The Horde Lands v1.22 released!!

Users who are viewing this thread

That was the only good screenshot I could get of archers in that battle. :wink: There are similar troop types between the zombies and skeletons. While I haven't got them all fully balanced yet, basically skeletons are faster and more agile (agility and athletics) while zombies are stronger and tougher (strength and ironflesh). Ghosts will be somewhere in between. There will be other differences, but yeah, the skeleton troops will rely on ranged attacks more than zombie troops. If you wanted to put some logic into it, zombies make for better infantry since they are harder to take down. "Realistically" one good swing with a morningstar could shatter an unarmored skeleton into little pieces so it's best if they stay at a distance and fire arrows unless you have a huge swarm of them.  :mrgreen:

Keedo420,

There seems to be a rigged problem with those red archer uniforms. Is that the case or does it just look that way? If it is the case, PM me. I can probably fix it for you.

Niek

Wow this is looking like a really nice mod coming along here. the story is great and the screenshots look incredible.

If you need any help let me know I'm OK with textures and that stuff tho it looks like you have it handled.

Oh, by the way do you have an idea on release date yet i know its early, but still i want to get in this game haha.

ViruS` said:
wow  :shock: keep up the awesome work dude, looks real good  :grin:

Thank you!  :oops:

Njiekovic said:
Keedo420,

There seems to be a rigged problem with those red archer uniforms. Is that the case or does it just look that way? If it is the case, PM me. I can probably fix it for you.

Niek

I have not noticed any problems with the red armor. What exactly are you referring to? I took those armors out of the OSP armor pack.

Rothen said:
Wow this is looking like a really nice mod coming along here. the story is great and the screenshots look incredible.

If you need any help let me know I'm OK with textures and that stuff tho it looks like you have it handled.

Oh, by the way do you have an idea on release date yet i know its early, but still i want to get in this game haha.

Thank you.  :mrgreen: So far, I haven't made any of the textures or meshes. They're all from the OSP packs except for a couple from Nema's Guardian's Party, and the skeletons and skeletal horses are made by Cartread. Eventually, I'll write up a full list of credits. Once I get closer to a beta version, I might start to play around with making my own textures and whatnot, but I may also recruit some people to help me design more unique weapons, armor, and other stuff.

Also, I don't have an exact release date yet. I will be posting an alpha version later today (in as little as two hours possibly, but no guarantees) for anyone who wants to help bug-test or just get a sneak preview, but there is still a LOT of work to be done. Right now, it is basically just a modified native.

Keedo420 said:
Njiekovic said:
Keedo420,

Niek

I have not noticed any problems with the red armor. What exactly are you referring to? I took those armors out of the OSP armor pack.

Look at the screenie I've included. It looks like there's a problem with the circles areas. May just be a texture thing though. You seem to have low texture quality settings.

mb1bq3.gif

Yeah, I've got graphics settings at their lowest. Next time I decide to take screenshots I'll try to remember to up the graphics settings for better quality screenshots. I think that might just be the way the armor looks though. If you have the OSP armor pack, open up mod_armors.brf and check out leather_studded2 and you'll see what I mean if you rotate the armor and look at the waist area.

Oh, and I am quite aware that they are ALL wearing Hide Boots.  :lol: I'm going to change that eventually.

OK, the alpha version is ready for download!  :mrgreen: The link is in the first post...as well as right here: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=1005. This is not an official release. It is intended mainly for people who would like to help bug-test, and also to give people a sneak preview. If you download it, EXPECT bugs. Be aware that it is a large download, due mainly to the many currently unused textures in the texture folder. Many of these will be removed as I get closer to a beta version and know which ones I need and which ones I don't. Eventually I will tidy up the textures/resources and import everything I will be using into customized .brfs.

Keedo420 said:
Thank you.  :mrgreen: So far, I haven't made any of the textures or meshes. They're all from the OSP packs except for a couple from Nema's Guardian's Party, and the skeletons and skeletal horses are made by Cartread. Eventually, I'll write up a full list of credits. Once I get closer to a beta version, I might start to play around with making my own textures and whatnot, but I may also recruit some people to help me design more unique weapons, armor, and other stuff.

Also, I don't have an exact release date yet. I will be posting an alpha version later today (in as little as two hours possibly, but no guarantees) for anyone who wants to help bug-test or just get a sneak preview, but there is still a LOT of work to be done. Right now, it is basically just a modified native.

Ok let me know if you need anything just let me know. I'm going to go try out this mod if its what you say it is its going to be kick ass.

Rothen said:
Ok let me know if you need anything just let me know. I'm going to go try out this mod if its what you say it is its going to be kick ass.

Well, I think it's too early to say it kicks ass, but that is what I am hoping to make it become.  :razz: Like I said, there is still a LOT of work to be done before it will be what I intended it to be. Also, there are not yet any kingdom management options beyond what native allows. I want to wait until I get all of the kingdoms fleshed out and balanced before I get into working on player kingdoms.

And if I do get to the point where I need someone to make some textures, I will keep you in mind. :wink:

A new alpha version of the mod is available for download. This version increases the variety of town/village walkers to include elf, dark elf, orc, and goblin peasants. It also changes the guild masters, tournament masters, tavern keepers, and merchants to the race that controls whatever town they are in at the start of the game. Ransom brokers and travellers also now include a variety of races. Oh, and it also fixes my oversight of not giving the Elf and Orc troops the proper skin. You can find the link to download in the first post.

I just wanted to mention that I had previously stated that there was no way to recruit undead, but I was wrong.  :oops: You can actually recuit Skeletal Fighters at the villages Kingdom Of Morte controls, just like any other recruits. Eventually I will change this so that you recruit Skeletons instead of Skeletal Fighters, since Skeletons can upgrade to Zombies if you prefer those over skeletal troops.

Keedo420 said:
Skeletons can upgrade to Zombies if you prefer those over skeletal troops.

That's kind of weird physically. Why not have some villages give out skeletons and others zombies?

I like where this is going! You're doing a mighty fine job. And then I'm not even considering that you're a lone ranger. Chapeau!

Njiekovic said:
Keedo420 said:
Skeletons can upgrade to Zombies if you prefer those over skeletal troops.

That's kind of weird physically. Why not have some villages give out skeletons and others zombies?

I like where this is going! You're doing a mighty fine job. And then I'm not even considering that you're a lone ranger. Chapeau!

Well think of it this way...since skeletons are created magically, they could use the flesh of their fallen enemies to fortify themselves. Magic is like duct tape. It's the all purpose fix to make something work that shouldn't work. :cool:

Also, I don't know the code to make different villages give out different recruits.  :razz: But I will look into it. I'm still trying to figure out the code to make my undead town have skeleton and zombie town walkers instead of the normal ones, but not have the undead walkers show up in other towns.

Moronic said:
This mod looks sssssiiiiicccckkkk. Downloading now.

Thanks. :mrgreen: But remember, it's still an alpha version so expect it to be buggy.

I have just uploaded a new version of the alpha. This version adds Highlander's Kingdom Management script, Fisheye's Autoloot script, and Geoffrey Ashe's Patrols script.  :mrgreen:  I have not fully tested them yet, but they should be working fine.

Back
Top Bottom