The Gulag: Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

A lot of the village battle maps are horrendous, i.e. if I raid a village and an army attacks me, we spawn on the side of a buggy hill, both armies in the same place, starting right away in a melee.

ScreamingCommie said:
lordxvile said:
ScreamingCommie said:
lordxvile said:
Btw, I am still getting that bug where the game is stuck at the overthrowing government screen. Please some help? I would like to play mod more but am getting put off by this hugely. :evil:

Try unchecking load textures on demand or checking it if it's unchecked. If that fails try running it in Dx7 mode. If that still fails try decreasing the resoultion. If that still still fails get a better computer.

Nope. Nothing works sadly. It cant be because of my computer though because I can load any other heavy duty mod fine like New Dawn or Floris. Any other idea what it could be?  :???:

So I booted up some older versions of red wars and they were taking about 3 minutes to launch. This never happened to me before. I think our mod is disageeing with something in the new update, resulting in these slower load times. How long did you give it?

I tried numerous times with the longest being around an hour.

- broken siege scene of Treize and Uxkhal - after few moments the game crashes (Uxkhal has same scene as Swazia, but Swazia's scene works properly)
- one of Khergit towns scenes (I think it was Narra) is flooded - in fact many scenes are broken in some way - this always happens in Beta's  :wink:
- enormous horses in Jelkala
- bandits spawning in fountains
- Führer's Kampfstein outfit has no LOD textures
- still many troops haven't got any melee weapons - every soldier should have combat knife, dagger or something similiar (unless they're martial arts masters  :razz: )
- grenades do not work properly (they kill random troops, no matter where you throw them)

Hi, new to the mod, it's really awesome work!

Ok, to the bugs I encountered:
-Easton has no tavernkeeper
-Easton's outermost village (cannot be reached. Of course, villagers are also stuck)
-Waterway from Balion to Swazi Reich has some obstacle, so there's always half of lords and caravans stuck at the beach (near Swazi)
-either Balion's troops are too strong, or Swazi troops too weak. Swazi armies lose EVERY battle I join (me + 9 companions), and this happens regardless of advantage. 300 swazi troops get killed by 70 Balions, etc...
-grenades have no dmg report
-some villages around Halmar cause crashes if you start bandit fight. Also villages spawn 10m above ground.

Also encountered:
-grenade issue with Swazi Reich...even a grenade I throw high, seems to go off right at my feet.
-"lady" lords at Balion
The accuracy should drop more at long distance.

Wrong place to ask, but what does a banner do? Please elaborate on the item description.

That's it for now, keep it up!

Hi;

Thx for extremely entertaining mod!

My issues found  :arrow:

- most of the nordic villages messed; buildings in the air etc.

- freelancer still bugged in "request audience w/ commander". Gives often wrong dialogue; no options for short leave etc. Sometimes gets fixed temporarily after battle. Sometimes ur commander thanks u for help every time after u fight under himand u get relation higher even if u just repeat the audience; cool way to make good friends :smile:

- Also ur rank doesnt remain if u change under to different commander in same nation.

- loot from bandits is perhaps too generous; ten fights with selling all the "vaegir rifles" and investing the money makes u self sufficient in 2 weeks...

And this; posted also by treeofwoe89, Templar Teuton Hospitaler and zykox at least:

- When grenadiers are involved in battle; i usually die myself in sudden explosion; even if the grenadiers etc are hundreds of yards away; running may help a bit but not always. i dont have to be throwing grenades myself like i first thought... (had the same phenomenom with "artillery strikes" in last patch... it feels like enemy has auto guided artillery strike righ on me? i also thought that perhaps i get hit to my grenade belt? :grin:

Thx for ur time!

Yeah the grenade bug often happens if you hit enemy units with a grenade, but sometimes I just get blown up if there's close combat (i.e.) with nades going on. Would love to see a hotfix for this, the grenades are so much fun to use in siege/village battles!  :twisted:

Another bug: the new fort model is very bugged. AI doesn't attack the gate, so it's up to me (whether attacking or defending) to destroy it. Usually takes a few magazines from an AK... but come on, something like that should be fixed. When the gate goes down, it just flips around and looks really weird. Also the fort walls aren't high enough to provide any cover for troops on the walls. They are completely exposed. Considering almost all of the forts in the game are the same map, this too really needs to be fixed. It could either have a pre-blown up gate and further starting distances, along with fixed walls, or make the AI attack the gate with a charge order somehow.

Or give the player some sort of one shot bazooka we can use to cause massive damage to a single point target. Ideal for blasting doors apart.

Yea, basically I can't even play this. I just experience the mentioned crashes every 2 minutes. My PC runs much heavier mods than this one just fine. But w/e. How difficult would it be to make a low resolution texture pack for this so that I can see if that's causing it? I'll do it my self, I just need to know if it's something that has to be coded or if I can just shrink the textures down in quality by hand.

I mean, I am a computer programer. How hard can it be?

My issue is just that Freelancer is messed up.
Can't enter a town whilst enlisted and my general attacked some White Kerghits attacking villagers. I clicked assist commander and it took me to a selection of only don't get involved. That just happened on a loop until I deserted.

Speaking of fixing things. I managed to get the mod working sort of almost reliably by switching to DX7. But I still get crashes every time I try and enter the final battle scene in the tutorial mission (the one where you have to help the peasants kill the thieves in the town.) So if you have touched any code relating to that you might want to take another look at it.

Speaking of bandits. I get more than the usual amount of crashes when fighting steppe bandits in Kergit land. For some reason they take up far more memory than other enemy troops as well. Are their textures just too huge? They don't seem to be.

When rendering on DirectX7 gas masks don't show up properly. Instead of being across my face they show up floating next to my head. Here is a picture.
GMError.png

And yes, that is DX7 with graphics quality set to 0. That's the only way I can get this thing to run with any sort of reliability. Do not knwo why though as my machine runs heavier stuff just fine. But it just is.

Back
Top Bottom