Resolved Scene Editor Terrain Node LODing stuck at low resolution, even though I am right next to the node

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Modded
I've recently had an issue with my scenes where the terrain node resolution is stuck on a lower lod than it should be, for instance I will be right next to a 128x128 node, but the resolution will be stuck to 32x32, like its not increasing the lod level properly. I've also had this issue where it gets stuck on 64x64, it seems to like those 2 numbers. I hadn't done anything to the game, like update it, the issue just suddenly appeared 2 days ago. It affects newly created maps and maps that I made over half a year ago. And it also affects ingame as well, not just editor. I've tried downpatching to 1.6.0, and updating to 1.6.5, neither of which worked, even when I tried making a new scene.
e752d572acfbd60c324e21e96fa329c9.jpg

The CurRes is still 32 even though I'm right next to the node, so the CurRes should equal the HeightmapRes, which is 128.

found the solution, turns out I needed to increase my graphics settings to very high, apparently there is a option somewhere in there that reduced the node resolution, and my game somehow switched to that setting.
Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
you can go ahead and mark this as solved, its not a bug, just me forgetting that graphics settings are a thing.

Back
Top Bottom