The Elder Scrolls: Online

Users who are viewing this thread

I would have preferred a more Morrowind-like interface, with health, magicka and stamina in 3 small bars at the lower left of the screen.

Aside from that, combat lacks weight.

Otherwise, it doesn't look that bad.

Character customization looks good. Starting in a ship is instantly reminiscent of Morrowind. Rats are a realistic size, that's a first for a TES game! :lol: Didn't watch much farther than that.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Character customization looks good. Starting in a ship is instantly reminiscent of Morrowind. Rats are a realistic size, that's a first for a TES game! :lol: Didn't watch much farther than that.

Yeah, everyone mentions that Morrowind connection.

I for one like it.

What I'd like to see is how fleshed out the world is. Will it be like most other MMOs with one city per race, or will it be like a god damn TES game and have a bajillion cities?

It did have an ES feel to it. But it really wasn't that impressive. I really, really disliked the standard MMO map/quest thing up the top right, and besides a few things that reminded me of ES (the ship, the character faces, the attacking/sneaking) everything else looked generic or poor.  :sad:

Stayed way too close to MMORPG basics. Good job making yet another WoW mod.

Hoping it flops as badly as SWTOR did so that maybe the big money people providing the financing for this **** gives up on MMORPGs.

I don't know where you got how it's similar to WoW.

The combat looked like Elder Scrolls from a third person to me. There's no lock on, no hotkey, and no autoattack.

Questing is a staple of the Elder Scrolls games as well.

Interface is exactly the same, starting area progression is exactly the same, silly use of floating names above ambience (kind of counter-productive) is exactly the same.

You still select enemies, how are there not hotkeys if there are 6 spells, and just because the basic fireball attack required him to click each time didn't mean it wasn't a silly autoattack.

Questing is a staple but it would be nice if they wouldn't devolve into kill 5 mudcrabs.

click each time didn't mean it wasn't a silly autoattack.

Click each time, ergo not automatic = not autoattack.

Interface is exactly the same, starting area progression is exactly the same, silly use of floating names above ambience (kind of counter-productive) is exactly the same.

Interface is the same? How so?

278434037_430bd1a2ae.jpg

OTOH, ESO had the minimap, quest log and chat screen. The health, magicka and stamina bars only appear when relevant.

I didn't bother to actually look at what the quest contained, but the starting area quest isn't really a good indicator of what other quests there will be. They're there to get you used to the mechanics of the game.

Also, did he select enemies? It looked to me that he was aiming his fireballs from a crosshair. That's my bad then.

Austupaio said:

You still select enemies, how are there not hotkeys if there are 6 spells, and just because the basic fireball attack required him to click each time didn't mean it wasn't a silly autoattack.

Questing is a staple but it would be nice if they wouldn't devolve into kill 5 mudcrabs.
Being "like WoW" usually means the standard hotkey MMO style of combat, as in select enemy and you can only attack that one by clicking on an attack in a hotbar or clicking the hotkey for it, hence "hotkey combat". You can clearly see he has to aim his attacks and can also has access to all of it outside of combat and without a selected target.
The floating names he activates in a menu at the start.
Questing, no idea. Looks like standard bull**** to me, so nothing too bad. "kill 20 X and 10 Y" is apparently something they swore they won't have, make of that what you will.

What I don't like from the video:
Animations and texture quality. Can be down to "still in development", but I still don't like it.
The combat looks like completely and utterly weightless. :???:
The voice acting is hilarious. Now, let's hope they don't fall into the same trap as TOR in this regard, where you can pin the extreme lack of updates and new content down to the extreme cost and time requirements due to bloody voice acting for everything.

Ah well, I had no real interest in this from the start and I don't think this will take off. But it doesn't look as bad as the first announcements of the game made it out to be for me.
Still zero interest though.

Wellenbrecher said:
Animations and texture quality. Can be down to "still in development", but I still don't like it.
The combat looks like completely and utterly weightless. :???:
The voice acting is hilarious. Now, let's hope they don't fall into the same trap as TOR in this regard, where you can pin the extreme lack of updates and new content down to the extreme cost and time requirements due to bloody voice acting for everything.

Agree on all counts. :razz:

@Tuckes and Interface; Pretty sure you just described exactly how the interface was the same.

I'm not going to get into an extended discussion about it though, when people want to like an MMORPG because this one is relevant to their interests, it can't possibly be another clone.

Had the same discussion about SWTOR and Warhammer Fantasy were clones.

How is it the same?

Constant health bars, minimap with extra buttons, 3 stacks of hotbars, weird thing at the bottom versus disappearing health bars (a staple of the Elder Scrolls series), a minimalist chat box and a minimap. The minimap is the only really intrusive thing and WoW-esque in that screen.

How would YOU do the interface?

Back
Top Bottom