The game has little diplomacy and many wars after we ask to be vassal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Gandamula

Sergeant at Arms
This has been reported several times, but it seems that in each patch the case gets even worse. I don't know if it has to do with the pace at which we play, but it is a fact that I am seeing without any doubt it in this latest version, 1.5.8.
I was playing as a mercenary for several factions for several hours, 10 or more, during this time any faction was at war with only one enemy, including the last one, Sturgia. It was then that I asked to be a Sturgian vassal. In that instant, one minute, Sturgia declared war on Batania, it was already at war with Valadia, another two minutes it declared war on the Azerais, and without any exaggeration, in the space of ten minutes Sturgians was at war with absolutely all the factions. I don't try it with other faction, but looks like the game trigger something when we ask to be vassal, it's almost unplayable, and out of any logic

Yeah this is the main thing spoiling the game for me atm. I wish they'd gone down the path of using treaties and negotiations between factions to reduce snowballing and create a variety of possible outcomes in every campaign.

@mexxico may be interested in before and after save games.
I'm using some mods, I think they don't interfere with diplomacy, I guess that @mexxico can't load the saves without the same mods.
By the way, as you are a developer. In the previous game, 1.5.7, it happens to me to, but as I have a city and a castle, I take a risk and ask to leave the Sturgian kingdom. After a short war, to get 100 prestige points I ask for peace, and guess? They pay me 2000 Denars/dayly. And it's not all, I start several wars, and in each war, even without any combat, the AI factions allways paid me to have peace,not so much but allways. And in some cases I start a war, conquered a fief, ask for peace,and they accept it, paying me a tribute.
We have the strongest vassal now, we are unstoppable >:3
I confess that a spend my early game training a bunch of troops, against easy targets, and now I have 130 men party, with a very high levels.
Maybe if a try to be a vassal with 20 or 30 party men, don't have so many wars.

Last edited:
I'm using some mods, I think they don't interfere with diplomacy, I guess that @mexxico can't load the saves without the same mods.
By the way, as you are a developer. In the previous game, 1.5.7, it happens to me to, but as I have a city and a castle, I take a risk and ask to leave the Sturgian kingdom. After a short war, to get 100 prestige points I ask for peace, and guess? They pay me 2000 Denars/dayly. And it's not all, I start several wars, and in each war, even without any combat, the AI factions allways paid me to have peace,not so much but allways. And in some cases I start a war, conquered a fief, ask for peace,and they accept it, paying me a tribute.

I confess that a spend my early game training a bunch of troops, against easy targets, and now I have 130 men party, with a very high levels.
Maybe if a try to be a vassal with 20 or 30 party men, don't have so many wars.
remove the mods and start the game without mods. As long as it doesn't crash you can create a mod-free save to submit.

remove the mods and start the game without mods. As long as it doesn't crash you can create a mod-free save to submit.
I can't, the game simply doesn't loads without it, but I disband some troops before I ask to be a vassal, I have a previous save, and the things aren't so bad, I will try to disband even more to test, but the games seems to react to our high level and party quality when we enter in a kingdom.
PS: About my high level, I use this mod I can't start over and over again with each patch.

Last edited:
I can't, the game simply doesn't loads without it, but I disband some troops before I ask to be a vassal, I have a previous save, and the things aren't so bad, I will try to disband even more to test, but the games seems to react to our high level and party quality when we enter in a kingdom.
PS: About my high level, I use this mod I can't start over and over again with each patch.
Lol I simply import my old character with an export mod. I can't restart either lol

Back
Top Bottom