Thank you, Viking Conquest team

Users who are viewing this thread

Redleg said:
slayerschris said:
nah , this is ridiculous  Taleworld never failed me with his GAMES and now this ""team"" of modders bring  the worst dlc of their company due to a bunch of inexperts modders giving to us one early access MOD because that's isn't a dlc , looks like an early access mod . shame they should be fired and their terrible beta testers(now we are the testers pff) .

The modders produced the Brytenwalda mod, one of the most popular and successful mods for Warband.  In Viking Conquest they have added much more to the game (albeit initially buggy) than previous mods, including Brytenwalda, ever did.  You could argue that they didn't do a good job testing or polishing Viking Conquest, but to say they aren't good modders is demonstrably false.

Should I say you're an inexpert writer because of your many grammatical errors?
i won't argue against retards who defend the indefensible , period and good night and enjoy that trash while im going to request a refund  :lol: hope they got fired because this isn't ubisoft fully of bug and stuffs .

YourStepDad said:
Thank you for providing me with such an incredibly engaging, relatable and engrossing storyline, full of difficult, interesting choices and absolutely incredible twists that at times put even bioware to shame.

Don't let the typos fool you (of which there seem to be none after the hotfix), the story is absolutely incredible, and keeps getting progressively more interesting. (At least it was for me, experience may vary based on your choices. :razz:)

Yes, it was a rocky release and there are issues, but stick with it, below all the technical issues hides Brytenwalda on steroids. :smile:
+1
If you contributed in making VC, you have my utmost respect. Go get yourself a piece of cheese or something  :razz:

I'm sorry if I am asking a question that's out of place or has already being answered, but is there confirmation by the devs that a new patch will be released fixing most of the games problems, as well as adding in a few more features and items? Despite my criticism I see the DLC has tremendous potential. I will wait patiently until I receive a new patch that fixes the issues and adds more things, but to play it now just pains me to think there is so much wasted potential on a game that could be really badass. I hope i'm not being overly optimistic. But devs if you're reading this, a new patch, make it happen please, I will overlook the state the game was released in i'll just be happy to have a badass viking DLC.. just really wanted to get that of my chest.

Well, actually, because of all that Brytenwalda comparing, I'd like to say something - the fact that it was developed by Brytenwalda team was precisely why I've been hesitating about pre-ordering it (even though I broke eventually, because, hey, vikings) and don't get me wrong, people. I just never understood why players were getting their mouth so wet over Brytenwalda, yes, it was huge, yes, it had many features... but it felt really piled on. I never managed to sink more than few levels into it, before abandoning my character.
And the fact that it will be Brytenwalda in different setting was precisely what I was afraid of when downloading Viking Conquest.

So you can imagine my pleasant surprise when I've started playing. Less features? I don't really notice it. What I've noticed, is lack of content that looked like chaotic mess, instead of it there's developed system of different things that play together nicely. It really looks like devs took the step back and put some thought into what should and what shouldn't be in game. As I've said in other thread, you can say that execution wasn't the best (but it keeps improving, so whatever - after fall&rise story of Caribbean! I have lots of patience and trust), but I can't really see how you can criticise the ideas themselves.

Do not look here said:
Well, actually, because of all that Brytenwalda comparing, I'd like to say something - the fact that it was developed by Brytenwalda team was precisely why I've been hesitating about pre-ordering it (even though I broke eventually, because, hey, vikings) and don't get me wrong, people. I just never understood why players were getting their mouth so wet over Brytenwalda, yes, it was huge, yes, it had many features... but it felt really piled on. I never managed to sink more than few levels into it, before abandoning my character.
And the fact that it will be Brytenwalda in different setting was precisely what I was afraid of when downloading Viking Conquest.

So you can imagine my pleasant surprise when I've started playing. Less features? I don't really notice it. What I've noticed, is lack of content that looked like chaotic mess, instead of it there's developed system of different things that play together nicely. It really looks like devs took the step back and put some thought into what should and what shouldn't be in game. As I've said in other thread, you can say that execution wasn't the best (but it keeps improving, so whatever - after fall&rise story of Caribbean! I have lots of patience and trust), but I can't really see how you can criticise the ideas themselves.

Brytenwalda had some "tacked on" OSP content piled up, some of which it didn't need, but that content really neither made or broke it.

If it was the sheer amount of various factions that you felt were a part of the mess, that's exactly where I've found the charm to be, but to each their own. :smile:

Lots of factions wasn't a problem at all, that was probably what I was looking for, as I simply love to wander around the world in M&B, enlisting as mercenary and fighting and fighting and fighting, wearing only what I loot from dead corpses of my enemies and preferably roaming around with small party of hardened veterans... jumping around employers was my favourite thing to do in 1257ad solely because I had to dynamically adapt to new battlefields. I don't know what was with Brytenwalda for me, it just didn't click. In VC I was sucked in right away and even crashes couldn't stop me, though.

I just wanted to say thank you to the VC team.  The single player version of this game has been a blast! 

I held off working on the story mode until all the bugs are fixed.  But I did start it and played a little. What I experienced was really fun, great story telling (yes yes I know there are bugs but it is still fun).  I sunk a bunch of hours into the sandbox mode and have really enjoyed that.  The coastal assaults of cities is a lot of fun. I also enjoyed the slow build up and progression due to the price of ships.  I enjoyed rping a viking, raiding the monasteries to gain funds to build up my fleet and army, and now am at the point where I am about to attempt to establish a foothold in England. 

Looking forward to enjoying a less buggy version of this game... but in the meantime its back to the ships for me and my crew.

i too feel the VC teams deserves some appreciate. While i have been vocally critical of aspects of the DLC it has brought me enjoyment in a way no other DLC/Mod for M&B has.

Back
Top Bottom