The Academy, Discussion, Suggestions, Ideas, whatever you like!

Should I make Bandit parties stronger?

• Yes, very much stronger!

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but only a little.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Leave them as they are.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No, make them easier!

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Fristly, I love the mod. Seems very neat so far and one of my favorite historical conflicts.  :grin:

Do you think you'll have any want to include Freelancer? I'd love to be an average shmuk for a while.  :party:

I always thought that bronze was stronger than iron and the only reason they switched was because iron was easier to find  :???:
So if I'm correct bronze should be more expensive

LionStrong said:
I always thought that bronze was stronger than iron and the only reason they switched was because iron was easier to find  :???:
So if I'm correct bronze should be more expensive
You're right, as it's an alloy. As far as I can tell it's stronger than wrought iron, but not cast iron. Though cast iron wasn't around until the middle ages so that's not really relevant to this mod. Bronze is significantly heavier than iron as well.

They switched to Iron because it was harder, you could swing a weapon without it bending or flexing as much in battle, and your armor would stand up to spears and stabs better. :smile:

I've actually gotten quite far as coding goes, but I have some troubles with my python installation. Until I figure that out, I cannot compile the module, sadly. :sad:
So, that might delay a bit. About new features, I got the new building types(I hope, since I didn't compile) like temples and academy.

Antonis said:
I've actually gotten quite far as coding goes, but I have some troubles with my python installation. Until I figure that out, I cannot compile the module, sadly. :sad:
So, that might delay a bit. About new features, I got the new building types(I hope, since I didn't compile) like temples and academy.
Sorry  mate! I forgot that your module system started to malfunction.

Johnny Shumate. Ionian Hoplite Greek city of Clazomenae. The end of the VI century BC

total_war1426524991_001.jpg

Angel Garcia Pinto.
Greek Hoplite end VI - beginning of V century BC
Macedonian / Hellenic Rider III century BC with Gorgon as decoration armor.

total_war1426525006_002.jpg

Very nice! Actually, there is a helmet like the one the hoplite in the 2nd picture is wearing in the mod. I'd like to do the engraved armor eventually, but my texturing skills aren't yet that good.  :smile:

A suggestion:

Would it be possible to add more beards into the game? I am speaking of Persian and Assyrian style beards, to compliment the Persians and their style. I also know Greeks fashioned various types of facial hair from time to time as well.

Nebuchadnezzar.png

a0eef9a3106112f08882fb9bd6aeb4f8.jpg

Also having certain helmets not remove the character's hair would be grand. Both for making female troops look better and allowing certain hairstyles to still work with others.

Very nice suggestions. So, about beards, that is something I like, too. I'll have to find a good tutorial, though, because I don't know how beards are done.  :smile:
In the time I took to write my reply, I found a good one. It involves a bit of work and I imagine my first attempts would be atrocious, so it might take some time to add some cool beards.  :smile:

As for the helmets showing hair. The only way to make it happen(without showing bits of hair sticking through the helmet), is to attach the hair mesh to the helmet. But that leads to some problems:
1. The hairstyle attached would be 'fixed'. So, if you play a short haired woman, wouldn't it be silly to see long hair dangling on the back?
2. To solve that, I would have to add several variants, for long and short hair. Like the same helmet, but several times with different hair.

Both are definetely cool looking fellows. Yesterdday, I read the tutorial a bit, it is a bit complicated, but I am confident that we will have some beards, eventually.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom