THE BATTLE OF 8 JULY: Se Ðéodloga

Users who are viewing this thread

The Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9RpIfI-oDE&feature=plcp

I failed by uploading this, and after 1 hour I noted that something isnt rigth  :shock:

I will upload Part 1+4 and the eventmap (later) today !

I can say watching the sides forming up on the battlefield was really immersive, spectacular and emotional. First time i join an event and partake a battle of such large dimension was impressive!

The conquest was the final dot of this fantastic event, even if speaking the truth, it was a team deathmatch with some strategical. I think it would have been great if the victory of an army was decided by the conquest of all the flags on the map, maybe adding a respawning lives limit (i think we all were about 3-4 deaths of average). Not sure if it's possible to do though.

Anyway, the organisation was just brilliant, and the discipline showed by players surprised me! So +10 to everyone! :grin:

Edit: Great video!

TOMORROW NIGHT

HORSE BBQ PARTY

ALL THE ENGLISH ARE WELCOME

We performed a svínfylking (Boar's Snout formation) - Watch us breaking the Norman shieldwall (And see who's in front! Éadríc & yours truly!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9RpIfI-oDE&feature=player_detailpage#t=197s

I like part 4 when my chevalers come from behind and smack the archers then cross the river and defeat the Engle as well as crossing the river and coming behind the Engle, yet again!

Yesterday was exhausting, but very much worth it! It was great to see such enthusiasm and solidarity on the battlefield.

Many, many thanks to
  • everyone fighting in this battle – I was delighted to see such tight formations on both sides;
  • my officers leading the hosts: Ualraig, Þorkell, Bjorn, whom I could trust to do splendid work on the other side of town, and Heregár the Clever, who was able to forge rabble into a hammer and whom I could count on;
  • Willelm for taking up the challenge and fighting with true grit;
  • Möckerkalfie for his efforts in organising once again, Hróða for his beautiful work in bringing to life the story of this event, Ualraig for helping us set up TeamSpeak properly and Bassa Bár for managing the server and implementing that most helpful spawn delay;
  • everyone restyling their names to fit the hosts better – a scoreboard littered with Wylfinga, Eorlinga and Fyrninga made ours feel like a real host and increased a sense of purpose;
  • and last but not least, my fellow Fyrnings, brothers always!

One of the best things was the amount of spears on our side. The Centish formation looked like one badass porcupine  :twisted:

Éadríc said:
  • my officers leading the hosts: Ualraig, Þorkell, Bjorn, whom I could trust to do splendid work on the other side of town, and Heregár the Clever, who was able to forge rabble into a hammer and whom I could count on;

For you, my friend? Always.

Sorry i couldnt attend, my internet decided to die seeming a dirty celt robbed it from me! :wink:. But seriously my internet decided to mess up at 5:27pm and i couldnt get on it all night :cry:

I wanted to apologize for the mix of german and bad english in the videos, just mute the sound when wathing it.^^
It was an awesome event, thanks to all who were there!

What a fantastic event!

Thanks to all involved in putting this together, I can appreciate the organisation that's required in getting a hundred odd gamers all into the right place at the right time must feel a bit like herding cats at times - but it worked.

Heregar the Clever was excellent and from my vantage point in the middle of the Kent Fyrd it felt like a forest of spears.  I swapped part way through when the plea came for more Normans and saw things from the other side too (before having a crash and disconnect and missing the last conquest bit unfortunately).  Interestingly, the Normans started to win after I swapped so I guess it must have been me.  It's the only explanation that fits the facts.

(Actually, I didn't get any kills at all but I did manage to survive a couple of rounds, so that counts as a win for me.)

I never felt such emotion while playing the game, I think that such events also teach responsible gaming, and one important thing a higher price has life comrade in arms than my own.
Thank you for this event :smile:

Back
Top Bottom