the importance of mariage

Users who are viewing this thread

Nawari

Veteran
Hello,
I hope that I do not duplicate but I have not found answers to my questions elsewhere and therefore entries.

My question is simple: What does marriage bring?

- does it bring more to the level of alliances?

- Does that have an effect, even very little sensitive?

- is there an economic benefit to having a "good marriage"?

- In short, what are all the effects of a marriage in interclan relations?

- What mechanisms are triggered in the game by marriage?

- Does this bring any benefit to the relations with the former clan of the bride?

- In short, what is marriage for?

- Is there a page on the internet that describes all the effects of marriage.

Thank you for your answers, may they be well informed, please ... I don't want "hunches" but verified information, "I believe" or "I felt like", but information checked on in-game marriage mechanics and effects.

thank you so much

1. My question is simple: What does marriage bring?
2. does it bring more to the level of alliances?
3. Does that have an effect, even very little sensitive?
4. is there an economic benefit to having a "good marriage"?
5. In short, what are all the effects of a marriage in interclan relations?
6. What mechanisms are triggered in the game by marriage?
7. Does this bring any benefit to the relations with the former clan of the bride?
8. In short, what is marriage for?
9. Is there a page on the internet that describes all the effects of marriage.

Thank you for your answers, may they be well informed, please ... I don't want "hunches" but verified information, "I believe" or "I felt like", but information checked on in-game marriage mechanics and effects.

thank you so much

1. An additional party leader or governor.
2. No.
3. I'm not sure what you're asking here.
4. No.
5. Nothing.
6. Nothing.
7. No.
8. Children.
9. None that I'm aware of. The Mount and Blade Wiki currently has no page for Bannerlord marriage.

Marriage is currently another barebone feature that is in no way connected to the overall world and interactions but only implemented on its own.

It only brings another clan member to be used as governor, party leader, fighter, trader.

Also, free equipment.

it also bost somewhat your realtionship with the wife's clan leader if I remeber correctly.

IMHO marriage with a noble woman should mean joining her faction and a great relatiship bonus with her clan member and the faction leader. You also should be able to marry with other NPC like wanderers if you wan to keep independent.

it also bost somewhat your realtionship with the wife's clan leader if I remeber correctly.

IMHO marriage with a noble woman should mean joining her faction and a great relatiship bonus with her clan member and the faction leader. You also should be able to marry with other NPC like wanderers if you wan to keep independent.
It's a boost because you have to give a dowry to the clan leader.

I don't quite understand why sometimes some faction leaders (Monchug) give us 3 castles that I did not ask for when financially I cannot manage them ... Especially that he provides me in the castles full of troops that cost me too much. it does not make sense.

Don't know if this is mentioned re: marriage, but when I marry Phaea--my current fave Imperial gal--my rep with her faction jumps to like 100%. Which makes recruiting her Clan easily & cheaply during the next war with the Western Empire a slam dunk.

As in real life realpolitik, selecting a mate because of who their family are is muy importante. In other words, finding a mate whose clan owns a lot of real estate, and has numerous members capable of leading armies is a very good idea. But there's also a correlation between how much real estate the clan owns and how high their price is to join you. Phaea is a good choice because the Dionicos hold only Lageta, lvl3 fortification + high(ish) prosperity--meaning it's hard for either AI or player to take--and also start with one lvl1 castle.

As in Warband, I never consider playing as a vassal--going straight for Kingdom status. But if going the vassal route is your thing, it might be more useful marrying into a faction's ruling clan; e.g. Ara.

Later in development, raising of kids to continue your legacy will be important; but is currently not implemented.

does it bring more to the level of alliances?
You get about 30 or 40 + relation with the Clan your spouse comes from. This may have a minor factor in the price/success of recruiting them as vassals later but it's not a great benefit. IMO your power level and the Clan lack of fiefs/money is the most significant role in how easy/cheap they join.

Does that have an effect, even very little sensitive?
Don't know what this is asking.

is there an economic benefit to having a "good marriage"?
The only economic consideration is that when placing your spouse as governor you benefit from and -garrison cost perks they probably have.

In short, what are all the effects of a marriage in interclan relations?
Nothing but that Clan -1 member, yours +1 and a medium relation gained, as mentioned above.

Does this bring any benefit to the relations with the former clan of the bride?
see above

What mechanisms are triggered in the game by marriage?
You can make a pregnancy when you stay with spouse in a town/castle.

In short, what is marriage for?
You can take their gear, this is the only way to get many high tier items, they will not be in stores or loot ever.
You can produce babie(s), in more updated versions of the game, babie will be able to grow up and become the new player character in an extra long game, or useful clan member(s).
You get a clan member with high stats/perks that can be a useful governor and/or formation captain.
Further more, because of the beautiful death feature, you can tragically lose your spouse over and over, collecting an arsenal of rare gear.
If you are female you can also create an arsenal of heirs with different cultural perks via different husbands who all have hunting accident after the pregnancy. Although TW doesn't seem to be making the game difficult or in depth enough to warrant changing cultural perks, I just wouldn't feel prepared without an heir of each heritage in my collection.

If you are female you can also create an arsenal of heirs with different cultural perks via different husbands who all have hunting accident after the pregnancy. Although TW doesn't seem to be making the game difficult or in depth enough to warrant changing cultural perks, I just wouldn't feel prepared without an heir of each heritage in my collection.

It is actually somewhat difficult to get six different culture perk heirs as a female character. Five of them, those not of your culture, need to be sons to receive the husband's culture. That implies having at least six kids. Probably more like nine or ten and not impossibly fifteen plus children if you're even somewhat unlucky. Assuming you're able to produce that many at all.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but if it does, the player is going well out of their way to make it happen.

edit: Actualy, upon review, it seems the child's gender is determined at birth rather than at conception or at some mid-way point, so save-scumming is a completely viable as a method.

Last edited:
You get about 30 or 40 + relation with the Clan your spouse comes from. This may have a minor factor in the price/success of recruiting them as vassals later but it's not a great benefit. IMO your power level and the Clan lack of fiefs/money is the most significant role in how easy/cheap they join.

Don't know what this is asking.

The only economic consideration is that when placing your spouse as governor you benefit from and -garrison cost perks they probably have.

Nothing but that Clan -1 member, yours +1 and a medium relation gained, as mentioned above.

see above

You can make a pregnancy when you stay with spouse in a town/castle.

You can take their gear, this is the only way to get many high tier items, they will not be in stores or loot ever.
You can produce babie(s), in more updated versions of the game, babie will be able to grow up and become the new player character in an extra long game, or useful clan member(s).
You get a clan member with high stats/perks that can be a useful governor and/or formation captain.
Further more, because of the beautiful death feature, you can tragically lose your spouse over and over, collecting an arsenal of rare gear.
Thank you very much for tall these informations and to share your experience.

It is actually somewhat difficult to get six different culture perk heirs as a female character. Five of them, those not of your culture, need to be sons to receive the husband's culture. That implies having at least six kids. Probably more like nine or ten and not impossibly fifteen plus children if you're even somewhat unlucky. Assuming you're able to produce that many at all.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but if it does, the player is going well out of their way to make it happen.

edit: Actualy, upon review, it seems the child's gender is determined at birth rather than at conception or at some mid-way point, so save-scumming is a completely viable as a method.
Oh I wondered about that, if the sex determined the heritage perk absorbed, I think probably having 1 khuzait heir and 1 emperial would be good, as the +building speed could be good in later games. 1 Battian wouldn't be too much to ask for to.

Well, let's hope that this is improved at a later date. Marriages in the Middle Ages were highly political and economic in nature. She'd have a dowry which would include land, money etc. Marriages were also used to cement alliances. Of course, the prospective wife's family would have expectations of climbing the social ladder through their connections to you and you will have obligations- expect to have your in-laws coming around and asking for favors of all kinds. Double-edged sword, that. Done right, this would be a brilliant addition to the game system.

What version are you playing? In my current 1.5.4main campaign, marrying Phaea netted me much more than that--it jumped to 100%--from next to nothing.
In 1.5.5 I have got 27 relation with one husbands clan and 28 relation with the other. This is in line with my memory of past games, though I believe higher charm skill would increase it a little. It's possible 1.5.4 stable or a hotfix has changed it too.

Back
Top Bottom