make this breif, i bought this game version 1.011 three years ago, i was qouite young and didnt have a credit card so my mum helped me out, our last computer broke and as you know you are required to have a serial code to play, well i do not have it, i was wondering if their is a way to find a serial code or contact taleworlds thanks

If you bought the game online the serial code was sent via e-mail.
So you need to find the e-mail address it was sent to.
If you lost it, look at this thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,68485.0.html

If you still have trouble the right place to ask is in the tech support:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,6.0.html

Back
Top Bottom