The Horde Lands v1.22 released!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, I have been playing this mod for a little while now, and I have some thoughts.

where are the bandit parties?  at the beginning of the game there were lots of bandits (who are waaaaaay stronger than in native) but now I can't seem to find any, and I can't take on the war parties because i'm not that strong yet, so I am kind of in a standstill.

The textures look cool but they seem to have something wrong with them (clipping?) because parts of them turn black at times.

The lancer knights are awesomely hard to kill, and i think this is the way knights should be!  Good job on that.

I really like the variety of troops available, and also like that it easier to recruit troops that are higher level than "recruit".

It would be cool if there were more of the new weapons available in normal shops, it is a pain to always have to find the black market dealer just to be able to get a weapon that isn't from native.  I think the idea of the black market dealer is cool, like for buying special horses or top tier armor and weapons, but it would be cool if some of the other items showed up in the normal markets at times.  I don't know if that is something that can be implemented or not.  if it can't be, then leave the black market dealer, because it would be silly if every town had the same things for sale, it's kind of cool to be able to only buy orc stuff in orc towns, and not in elven towns.

Over all, I was getting bored playing native, so I started playing The Horde Lands, and now I'm hooked!  Keep up the good work

wanderlust13 said:
where are the bandit parties?  at the beginning of the game there were lots of bandits (who are waaaaaay stronger than in native) but now I can't seem to find any, and I can't take on the war parties because i'm not that strong yet, so I am kind of in a standstill.
I am not sure about that. In my playtesting, I don't often go beyond a week in game time since I usually start a new game everytime I make a change. It is possible that since there are more kingdoms and thus more roaming lord parties, that the bandits are getting wiped out by lords before you can encounter them. I could add more bandit spawn points, but that might have the added side effect of making the beginning of a new game even harder. I can tell you this much...Steppe Bandits spawn in the areas between the Empire Of The Sands and the Kingdom Of Orcs; Sea Raiders have two spawn points - one near the border of the Kingdom Of Morte and Kingdom Of Levar, and the other near the border of Kingdom Of Levar and Megumi Dynasty; Forest Bandits spawn in Elven Alliance territory; and Mountain Bandits spawn in the snowy mountains near the border of Megumi Dynasty and Kingdom Of Goblins.

wanderlust13 said:
The textures look cool but they seem to have something wrong with them (clipping?) because parts of them turn black at times.
Not sure about that. What textures are you referring to and at what times do they seem to turn black?

wanderlust13 said:
The lancer knights are awesomely hard to kill, and i think this is the way knights should be!  Good job on that.

I really like the variety of troops available, and also like that it easier to recruit troops that are higher level than "recruit".
One of these days I'm going to get around to making it possible to recruit upper tier troops from castles if you are a vassal of that faction, or if it is a castle of your own kingdom (the cost of hiring them could be considered not a recruitment fee, but the cost of equipping and training them).

wanderlust13 said:
It would be cool if there were more of the new weapons available in normal shops, it is a pain to always have to find the black market dealer just to be able to get a weapon that isn't from native.  I think the idea of the black market dealer is cool, like for buying special horses or top tier armor and weapons, but it would be cool if some of the other items showed up in the normal markets at times.  I don't know if that is something that can be implemented or not.  if it can't be, then leave the black market dealer, because it would be silly if every town had the same things for sale, it's kind of cool to be able to only buy orc stuff in orc towns, and not in elven towns.
The reason I made it harder to to get kingdom-specific equipment, is that if you think about it, when an army creates a new weapon they generally do not want it available publicly or anywhere a potential enemy could get ahold of it. I am considering though making it possible to buy kingdom-specific equipment from castles in the same way I mentioned hiring upper tier troops.

After tests and attempts, I have bad news.  And some good news.

The bad: my dying drive is basically dead.  The computers refuse to boot with it.  I'll have to let those mods go, but I suppose - it's a small price to pay for the good news.

The good: My ****ing Windows installs weren't dead.  While fiddling with the jumper settings trying to get the old drive to boot, I nearly had a heart attack (The same feeling I get every time the computer fails to boot) - it had booted into the last install of Windows I had just left behind.

The fact of the matter is - Windows had never died, it seems.  The computer had, quite simply, decided to forget which HDD was the master, my IDE or my SATA.

Armed with this information, I am, hopefully, ready for the next time this happens.  It's too late to save that old one, having gotten this one 98% up to snuff, but I'm ready.

For anyone who experiences anything like this, here's what I did:
Set the current Windows HDD to Cable Select (via the jumpers).
Unplug the other HDDs.
Restart.
Wait to get it booting.
Turn off the computer (Risky, I know, but I have multiple Windows installs so it brings me to a "Pick your boot" list)
Plug the HDDs back in.
Hopefully, it should stick with the one that you kept plugged in.

Now that this is mostly behind me, it's sad that I'll lose all those mods.  But, know what?  **** it.  I can rebuild.  I have the technology.  I can make them better.  Stronger.  Faster.  Possibly also longer and harder.

I'll be getting back to playing Horde Lands and M&B shortly (I've downloaded it, but haven't installed 1.19 yet, heheh).

Celebrate this turn of events with a new release sometime in the next week or two, Keedo  :lol:

Gohda said:
Now that this is mostly behind me, it's sad that I'll lose all those mods.  But, know what?  **** it.  I can rebuild.  I have the technology.  I can make them better.  Stronger.  Faster.  Possibly also longer and harder.

I'll be getting back to playing Horde Lands and M&B shortly (I've downloaded it, but haven't installed 1.19 yet, heheh).

Celebrate this turn of events with a new release sometime in the next week or two, Keedo  :lol:

Million Dollar Man reference FTW!!  :lol: Anyway, that's a bummer. Good luck with all that. I'll try to make sure I have a new version ready for you soon.

Heheh, there ya go, buddy  :lol:

I'm at least glad that one of the things I was more proud of, a couple .cfg gamemodes and some sounds for L4D all went to a buddy who wanted them, so I should be able to get those back.  My sprays I can remake.  I'll just have to bear the loss of my TF2 skins and sounds.  Good thing I haven't mapped since HL1, though, or I'd be losing some of those, too.

Gohda said:

I'm at least glad that one of the things I was more proud of, a couple .cfg gamemodes and some sounds for L4D all went to a buddy who wanted them, so I should be able to get those back.  My sprays I can remake.  I'll just have to bear the loss of my TF2 skins and sounds.  Good thing I haven't mapped since HL1, though, or I'd be losing some of those, too.

OK, L4D I figured was Left 4 Dead, but TF2 and HL1? I'm not sure what those are. :sad:

Keedo420 said:
Gohda said:

OK, L4D I figured was Left 4 Dead, but TF2 and HL1? I'm not sure what those are. :sad:

You must be a youngster then, TF2 would be Team Fortress 2, and HL1?!?!?!  A little game called Half-Life 1?  No?  I mean, it is only one of the most popular PC games of all times, the original "moddable" game.

If 34 is young, then yes.
e267224.gif
I should've picked up on Half-Life, but to be honest I've never played it or Team Fortress 2. I was never good at FPS games except as a sniper and being a sniper was never much fun in multiplayer games.

Ah, no offence intended, but i figured since you knew what L4D (a fairly new game) was, and not the other ones, that you might not be that old lol

My memory is unpredictable, but recent stuff is more likely to be recalled than old stuff.....usually. Sometimes I can remember perfectly things that happened when I was a little kid and never think about anymore but can't remember the name of someone I work with everyday. :shock: And for whatever reason, I am far less likely to remember something if someone asks me about it than if I am trying to remember something on my own.

Also...I can remember Left 4 Dead because it's got zombies!!! :twisted:

If they ever enable dismemberment/beheading I'm going to make a zombie mod.  I would give the zombies "armor" that has such a high value that only head shots can kill them, make them really slow, but have really high attack value.  Oh yeah and they would be medieval zombies so they would have weapons  :shock:

OK!!! Version 1.20 is now available for download from here: http://files.filefront.com/HordeLandsAlpha120rar/;13468871;/fileinfo.html

Here is a list of changes/additions in this version:
  • The Salt Mine: You can now work in the salt mine to earn a small amount of gold each day with the possibility of earning bonus gold for discovering new sources of salt, iron, etc. However there is also the possibility you and/or your troops can be injured (your troops may be killed).
  • Garnier's Recruitment: You can now recruit mid to upper tier troops from towns/castles if you belong to the controlling faction. Or if you are leader of your own kingdom, you can recruit from towns/castles you own. The available troops will be based on the culture you choose for your kingdom.
  • Trade routes of all towns have been updated. All kingdoms should now be generating merchant caravans properly.
  • Village farmer parties now spawn with farmers/peasants appropriate for the faction of the village they spawned from.
  • Some towns now have banks, allowing players to store or borrow money. Once I have confirmed that they are working properly, I will make sure that each kingdom has 1 town with a bank.
  • Players can now get bounty hunting quests from tavernkeepers and can have up to 6 at a time.
  • The value of prisoners when sold to ransom brokers is now based on their level.

There may be some other small changes or bug fixes I am forgetting.

THE day, and I mean THE DAY after I decide to stop being lazy and install Horde Lands 1.19 along with a few other mod updates, and 1.20 comes out.

:lol:

Aye. Don't worry, one of its features is a salt mine which, clearly, you will detest.

:wink:

Well I did tell you I was going to try and have a new version ready by the time you were ready to start playing again. :razz:

Keedo420 said:
OK!!! Version 1.20 is now available for download from here: http://files.filefront.com/HordeLandsAlpha120rar/;13468871;/fileinfo.html

Here is a list of changes/additions in this version:
  • The Salt Mine: You can now work in the salt mine to earn a small amount of gold each day with the possibility of earning bonus gold for discovering new sources of salt, iron, etc. However there is also the possibility you and/or your troops can be injured (your troops may be killed).
  • Garnier's Recruitment: You can now recruit mid to upper tier troops from towns/castles if you belong to the controlling faction. Or if you are leader of your own kingdom, you can recruit from towns/castles you own. The available troops will be based on the culture you choose for your kingdom.
  • Trade routes of all towns have been updated. All kingdoms should now be generating merchant caravans properly.
  • Village farmer parties now spawn with farmers/peasants appropriate for the faction of the village they spawned from.
  • Some towns now have banks, allowing players to store or borrow money. Once I have confirmed that they are working properly, I will make sure that each kingdom has 1 town with a bank.
  • Players can now get bounty hunting quests from tavernkeepers and can have up to 6 at a time.
  • The value of prisoners when sold to ransom brokers is now based on their level.

There may be some other small changes or bug fixes I am forgetting.

WOW..this mod rock ever and ever and ever..nice work keedo..

In thise version do you have changed some model?

fabdis said:
WOW..this mod rock ever and ever and ever..nice work keedo..

In thise version do you have changed some model?

Thank you. :mrgreen: I am not sure what you mean by model, but if you are referring to new meshes/items, then no. This version is mostly gameplay changes designed to give players additional options for earning money.

Back
Top Bottom