Tell us about the average thing that is assaulting your thought fortress.

Users who are viewing this thread

So one of my friend is a REALLY good gamemaster.
We're playing a game of heavily modified WOD and he had us fight a knife wielding creepy puppet little girl inside another dimension inside a mirror.
At first we thought the little girl was friendly and was lost inside the mirror just like us.
After talking to her for a while, we found out she was the guardian of that dimension for her master.
She became puppet like and took out a knife.
We had to show her her heart to stop her from killing us (the heart was hidden inside one of the VARIOUS clocks inside the dimension)

And when she spoke to us, the game master stealthily started this song:
****ty movie but EXTREMELY CREEPY song.

Now hes making us fight a witch near a lake where children have drowned.

Hes keeping us on our toes.

jacobhinds said:
People who make their living off neo-post-post-post-post-post-neo-post-neo-neo-modern studies all their life, fully internalise the bullcrap and take it 100% seriously, and then discover video games in their late fifties.

I've taken to violently despising post-modernism. This teacher in my uni, man, his first class was basically he speaking for hours about how no possible date for an event is accurate, and everytime anyone suggested any date as a date for "the start of the modern era" he'd say how bad it was. What's the correct way to date ****, then? He never said.

Last class he only actually was there for 40 minutes (instead of the three hours of normal class) and then he had to leave.

He isn't even graduated in History. I officially declare post-modernism a scam.

Eктωρ said:
I officially declare post-modernism a scam.
This is fairly well-known. People who use the word are scamming ignoramuses as it has lost all meaning by now.
As you have noticed, it's a frivolous cover-up for lack of actual knowledge.
In your particular case, "the start of a modern era" is a largely superfluous historian construct of no particular importance and debating it serves no purpose except the passage of time.

A bit like neocolonialism - the only way to avoid being a neocolonialist is to avoid having any trade or aid ties to undeveloped countries and encourage them to value their traditions of not having clean water or electricity.

TheFlyingFishy said:
I'd say the knight. I've read Victorian era people were into some kinky stuff.
Meh, i think Victorian values were more conservative than the middle ages.
Hell, i think the Victorian era was the most stuck up conservative era.

A woman showing her legs was considered shameful and crossing the line.
Even the middle ages weren't that prude.
And the whole ''proper lady'' was WAY overblown.
I'm actually thinking women were treated better in medieval Europe than the Victorian era.

Feel free to mercilessly crush my arguments.

Eктωρ said:
I've taken to violently despising post-modernism. This teacher in my uni, man, his first class was basically he speaking for hours about how no possible date for an event is accurate, and everytime anyone suggested any date as a date for "the start of the modern era" he'd say how bad it was. What's the correct way to date ****, then? He never said.

I remember you arguing very strongly in a skype chat that there was no reasonable date for the ending of the middle ages, at least that I suggested. :razz:

The knight would look at us all as boring sexless drones with no sense of humour. Humour in europe and the middle east between c.600 and 1600 ad was purely sex and cuckold jokes, with very public acts of debauchery quite prevalent in popular culture. Knights were under no obligation to be the reserved patricians the victorian made them out to be.

He'd probably be most shocked at how centralised and powerful the government had become.

Back
Top Bottom