SP Native Modern The Desaster (Released) News 25-08-08

Users who are viewing this thread

Haldred said:
you done it before? I'll pick up the modding tools, I've done a couple of weird mods for HL2 and San Andreas, mostly just modeling and texturing some pretty low grade stuff. But I'll give backpacks and belts + canteens a try.
thats good to hear. and you have some experiance! especially with half life 2!

I know i'm doing a big bump, but, I have modified this to make the mod more playable, such as a larger ammo capacity for ammo pouches and such, also edited the bandits and some other world enemys, does anyone want me to upload it to the repository?

I'll add some details right now if anyone is wanting specifics:

1. Changed ammo cap on ammo pouches to 400, made them rarer, took out having bent capabilitys and large bag of ___ capabilitys.
2. Took out swords from lower tier troops and added knives and formal armor.
3. Made bullets do more damage as getting shot in the head should now instakill.
4. Some prices and accuracy changed for 2 pistols which names i forget.
5. Changed Bandits to Rebbelious Civilians.
6. Changed Looters to Rogue Squadrons.
7. Most weapons tweaked to do alot of damage, but not make it ultra-overwhelming for the player to fight 4 people.
8. Rebel Civis have daggers and a shirt, with vottokan boots.
9. Rogue Squads have the silenced mp44 looking thing, and vottokan armor.
10. Player now starts with 25 firearms skill, and a silenced mp44 with 3 bags of ammo.

Anyone?

K adding new changes to this post.

NEW NEW CHANGES!

RichyZ said:
does anyone want me to upload it to the repository?
If not already, I think you should ask permission from the makers of the mod.

It looks like some interesting changes. But equipping people with knives and fists and increasing gun damage could make it unbalanced.
I take it you've been playing it a bit and find that it works  :smile:

I tried to balance it as good as possible/ like I like to play it!
Upload it, post the link ( I´ll add it to the first post then)

In the moment I´m working on something else but when I release a new version I´ll use the old equipment for looters and bandits.

Adorno said:
RichyZ said:
does anyone want me to upload it to the repository?
If not already, I think you should ask permission from the makers of the mod.

It looks like some interesting changes. But equipping people with knives and fists and increasing gun damage could make it unbalanced.
I take it you've been playing it a bit and find that it works  :smile:

I'm still testing it for balance and so on, trying to make thompson and mp40 along with all other smgs rapid fire-ish, as in they shoot every click you make, at that click.

And still havn't gotten a pm back from the creator.

Aera said:
I tried to balance it as good as possible/ like I like to play it!
Upload it, post the link ( I´ll add it to the first post then)

In the moment I´m working on something else but when I release a new version I´ll use the old equipment for looters and bandits.

So, can I upload my tweaks, as you didn't answer your pm.

K, got permit to do so, waiting till i get upload rights, until then, i'll upload on filefront.

Warning: ALL THINGS DONE IN THIS MOD ARE NOT FINAL, IVE ONLY WORKED ON THE WILD FACTIONS AND MARKSTEIN EQUIPMENT!!!

Filefront link

Update:

Adding in the following:

More balance to armors and weapons
Reworked create char text
Added new mod picture for the mod loader menu thing

Todo:

Fix some crashes/bugs
Work on all the troop trees, and add more troops to them
Change main menu background

Oh ****, I delted some files and I need to restart with my latest tweaks so the above post's progress is lost

Alright, I have changed the sounds and made them sound stronger/more real, and they are MONO

I am currently trying to edit some brom armors.

Also, current version that is uploaded doesnt have custom pic, yet, it has it in the most recent ver though.

Alright, well progress may go about 25% speed as of now, as school is an *******, and I need to study for a few huge tests.

hi....

im a new player in M&B

i already downloaded this mod..

but where can i put this folder ? i couldnt play this game

this game look nice..

You should have a folder called 'The Desaster'. Place that folder in the 'Modules' folder (programs>mount&blade>modules).
But remember this is for mount&blade version 0.960! Not 1.003

When that is done you change 'Native' to 'The Desaster' from the drop down menu when you launch the game.

This is a great mod, I had a lot of fun playing it  :grin:

The firearms are very well implemented, particularly the rifles, like the Enfield which works very well.  The machineguns are not as good as the rifles but I suppose you did your best with the limitations of the engine;

However, here are a few things that could be fixed :

-  I would like different colours for the "German" and "English" factions (can't remember their game names)
- Also, mountain bandits and looters have no weapons and they can't hurt me with their fists if i have enough armor. Would be nice if they had some, even melee weapons

Keep up the good work :smile:

Gunna  download, mod looks awesome!

That markstein tank fella looks friggin pycho! I'd hate to go against one of those!

So you say:
EVERYONE FEEL FREE TO SPAMM

Then you say:
PLS STOPP POSTING USELESS POST.
I've never seen a forum in which so many nonsense was posted

Then you move on to:
Help me find bugs instead.

And when they help you respond:
Pls every stop complaining about little "faults"

And of course there's this:
I´m nearly sorry for you idiots.
I´m pissed by you idiots

For one, you are rude, either passive/aggressive or manic and clearly don't have your head on straight.  :roll:
To everyone else, why are you actually being nice to him at this point?

Back
Top Bottom