Tell me

Users who are viewing this thread

spainer said:
Archer when I wanted to say "archer" I wanted to say "range" that is archer or xbowmen

Always I have said, we MUST our own  competition mod. A mod where we balance some aspects the game (although if we can make within mod, it would be great)

For example, I would like to play with Khergits, but now they are unplayable. I think that Rhodok and nord havent cavalry but in multiplayer they have that class. I am saying to make playable and balanced the khergits.

The problem of the archers are

1º They can carry 60 arrows, That allow shot too far, and some arrows hits. The archer with less arrows, they would assure the shoot

2º They are only class that  NEED the zoom.

3º They with shield are like infantry, they have too skill

4º They can carry heavy armour, in some factions in first round, a infatry and cavalry CANT start default weapons, but the archers...

They ARE SUPER-ARCHERS. xD

BTW, I am ranger class. Some limit it is difficult to make I know, but I say :razz:

Is it prohibited speak about this issue?

XD

To be honest, I think messing with stats and gear is just a minefield. There's no way you'll get people on board with it at this stage, plus you would have to make it the public standard or no one would want to play it competitively. This means everyone would have to adopt it, since there aren't enough players to fill dozens of battle servers each night and making that happen would be nigh on impossible.

Beyond that, I just don't see it as necessary.

They did make some awkward choices to be fair. Vaegir archers get the scimitar, one of the best mêlée weapons, for free. Vaegir spearmen get the spiked club, one of the worst mêlée weapons as default and have to pay 1/5th of their starting money for a scimitar. If when playing with Vaegirs scimitar dropping for infantry to trade for a shield gets standard, surely something is wrong..

Arch3r said:
They did make some awkward choices to be fair. Vaegir archers get the scimitar, one of the best mêlée weapons, for free. Vaegir spearmen get the spiked club, one of the worst mêlée weapons as default and have to pay 1/5th of their starting money for a scimitar. If when playing with Vaegirs scimitar dropping for infantry to trade for a shield gets standard, surely something is wrong..

And vaeguir archers with war bows, they can kill 2-3 arrows like siege crossbow... i dont know... but range class are OP tha other classes.

In Ironflesh (Health) and Powerstrike (Damage with mêlée) the infantry are significantly better, especially Nord infantry. However, proficiency (which determines the attack speed of weapons) is not so different between archers and infantry. Add the weird equipment advantages of the ranged classes to that and the ranged classes become perfectly viable in mêlée.

I've said it since the beginning of the beta, Archers are always going to be the best class because master your shooting and manaul block and you'll be able to kill anyone. Yes, the projectiles are 100% accurate and long range, but that's not the problem. It's the fact archers shoot so fast and have so much ammo. 13-14 arrows(or w/e it is) breaks your shield. What about the 45~ others? It's different to be so skilled in melee, there is lots of factors to consider. When shooting, it's just: What way are they moving, and how far away are they.

b00227783 said:
I've said it since the beginning of the beta, Archers are always going to be the best class because master your shooting and manaul block and you'll be able to kill anyone. Yes, the projectiles are 100% accurate and long range, but that's not the problem. It's the fact archers shoot so fast and have so much ammo. 13-14 arrows(or w/e it is) breaks your shield. What about the 45~ others? It's different to be so skilled in melee, there is lots of factors to consider. When shooting, it's just: What way are they moving, and how far away are they.

Then... it is a coincidence that the majority of clans would be based on range class?

I dont know, but it would be awesome out own Competitive Mod, if all clans want  we can make it a standard of warband.

I don't think class limits are needed. Can't be bothered to put forward an argument because others have done so better than i would have done anyway.

Anyway i was wondering how the gap that will be left in division B is going to be filled. The two clans who left Division B can just be filled up from C no problem. However Einherjar leaving means that there there will be one less team getting relegated from division A. This in turn means Division B is a man short.

Killfacer said:
I don't think class limits are needed. Can't be bothered to put forward an argument because others have done so better than i would have done anyway.
There never was any discussion about the "need" of class restrictions. There were only contemplations whether the introduction of a (rigid) 8vs8-model (including "soft" class-restrictions) would make the game more competitive (in ESL-terms or whatever) or even more interesting. Seeing that most arguments were neither valid nor about the point of those considerations, there never was any discussion at all.

Killfacer said:
Anyway i was wondering how the gap that will be left in division B is going to be filled. The two clans who left Division B can just be filled up from C no problem. However Einherjar leaving means that there there will be one less team getting relegated from division A. This in turn means Division B is a man short.
Div B would even be 2 teams short (if you don't automatically fill it up with Div C-teams). Taking the current league tables it would consist of (maybe I got this wrong though):
1 Syn_BT
2 SoE
3 AB
4 DR
5 Army
6 Boh v Inquisition v WSC (since the Div C-table is false right now, DR should have 12 instead of 14 points)
7 Boh v Inquisition v WSC
8 Ref

I don't think filling up those ranks with Div C-teams is unproblematic, since there are no rules regarding it. Either you could handle it like it was before this cycle, letting teams make applications for a specific division and organise some sort of relegation (depending on the number of applications). This could become problematic if there are either not enough applications or possible discussions after those hypothetical relegations.

Another possibility would be to just take places 5 & 6 of Div C and put them in Div B - then the question arises whether there should be a rule resembling the 3-points-difference-rule between places 1 & 2 of Div C.

ModusTollens said:
Another possibility would be to just take places 5 & 6 of Div C and put them in Div B - then the question arises whether there should be a rule resembling the 3-points-difference-rule between places 1 & 2 of Div C.

Yeah this seems like the most sensible option to me. I think it should be confirmed what the rules are regarding this before the end of the season when it could potentially lead to drama.

It'll be same as last time. Straight up bumps by league placement for any gaps. I don't plan on making the Divisions smaller this time.

Also, we have 14 points because we beat OBeRs (who were level 2) when we were level 1, which gave 5 points. LRN2RULES Austro-swede.

EDIT: Also currently Division B would have 9, since LIXH are in there somewhere as well. 3rd place B only gets promoted if they beat the Div C champion and 6th place Div A. Not needlessly complicated at all.

Ah yes, forgot about the level-differences. I have no idea if you collect data for statistical purposes or related stuff but for "transparency"-reasons (read: I'm too lazy (or will  be too lazy at the end of the cycle) to backtrack the levels when the matches happened - although it admittedly wouldn't be difficult to do it myself) could you mark the div-c matches with level-differences in the matchlog (or start to do it)?

That what is bothering me, because as i think you made a rule about levels for clans that joining when  ENL go on. So they have handicap and can catch up with other clans. But Deutschritter was in ENL from the begining same as we do, and now we and Wolfpack that have same amount of matches played and better W/D/L(even 46RD more) are after Deutschritter. Its little unfair because we didnt have an oportunity to chose any team in  ENL, because we were always last to choose.

Sorry for my bad english and no offence, we really like this league and we appreciate for your work.

Completely different matter, I react on the fact that LEGION is leaving the competition, and several clans have done it already. I think we should allow mercenaries to make these teams able to survive even if they lack a couple players.
I'd say no merc for DivA, 1 for DivB 2 for DivC.
I think teams will naturally not use mercenaries if they have enough players cause it would put a mess in the "human resources management", the noobs would riot.
Also it could solve most of the roster violations problems.
In the current case of LEGION they say they only had 7 players, with 2 mercenaries it would be 9, so something playable against 10 opponents.

@Wrona,

DR managed to play their game well, by gambling on taking on a more challenging team runs the decreased chance of winning. Meaning a less chance of picking up a win. Its perfectly fair. By no means am I saying DR aren't capable, but everyone started in the same boat from the beginning.

A bigger challenge = A bigger reward.

Now I have your attention, I would like to discuss the whole 'Naked, Giving up' thing during a match.

Though I didn't play my self, I had watched the stream and Byzantium just pretty much gave up and started naked archer or cav spamming. It didn't work and it was just a **** about for them. After beating them 18-2 a handfull of our players including my self, for some it was their first ENL match and found it a tad disappointing and a shame to see a team just give up after 10 rounds.

We welcome the points, but the ENL shouldn't be for teams who cant take the league seriously. Maybe if evidence is shown, and complaints rise that a penalty point could be handed to a team if they did this?

Im with stubs on this one, this is neither competitive or fun.

mb219.jpg

Indeed teams running around naked after losing the first 10 rounds is really something that should be punished harshly. I suggest a one month ban from all warband servers.

Stuboi0 said:
@Wrona,

DR managed to play their game well, by gambling on taking on a more challenging team runs the decreased chance of winning. Meaning a less chance of picking up a win. Its perfectly fair. By no means am I saying DR aren't capable, but everyone started in the same boat from the beginning.

Not really true because in first week as i remember correctly matches was picked by Captian Lust(and dates) not by teams and week 2 DR choose Waechter von Myrtana witch is 11 now. So where is that gambling? :smile: And i dont have anything against any other teams, dont take me wrong. Im just pointing that there is maybe something wrong with levels.

Wrona said:
Stuboi0 said:
@Wrona,

Not really true because in first week as i remember correctly matches was picked by Captian Lust(and dates) not by teams and week 2 DR choose Waechter von Myrtana witch is 11 now. So where is that gambling? :smile: And i dont have anything against any other teams, dont take me wrong. Im just pointing that there is maybe something wrong with levels.

Week 1
12/11/2011 - Fight For Honour 13-7 Deutschritter
13/11/2011 - Waechter von Myrtama 2-18 Warsong Clan

Week 2
N/A - Warsong Clan 20-0 no opponent
23/11/2011 - Deutschritter 18-2 Waechter von Myrtana

Week 3
27/11/2011 - Golden Horde 0-20 Warsong Clan
30/11/2011 - Légion 6-14 Deutschritter

Week 4
07/12/2011 - Foolocracy of Fedner 13-7 Deutschritter
08/12/2011 - Wolfpack 10-10 Warsong Clan

Week 5
11/12/2011 - Deutschritter 12-8 OBeRs
N/A - White Wolves 0-20 Warsong Clan

Week 8
03/01/2012 - Deutschritter 16-4 Foolocracy of Fedner
05/01/2012 - Runaway Scorpions 11-9 Warsong Clan

@ Wrona:

Hmm two Default Wins, first week against Wächter von Myrtana, Goldenhorde, so four relative easy wins for warsong...we have played each week of this 8 weeks and haven't got any default win (i'm not sad about that fact) but you can't say it is unfair or we are just on the second place cauz of luck, or unfair rules.

In the beginning each clan have the same chances. So after week 4 OBeRs was level 2 we only 1, so until the match they were better. But we beat them, it was a hard match, so we get 5 points. Therefore we've lost against FH and onetime against FF.

We have some very strong matches, against OBeRs, FF (two times), so you can't say we've just luck or something like that.

Regards...

EDIT: I want the next ENL match against Warsong! :wink:

GoldFingero said:
Indeed teams running around naked after losing the first 10 rounds is really something that should be punished harshly. I suggest a one month ban from all warband servers.

Well, theres a punishment system in place - penalty points.  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom