Thanks for all the fun times warband!

Users who are viewing this thread

I mean it still outlived newer medieval fighting games like wotr, chilvalry or for honour. I had a bit of hope for mordhau but every non survival game that has some kind of stamia mechanic is poo.
Overall i understand that for casual people or people that never got into warband the combat seems fine. But if ure used to warband it's (currently) a downgrade. Bannerlord gives the players barely any room to punish someones mistakes. No spamming, no outmoving, not self or normal stunning. You don't really have any (enough) agressive moves you can pull in order to force a kill on a worse player and I think that's a very important thing to have.

To all the people saying im glad spamming is gone; if you got spammed in warband it is was to 95% your own fault for messing up stuff like movement or other stuff.

Just because someone doesn't play multiplayer doesn't make them a "casual", I have over 1k hours in warband, it just so happens I only care about single player.

Again, you're just proving my point, the main problem to you is not that it's bad, but that it's not warband... and that you'll have to find all new exploits to use against people that are trying the MP for the first time and get the better of them, honestly I always found that warband's "pro" combat looked ridiculous, a bunch of characters looking like they're having an epileptic attack moving around very unrealistically, if they made it a bit less like that all the better honestly..

Just because someone doesn't play multiplayer doesn't make them a "casual", I have over 1k hours in warband, it just so happens I only care about single player.

Again, you're just proving my point, the main problem to you is not that it's bad, but that it's not warband... and that you'll have to find all new exploits to use against people that are trying the MP for the first time and get the better of them, honestly I always found that warband's "pro" combat looked ridiculous, a bunch of characters looking like they're having an epileptic attack moving around very unrealistically, if they made it a bit less like that all the better honestly..

Only knowing singleplayer or multiplayer is casual, chads know how to play both.

It's hard. I wouldn't at all say Bannerlord's combat is bad, but it's been developed on the vision of one on one combat, the stance mechanic is proof of that, it's impossible to determine what stance you're in when you're in the midst of battle, fighting multiple people, you simply don't have time. It's these combat 'quirks' and complex damage calculations that make the combat not fit for the 'competitive' gamemodes as it requires thinking more about how you're going to attack rather than who or where.

It may seem infuriating seeing people slap the combat about without giving much reasoning, but it's actually hard to pinpoint what exactly is wrong with it, the overall feel of the combat is just 'floaty'. Though, a lot of the negativity from the warband competitive scene is just 'It's bad' and then never provide good feedback (just ignore those people).

Last edited:
well i for sure are gonna play bannerlord as im already a bannerlord no lifer bannerlord guy, however once singelplayer comes out i wil miss warband sure and still play it sometimes but not as much as i did years ao, thats why im taking farewell With warband now and thanks for the good times With is, and are happy to see where bannerlord is going on its path to glory!

That's your opinion on it. My opinion is that's its currently just worse. It does have some nice features which is cool but overall it doesn't life up to what I expected. I don't care if it's the same as warband or not aslong as it's fun to play and competetive. That being said if they copied warband combat and fixed bugs, hitboxes and damage modifiert and worked on new factions and gear and other stuff instead of redoing the entire thing I wouldn't mind. But that is because I think warband has a good and challenging (not perfect) combat system.
And if u only play singleplayer you are a casual. Being a casual or not has nothing to do with the hours collected in the game, it's about how your approach it. Singleplayer AI doesn't challenge you and is easy to beat.

That's your opinion on it. My opinion is that's its currently just worse. It does have some nice features which is cool but overall it doesn't life up to what I expected. I don't care if it's the same as warband or not aslong as it's fun to play and competetive. That being said if they copied warband combat and fixed bugs, hitboxes and damage modifiert and worked on new factions and gear and other stuff instead of redoing the entire thing I wouldn't mind. But that is because I think warband has a good and challenging (not perfect) combat system.
And if u only play singleplayer you are a casual. Being a casual or not has nothing to do with the hours collected in the game, it's about how your approach it. Singleplayer AI doesn't challenge you and is easy to beat.

There's no definition to casual vs hardcore gamer it's all up for interpretation. A hardcore gamer could be described by how much time someone invests in a game. Single player has it's challenges just like MP has its challenges, not to mention Warbands Competitive scene is incredibly small of not none existent at this point.

What exactly did you find challenging about Warbands combat system? It was good and fun for its time and the game itself but extremely basic.

Last edited:

Well, guess I'm a casual then, have fun being a "hardcore", and finding new exploits on bannerlord to beat newbies and feel good about yourself.

What exactly did you find challenging about Warbands combat system? It was good and fun for its time and the game itself but extremely basic.
Do you play warband? Compared to all other medieval games with MP is has by far the most competetive combat system.
Well, guess I'm a casual then, have fun being a "hardcore", and finding new exploits on bannerlord to beat newbies and feel good about yourself.
it's not about beating newbies. It's about playing other good players that challenge you and punish your mistake. At the same point i can say have fun beating up bots that don't even block 1 hit. You do you, but saying alot of the veteran players say the combat is not as good just because it's something that is not warband is braindead.

Back
Top Bottom