The horizontal scroll bar

Users who are viewing this thread

Raz

Count
From the day it was added to the forums, the in-post horizontal scroll bar has been a rather annoying feature to me. Especially when multiple pictures are posted in a single post, you need to scroll all the way down to the end of the post to be able to move the horizontal scroll bar to the right, since horizontal 'free scrolling' by using the middle mouse button doesn't work in a post.

So my question is, would it be possible to enable horizontal in-post scrolling by using the middle mouse button, or fix this by some other method? Your opinions?

Cheers

Automatic resizing could look horrible. I actually prefer the old method of resizing the whole thread (both vertically and horizontally) according to the size of picture.

M@ster-$ said:
I would like automatic resizing.
A big fat no! to that.
Didn't you just learn a lesson about this? :wink:

As to Raz's idea on free scrolling via mmb - I approve. If it is doable that is.

Raz said:
From the day it was added to the forums
It's had that feature ever since we switched to SMF, and I don't think the specific functionality hasn't changed.

Raz said:
So my question is, would it be possible to enable horizontal in-post scrolling by using the middle mouse button, or fix this by some other method? Your opinions?
As I understand it, it's basically down to the browser as to whether it would allow horizontal scrolling via middle mouse button or not in any given area which has a scrollbar. I agree, that would be a good feature though.

Well, Firefox doesn't allow that.

By the way, there is an addon called image zoom that allows you to click and scroll to resize images. That's what I use when they're too big.

Ah, I used to be an Internet Explorer 6 (which doesn't have horizontal scrolling) user, but switched to Firefox 3 (which doesn't have it either) instead of IE7 (which has it), so I thought none of them had.

Janus said:
It's had that feature ever since we switched to SMF, and I don't think the specific functionality hasn't changed.
I meant this, yes.

James said:
By the way, there is an addon called image zoom that allows you to click and scroll to resize images. That's what I use when they're too big.
Well that's pretty nifty. :smile:

It didn't fix anything for me. Apparently, mine defaulted to scroll horizontally, but it still doesn't work on this board.

Mine doesn't do that.

I could install the software, but when I do, I can't do the MMB click and drag down to zoom down the page thing.

James said:
Mine doesn't do that.

I could install the software, but when I do, I can't do the MMB click and drag down to zoom down the page thing.
If you have a Logitech mouse, you should be able to set that however you please. Otherwise, well, I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom