The Elder Scrolls VI

Users who are viewing this thread

master facon said:
I am just going to guess that it will take place in high rock as https://youtu.be/BQcnDNd3P7Q?t=19s lines up almost perfectly with the established geography of daggerfall and high rock.

The "established" geography being heavily fan-generated and also for a completely fictional continent that does not exist and can be interpreted in a bazillion different ways because there are no rules for a place that isn't real. There is literally no way for any human to find an objective connection between that few seconds of video and High Rock. Daggerfall looks nothing like anything in that video because Daggerfall was made 1996. Also, it's concept art.

Established geography being a place with some flat bits, buildings, mountains and water. Fascinating. Fool-proof. Elder Scrolls VI potentially being set in High Rock is irrelevant! To make such horrifically insane connections this early on because of one piece of extremely stylised concept art heavily based on artistic impression is monumentally tragic.

The whole of the internet is just full of dense slabs trying to utilise their limited capacity of thought to generate gash images of imaginary islands in water.

lqt8OJu.png

-XiIl.jpg

Yeah, I can definitely see a connection. Yeah. Oh wait, no I can't because they are completely different.

pgJSHKb.png

If this new game is set in daggerfall, it'll be 229,848 square kilometres and feature 2D sprites because that's the established lore of that region. If you stand near the edge of the map you'll see skyrim where characters are suddenly 3km tall and rendered in juicy 2011 graphics.

A game where all the elder scrolls games are stitched together as-is to make a fully traversible tamriel would be pretty funny. I'd play that.

OFEwRvE

OSmPjY0

xE99Tle

I was just found that the official geography and topography of high rock seemed to match the concept art.

master facon said:
I am just going to guess that it will take place in high rock as https://youtu.be/BQcnDNd3P7Q?t=19s lines up almost perfectly with the established geography of daggerfall and high rock.
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/9vok3a/bethesda_plans_to_use_the_creation_engine_for/?ref=share&ref_source=embed&utm_content=title&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=b78a330d032e4e9d9e394c6ccb76d486&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=9vok3a

Bethesda plans to use the Creation Engine for Starfield and TES:VI

Technically "old" information as the original interview was in June, but it was in German and I didn't see it discussed here so I thought it would be appropriate:
Forbes article about Fallout 76 and its engine, that also has the relevant part from Gamestar at the end
Gamestar interview
Relevant part:
“For Fallout 76 we have changed a lot,” Todd Howard told Gamestar this year. “The game uses a new renderer, a new lighting system and a new system for the landscape generation. For Starfield even more of it changes. And for The Elder Scrolls 6, out there on the horizon even more. We like our editor. It allows us to create worlds really fast and the modders know it really well. There are some elementary ways we create our games and that will continue because that lets us be efficient and we think it works best.”Meta PS: my previous link submission was removed for editorializing the title, I hope this is the appropriate format for the sub, if not I apologize

Oh, god dammit. I hope they change their mind. I haven't really seen what Fallout 76 looks like, but I think that sounds like a bad idea to chain their next-generation TES game to an engine that's at least 7 years old.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
Bethesda plans to use the Creation Engine for Starfield and TES:VI
That's exactly why I don't care about it so much. The Creation Engine is bloody awful, and it always has been. It's one of the worst engine to have ever existed. There are far superior ones available, but they are blind and stubborn. They continue to use it, even though it's so broken. I have never played games that have caused me so much hassle and wasted a ridiculous amount of hours trying to fix performance issues (on a more-than-adequate system, I might add), than I have with the modern TES and Fallout games.

Not to mention Skyrim was a terrible TES game, and if they are continuing down this "streamlining" (I call it dumbing-down) route, then TES VI has the potential to be an absolute joke. Sure, I'm just guessing (and don't get me wrong, I will eat my hat if they turn tail and go back to a more-hardcore experience), but look at the trends that those series have taken over the years.

And believe it or not, I'm actually quite a big TES and Fallout fan lol. That's why I hate to see both series' faces stomped into the mud like they have been.

Everyone's saying "it's the engine! it's the engine!" but other developers have been using and updating the same engines for just as long. It's a ship of Theseus thing. Almost none of the original Unreal Engine is left, but it's still highly flexible even though graphical pipelines have changed fundamentally.

The problem is with Bethesda and their weird, amateur modder approach to making games. They have workarounds for things within their own game which they could easily fix in the source code, like the fact that dead NPCs in Skyrim have to be kept in an underground chapel for a few weeks otherwise the game could crash. Or the fact that Fallout 4 amounts to little more than a reskin of Skyrim with the exact same mechanics and UI beats in a lot of places. Nobody with that level of laziness / unwillingness is going to make a good game, no matter how "advanced" the engine is.

Mr.Milker said:
Nahkuri said:
Here's some rumors. Sounds nice.

eokbv5ya4lj11.png

That's fake as ****.

Even if it wasn't from 4chan it's clearly written by a person who doesn't understand game development at all.

>Starfield is 75% done

How on earth does one measure that?

>It's using an updated engine, you'll notice small detailed things like khajit fur moving in the wind, or not that armour/clothes can be ripped off of you and show damage in real time

The former has been possible in shaders since the 90s, and the latter has very little to do with the capabilities of an engine. I've seen both in games from the early 2000s.

If they update it and bring it to a state where it can easily compete with other engines then I am all for it.
However, they did not even bother with it for the last 2 games.Same bugs, issues from years ago.

One redditor pointed out to "soulgems" data file being inside fallout 4 in the thread I linked.

Fallout 4 and TES V has 4 years between each other.

Just read they're using the same ****ty engine, what a piece of crap Bethesda, another bad combat game incoming

I'm more concerned by all the signs that it'll be more of the same. In short,
BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
Nobody with that level of laziness / unwillingness is going to make a good game, no matter how "advanced" the engine is.

It will probably end up as modderfodder just like Oblivion and Skyrim.

Back
Top Bottom