The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing that a .808 mod has more downloads and thread posts than any other mod currently existing. How's that for inspiration?

Kekk said:
Amazing that a .808 mod has more downloads and thread posts than any other mod currently existing. How's that for inspiration?

That's something that really warms our hearts :smile:

We're getting closer to a beta. Which means... something that will actually play like TLD is supposed to. There's still a lot of work to do though. Things never go as fast as we'd like them to.

COGlory said:
I assume beta will be closed?

We'll see about that when the time comes. We might consider a beta release although that wasn't the initial plan. It's not decided yet though.

VERY glad to see work is still ongoing on this mod. Played .808 version, loved it, but it's too outdated for me, in the best way I can possibly say that. After playing new versions of M&B, I just couldn't appreciate just how outstanding this mod is. Since I haven't made my rounds on the Modding section I thought I'd pop in to check on progress, and I'm ecstatic to hear that a beta is in the foreseeable future, playable or otherwise. Keep up the good work!

DaBlade said:
COGlory said:

We'll see about that when the time comes. We might consider a beta release although that wasn't the initial plan. It's not decided yet though.

That means one or two years waiting for beta. Not so bad  :cool:

pitrs said:
DaBlade said:
COGlory said:

That means one or two years waiting for beta. Not so bad  :cool:

It actually means a year and a half (so far) rebuilding the mod from scratch. There's enough new content already to build like a dozen minor mods, so I guess that's not bad at all :smile:

The sad part is that allmost nobody started creating a decent LOTR mod becase ppl think "Hey, why should I. TLD is gonna be released soon so all my work will be forgotten at that moment for sure".
But anyway's I'm sure it's worth the waiting.

DaBlade
The main reason why TLD is so well-known and desired is awesomeness of released version (for .80:cool: and ppl who just can't imagine how forthcoming version could be even more awesome. And devs don't wanna dissapoint them=) If it takes more time to do it (version which will be more awesome and wouldn't dissapoint neither devs nor fans) then... not many options there, eh? :wink:

trueten said:
The sad part is that allmost nobody started creating a decent LOTR mod
There are lots of starters. Do we need to blame ourselves that none of them turned out "decent"? Or is it because it's simply a hu-u-ge undertaking to make a compelling LotR mod, because all the players know the world so well it's not possible to cut out empty places in a mod and say it's vanilla stuff there :smile:

That's right, a lot of starters. But none of them were decent modders. Serious modders didn't start creating serious LOTR mod because they know that moar serious LOTR mod will be released.

No blaming, just pointed out the "sad part" :grin:

Many serious modders have a problem with the necessity of being in charge and deciding everything themselves :smile: Instead of starting a mod, they could've joined the already running project. You can do a serious project alone, but that requires multiple skills and hell of a lot dedication, especially when you are through RL-dominant periods of your life

For me it is TLD only an intermediate step for TLD warband port. I know it sounds strange but I waiting for items, weapons and other stuff from LOTR franchise to come in the TLD and then appear in some multiplayer LOTR mod for warband. Single is fine but multiplayer is a thousand times better. Especially brilliant Co-op mod Invasion from Arch3r or amazing CRPG from semi-profesional team irc: // each with LOTR variation would be perfect :wink:
Can't wait, really  :wink:

If there will be an mp version of the mod the TLD team will make it. Don´t expect that we give our permission to use our models to everyone who asks.

The download link for this mod v 2.4 doesnt work for me. It only downloads like 13 mb, instead of 117, and gives a NSIS error when I try to run the setup. The error says the installer is incomplete or corrupted.

SgtTeeh said:
The download link for this mod v 2.4 doesnt work for me. It only downloads like 13 mb, instead of 117, and gives a NSIS error when I try to run the setup. The error says the installer is incomplete or corrupted.

Try to download again, something went wrong with the download for sure. In case you tried already and the problem persists, you probably should contact Janus here at Taleworlds; he runs the repository.

I don't know why it didnt work before, but I tried a few more times and now it suddenly does work. Time to earn my Westernesse sword and bash some orcs.

faradon said:
If there will be an mp version of the mod the TLD team will make it. Don´t expect that we give our permission to use our models to everyone who asks.

Yes you need not to give permission but that doesnt mean those models CANNOT be used :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom