The Horde Lands v1.22 released!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Duttonbutton said:
I don't think the AI Lords are capable of moving from moving on land to using boats on the sea, thats why I suggested the invasion idea.

Maybe there could be a small, thin piece of land to connect the island with the mainland? Even though the invasion force has been done before it is different with every mod so it could still work.

Duttonbutton said:
I don't think the AI Lords are capable of moving from moving on land to using boats on the sea, thats why I suggested the invasion idea.

Actually AI lords and any other parties are quite capable of a move from land to sea and back.  Take a look at the Revenge of the Berserk mod, they did it very well in that.  I hope that more mods will incorporate this in as well, it's a very smooth transition.

So a suggestion for your 2.0. I played custom settlement quite a bit but what got me was the fact that you can never do seige battles..If there is any way you could make it so your cool looking castles are actually worth something, that would be wonderful.

Keep in mind that Custom Settlements is still in development. I don't know what Wickedshot has planned for future versions of Custom Settlements. I do know that Native-style sieges are not possible in Custom Settlements since each settlement is laid out differently and some don't even have proper AI meshes. I've still got a lot of work to do to finish converting the Horde Lands to custom settlements. Once I've got all of the ground-work done, I will consider working on creating separate mission templates for sieges on each of the 9 types of settlements. Not every settlement has massive walls surrounding it. Some are better protected than others so it stands to reason that sieges will have to be thought out differently for certain settlements. I'm thinking I might play a game in cheat mode and make each settlement a castle town and then raid each one to find out where the attackers and defenders start and where they end up. In native, it was pretty routine.... Charge the walls, climb the ladders, fight the defenders at the top of the stairs, force your way in. But in Custom Settlements, the point(s) of conflict (where most of the fighting ends up being) will be different in each settlement. It won't be an easy solution, but I'm sure with a lot of testing and rearranging of entry points, I can maximize the defensive positions of each settlement and make the sieges more challenging.

It would be nice. I got a nice three tiered castle town, and my guys stand outside the front gate...Really it has the best kingdom management and zone developement that I've seen. The only thing missing from CS is Dark Elves and sieges. =)

Duttonbutton said:
Honestly, I'm impressed! I've never seen that in a mod. I'm definatly gunna check that out and see how it works.

Oh yes, Revenge of the Berserk has made many great wonders.

hey do you have a link to the direct installer for the game i can only find update files and not the installer thx :grin:

Because of my crappy internet connection, I cannot upload the full mod in a single file. All of the download links for the mod (and instructions on installing them) can be found here: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Road_To_Nowhere/topic/2369335/1/

Alternatively, you can download it in single-file form here: http://www.filefront.com/14396399/The-Horde-Lands-v1.22.rar/
The single-file download was not created by me though, just so you know. Just extract it to the M&B Modules folder and you should be good to go.

Regardless of which way you download/install it, you will also need to download the following patch to fix a rather annoying bug where lords will get stuck on mountains and other places trying to siege a pirate town located off of the mainland. The download for the patch is here: http://www.filefront.com/14603369/unofficialpatch.rar

thx keendo... lol just my luck as soon as i finish downloading the horde lands i get banned from my pc :sad: and i had to spend an hour rubbing my mums feet and back but it was worth it its an awesome game :grin:

arghhhh im having trouble with lading a .brf file it keeps coming up saying

" ERROR: Unable to open file: Modules\The Horde Lands v1.22\Resource\mod_horses.brf"

if you have any ideas on how to fix it plz help

Are there still bearded samurai Dark Elves on giant tigers in the latest version? The previous one was generally awesome, however this phenomenon forced me to delete the mod.

Well that's not a helpful comment at all, in what way can you not get it to work? Don't know where to put it, start-up errors, unzipping errors, what?

This is a great game by the way if you want to implement marrying in this mod you can ask the people of wedding dance to send you their scripts cuz in that mod you can marry. And if in this mod u could marry it would be awsome, but I would add quests not only flirting, imagine ur human lover was captured by an orde of orcs and u have to resque her/him, or ur orc lover is going to be burn alive by some humans. Anyway the mod is one of the bests keep on the hard work.

** back from the void **

I used to play and enjoy this mod quite a lot, before the pirates were discussed.

So they have been implemented on the latest version? Any screens on the pirate faction? How they were implemented (as a joinable faction, as outlaws, etc.)?

Yeah that would be cool, perhaps the mod designer prefers the external forum for the mod!?

Back
Top Bottom