The Community in this mod is Bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the PWMod global server and cut some wooden branches, but didn't know what to do with them. I saw a player and I asked him what do people do with these branches and he answered "give 2000 or die" I asked how to give gold and he replied "money or die" and killed me, I managed to hit him with a branch once. After I respawned I saw the same guy running towards me and he chased me half the map, but I hid behind the wall and lost him.

Apology said:
I was in the PWMod global server and cut some wooden branches, but didn't know what to do with them. I saw a player and I asked him what do people do with these branches and he answered "give 2000 or die" I asked how to give gold and he replied "money or die" and killed me.

To answer your first dilemma: read the MotD-esque message that pops up when you first connect; there are stockpiles of wood, and holding the branch/block in your hands and looking at it with the box coming up then holding "f" will result in you selling them.

To answer your second: what server you play on really effects your experience; if you don't speak the same language as the people on said server, or a significant portion of them can only barely communicate, it's going to cause problems.

It's totally possible your assailant had memorized the phrase "2000 or die" and did not comprehend your questions. For this reason, those seeking to "learn the ropes" or have a generally more peaceful time would be encouraged to find a North American server.

They aren't better people, there's just less mis-communication.

EDIT: Care to define "global server," just the one with the biggest population at the time? There's no official server system for this mod, just people with servers who put one up when they feel like it with one being dominant in population at any given time during the day.

Apology said:
Thanks for the answers. The server had Global in the name and NA servers lag.

I understand it can be difficult, I know people in Eastern Europe get like 350+ ping and it's impossible to play.

If your main language isn't English or you know a second language very well, attempting to find a small server of those people could make your initial play experience much easier.

Also: peruse map threads. Right now United is running the Lowlands, so checking out its thread

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=post;quote=5154083;topic=215833.15

can help you get your bearings. For instance, Eragon (the map's creator) posted this overhead map there:
14y27wo.jpg

which can help with finding things like resource stockpiles. If all else fails, just explore and keep a wide bearth between you and anyone you don't particularly know. Avoid carrying things in plain sight to avoid attention, or if you're good at fighting keep at least a crappy weapon on you at all times- some bolder thieves will want to take it from you, but most will shy away at the thought of even a semi-fair fight.

Hope this has helped,
~Azrayel

Oh, don't worry bout some randomers. You'll learn to get through it. Loosing full plate or cart fulfilled with gold will make you much more furious. Or being randomed over and over and over again. This game will teach you patience and calmness. Good thing is to learn how to enjoy good moments of game, and stop giving a *** about bad moments. It'll surly make positive affect on your mood.

On HCRP you might keep your weapon sheathed (or even don't have weapon!), but on normal United I rather advise you to slash everyone coming at your position with big two handed sword/armoured horse. While talking, rather keep distance and always stay ready.

This mod is really enjoyable sometimes, but also can really piss you off (and make ragequit). Just learn rules by heart (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,211340.0.html) so you'll be sure that no admin can ban you.

P.S. Also lil' advice: insulting anyone surly won't make him help you. It's working like that:
Admin+insults=ban
Players+insults=your death
Troll+insults=being constantly randomed
Douche+insults=perm ban

It's not the community that's bad, it's jst in this mod one bad apple can f*** you up way more than in Native or cRPG or something. Sadly, a lot of people who have spent about 5k on training and weapons can kill nearly anyone on the server

Arisaka93 said:
How to apply to these factions ? How do i earn money ? I had those questions but nobody was going to help me.

On the escape menu there is a "Show game info" tab you can click, it brings up everything you need to know about the mod.

Gimlistep said:
15:57:47 - *DEAD* [Arisaka] this sux

Some more spam from you.

15:59:28 - [Arisaka] S
15:59:29 - [Arisaka] t t
15:59:30 - [Arisaka]   
15:59:30 - [Tcheu] take
15:59:30 - [Lord_Yannick_van_Snow] but you hgave me 10k 
15:59:30 - [Iennox] thanks!
15:59:31 - [AJAJP_Juan] how to get at the sky island?
15:59:31 - [Arisaka]   
15:59:31 - [Annakin] 2 gold nuggets
15:59:32 - [Arisaka] tt
15:59:33 - [Lord_Yannick_van_Snow] 15*
15:59:33 - [XIII_Legate_Batavius] Show your true colours!
15:59:34 - [Elduar_Rhinestone] wait
15:59:34 - [Arisaka] t 
15:59:34 - [Arisaka] 
15:59:34 - [Envy] Gays banner
15:59:35 - [Arisaka]   
15:59:35 - [Arisaka] t 

If you asked nicely and didn't threaten, I would have gladly helped you.

15:59:58 - [Arisaka] Answer to my questions then i stop it
15:59:59 - *ADMIN* [GA Gimli] > [Arisaka] Stop spamming global.
16:00:25 - [Arisaka] WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ON THS STUPID SERFER
16:00:28 - *ADMIN* [GA Gimli] > [Arisaka] All I saw is spam, ask me again and answer me by pressing backspace.
16:00:57 - [Sigurd_the_viking] ahh, now i see, you are asking wrong questions, that is why nobody nswer you
16:01:05 - [Arisaka] Then suck my ****
16:01:18 - [Arisaka] I ****your mom
16:01:32 - [Arisaka] Your sister too
16:01:22 - [GA Gimli] Yu give me that attitude when I am trying to help you

*ANNOUNCEMENT* [GA Gimli] Arisaka permanently banned for heavily insulting admins, spamming global and flaming.

Read our server rules and maybe some guides that are posted on the forums, then consider making an appeal to your ban and I will gladly allow you back on the server.

You didnt copy all the 1000 questions i asked befor...

Arisaka93 said:
Gimlistep said:
15:57:47 - *DEAD* [Arisaka] this sux

Some more spam from you.

15:59:28 - [Arisaka] S
15:59:29 - [Arisaka] t t
15:59:30 - [Arisaka]   
15:59:30 - [Tcheu] take
15:59:30 - [Lord_Yannick_van_Snow] but you hgave me 10k 
15:59:30 - [Iennox] thanks!
15:59:31 - [AJAJP_Juan] how to get at the sky island?
15:59:31 - [Arisaka]   
15:59:31 - [Annakin] 2 gold nuggets
15:59:32 - [Arisaka] tt
15:59:33 - [Lord_Yannick_van_Snow] 15*
15:59:33 - [XIII_Legate_Batavius] Show your true colours!
15:59:34 - [Elduar_Rhinestone] wait
15:59:34 - [Arisaka] t 
15:59:34 - [Arisaka] 
15:59:34 - [Envy] Gays banner
15:59:35 - [Arisaka]   
15:59:35 - [Arisaka] t 

If you asked nicely and didn't threaten, I would have gladly helped you.

15:59:58 - [Arisaka] Answer to my questions then i stop it
15:59:59 - *ADMIN* [GA Gimli] > [Arisaka] Stop spamming global.
16:00:25 - [Arisaka] WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ON THS STUPID SERFER
16:00:28 - *ADMIN* [GA Gimli] > [Arisaka] All I saw is spam, ask me again and answer me by pressing backspace.
16:00:57 - [Sigurd_the_viking] ahh, now i see, you are asking wrong questions, that is why nobody nswer you
16:01:05 - [Arisaka] Then suck my ****
16:01:18 - [Arisaka] I ****your mom
16:01:32 - [Arisaka] Your sister too
16:01:22 - [GA Gimli] Yu give me that attitude when I am trying to help you

*ANNOUNCEMENT* [GA Gimli] Arisaka permanently banned for heavily insulting admins, spamming global and flaming.

Read our server rules and maybe some guides that are posted on the forums, then consider making an appeal to your ban and I will gladly allow you back on the server.

You didnt copy all the 1000 questions i asked befor...

Nope, I copied what got you banned.

Look if you did die report to admin, If they dont respond wait.If you die again deal with it untill admin comes or make a complaint on the forums but i can tell you this. PWMod is great and enjoyable for all types of people you don't know what challenges you may face but there maybe some hard ones.

L2P Noob or Read Rules!

BLUDR3C0N said:
Look if you did die report to admin, If they dont respond wait.If you die again deal with it untill admin comes or make a complaint on the forums but i can tell you this. PWMod is great and enjoyable for all types of people you don't know what challenges you may face but there maybe some hard ones.

L2P Noob or Read Rules!

Exactly.

I've been on the RolePlay Server, and you dont just get killed like that. You only get killed like that if you are at war with, or not roleplaying properly and or pising a faction off.

I'd read the rules before playing on a Role Play Server, and if someone is trying to help you like Gimli was, dont start insulting,flaming at them...You could've stopped spamming, and settle that buisness, then Gimli would've helped you...

You can close this topic now ive played this game again and meet some cool people and joined faction and all now i found someone who was able to answer my question i must say this mod is very enjoyable.  :grin:

Arisaka93 said:
You can close this topic now ive played this game again and meet some cool people and joined faction and all now i found someone who was able to answer my question i must say this mod is very enjoyable.  :grin:

About time -.-

Hi,
I'm one of the United PW Game Administrators, FussyBadge, I see that you've had a miserable start on our community and I wish to actually spend time on our team speak server and help you and guide you on how to play the persistent mod. I understand that the mod is overwhelming and there are ignorant people on our servers who only look to ruin your day. A average admin is handling at least two problems at any given moment and the player base must understand that we will do our best to provide you with the tools to play a carefree RP mod with little to no game ruining experiences which you covered. You also have to understand that Gimili was more than likely the only admin on and to have been insulted after helping people with problems and chose to resolve rule breaking issues instead of helping players with the basic mechanics of the mod.
Please take this time to consider my offer to actually sit down and play with you and show you how our community and the mechanics work. This offer also extends to those who I am not referring to so I will be willing to help whomever wishes it.

United PW TS info: il2.leetts.com:9988
My steam: FussyBadge (this is also my team speak name.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom