The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means any mod using those resources without permission will most likely get banned everywhere. All modders get from their work (besides enjoying creating the content) is credit for their creations. You don't want to take that away from them.

I thought there was a faction list posted for the new version, I did a quick search in this topic until AW times, and I haven´t found it. I´m sorry if I didn´t look good enough.

What faction are going to be implemented in the the 1.011 version and which part of the map?

If you guys dont want to answer this question, then don´t, but it would be nice if you did.

DaBlade said:
It means any mod using those resources without permission will most likely get banned everywhere. All modders get from their work (besides enjoying creating the content) is credit for their creations. You don't want to take that away from them.

I do not want, but for what reason you should not give permission to someone to politely ask for it and wants to use in its multiplayer mode with a LOTR theme?
I just responded to Faradon's arrogant reply
(no offense, I respect him as I respect him as a genius modder as well as the rest of TLDs team )

Because they've worked hard to create all that content, and maybe they want some/all of it to remain exclusive to their mod? It's their right to deny it anyway.

pitrs said:
faradon said:
If there will be an mp version of the mod the TLD team will make it. Don´t expect that we give our permission to use our models to everyone who asks.

Yes you need not to give permission but that doesnt mean those models CANNOT be used :smile:

Err, yes, it does. There have been modders that were banned from the forums for stealing other people's work.

If we the team wants to make a TLD-mp-mod (which is likely imo), we will do it. Would be a bit stupid to give our modding work to other mods before releasing our own mp mod, huh?

Edit: Oh yeah, what Vader said

SgtTeeh said:
I thought there was a faction list posted for the new version, I did a quick search in this topic until AW times, and I haven´t found it. I´m sorry if I didn´t look good enough.

What faction are going to be implemented in the the 1.011 version and which part of the map?

If you guys dont want to answer this question, then don´t, but it would be nice if you did.

We started including the Northern War expansion and got carried away; that's one of the reasons it's taking longer than we expected at first. The new factions included will be Dale, Erebor (dwarves), Gundabad orcs and Nothmen. Not sure I'm not forgetting something :razz:

Just to clarify, I didn't say we wouldn't give permission to other mods to use some of our stuff. But, we don't want to see our resources used and published before we make our own release(s), as Faradon pointed out. Also, most of our work is exclusive to TLD and we might want to keep it that way. It's too soon to talk about it, anyway.

DaBlade said:
We started including the Northern War expansion and got carried away; that's one of the reasons it's taking longer than we expected at first. The new factions included will be Dale, Erebor (dwarves), Gundabad orcs and Nothmen. Not sure I'm not forgetting something :razz:

Isn't Northmen a collective term for all men besides the descendants of the Dunedain and the Evil men? Rohan and Dale are Northmen too right? What is the location of Northmen as a faction?

OK guys you got me :wink:

1 more qeustion: Do you think it might be possible future cooperation with the irc:// team and do a LOTR variation on the cRPG?
I mean TLD and cRPG are megalomania and incredible projects and a CRPG with diverse kinds of creatures (elves, humans, orcs) and other LOTR stuff would be a perfect :wink:

But I know I know, its too soon to say, but... Would you like to create something like that?  :wink:

Those Northmen I mentioned would be the Beornings and Woodsmen. I also forgot to mention the Easterlings from Rhun as one of the new factions. I didn't work on the Northern part and I'm not too familiar with the details :razz:

Pitrs, like I said it's too soon to talk about something like that. We have our hands full already at this time.

Damon said:
GetAssista said:
jorje19 said:
May I ask how the progress is going for this mod?
It's unstoppable
Does it mean development would never stop?=) Oh noes!
Why? Development should never stop for good mods out there :smile: And somewhere along the path of development there are initial closed beta release, initial open beta release, major patch release, and all the following releases

Edit: in fact, development picks up the pace after initial release for good mods, because the latter attracts new modders to come in and help. And we are counting on the effect too. But not until we make the backbone of the mod attractive enough :smile: So a bit more waiting on your part ensues

How many people are right now (I mean "now" like in the final stage of development) working on 1.011 TLD mod?
Just for info.  :wink:

(I ask because Faradon's and Melkir's work is apparently completed. What about you DaBlade and others)

Just wondering - do you guys plan to implement special sky-boxes for TLD in order to portray the clouds and fumes of Mount Doom Sauron created to cover his marching armies from the sun?

TwojWujek said:
Just wondering - do you guys plan to implement special sky-boxes for TLD in order to portray the clouds and fumes of Mount Doom Sauron created to cover his marching armies from the sun?
Yup. And more :smile:

pitrs said:
How many people are right now (I mean "now" like in the final stage of development) working on 1.011 TLD mod?
(I ask because Faradon's and Melkir's work is apparently completed. What about you DaBlade and others)
I'm not feeling a particular urge to answer your questions. I wonder why ... 
Oh, there it is! :lol:
pitrs said:
GetAssista said:
Because those that can't do anything useful, are the most vocal in asking for everything :smile: It's just a way of life
:grin: :grin: you are so PATHETIC!!  :lol:
When I can not do some meaningless textures does not mean that I'm generally useless. Your way of life is post ****.
You know nothing about me, so shut up, you udder  :mad:

pitrs said:

Well, you asked nicelly this time around, so here you go:

Our work is really never completed. Faradon and Merl are working on stuff that needs to be done right now. We're a big team for a mod, probably the largest team around, but I'd say only like half of us are actively working on it at this time. The rest of the guys are busy or distracted with their personal life or other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom