The Elder Scrolls VI

Users who are viewing this thread

Ki-Ok Khan

RxJWj.jpg

It was just announced at Bethesda E3 Conference at the end. No release date. With just a flyover shot of the landscape​

Ki-Ok Khan said:
I know , its a place holder
I found this one on PCGamer.

Bethesda saved the most-hyped **** for last...

Edit:

The description also says TES VI is in "pre-production". And this article has this to say about when we might see TES VI:
At E3 2016, Howard affirmed that "of course we are [making Elder Scrolls 6]" but dated its appearance to an oh-so-specific "long way off" in the face of tech catching up with the acclaimed designer's planned vision. Nevertheless, a new Elder Scrolls game was thought to make up one part of a trio of major developments equal in size with Skyrim or Fallout.

Shortly after Howard's comments, Bethesda frontman Pete Hines hit the brakes hard, flatly tweeting, "We aren't working on TES6 at the moment." As press headlines subsequently caught on fire, Hines then clarified that Howard's message entailed a mere intention of developing TES6 and not a declaration the studio was currently working on it.

That's more or less been the official company line as the years march on. In 2017, Hines reiterated his "not yet" response when asked about TES6's progress after the release of Skyrim: Special Edition rekindled the hunger for updates. "There's still two major, multiplatform releases that the team has to work on first, and so TES6 isn't happening until those games happen," Hines said in a PCGamesN interview. "Big, multiplatform, triple-A stuff that they do takes multiple years, so you can do the math. It ain't anytime soon."

So many quests.  I discovered it in Dec 2017 and now I'm just abusing the restoration potions/enchantment potions so that I can carry everything I see.  Just need to explore more areas, and one day finish the game.

Might even start a new character.  250 hours into it so far.

Tennessee Jack said:
I did think that they would make another one, but I didn't know it.

This little discussion is the reason why you're my favourite forumite.

Also, I had that very same PC-98 Policenauts art as my desktop wallpaper for ages. Well done. Policenauts rocks. Let's hope we get a PC-98 translation at some point.

Also, you make me physically ill.

I'd say "Just leaving my trace in history" like I did on the infamous Bannerlord thread, but my hopes for this game are very low. Interested in seeing what it will be like in comparison to Skyrim, however. Will they fix the glaring issues, which was what 95% of Skyrim consisted of? :lol:

That landscape shot looked to me like as if it came out of a "the lord of the rings" movie

Tennessee Jack said:
I speak fluent Japanese and just played the game on my original PC-9821Cx3 hardware. It's kind of pathetic that you played the slowbeef PS1 version.

Wrong. If you're not part of the PC-9800 Series Central Discord Server then nothing you say has any validity.

EYzAtmm.png

Assuming this is three years from release, that would make the gap between Elder Scrolls ten years. That seems like a remarkably slow release cycle for what would be an unlimited source of money for Bethesda.

Since the new TES is obviously set in High Rock, they have to ensure that the game world is at least 161,600 km² like Daggerfall but without using procedural generation this time. This requires 10+ years just for placing objects in the map editor.

Well, they did keep themselves busy reiterating Skyrim over and over. Plus, there was that irrelevant MMO spinoff.

Sceptical because of Bethesda's past few years and intentions, but honestly I really hope this one turns out good. A good new TES game would be more than welcome.

Back
Top Bottom