tEatRC: Struggle for Bermia - improved version, new features

Users who are viewing this thread

Thaks for helping!!! I meant, however, that once chosen the noble option, it skips the part where im suposed to pick a banner. Thats my only problem! Sorry for not expresing myself properly.  Sorry for making too much trouble!

It's probably because you need to press C and go to the character screen.
It might also be that i changed the amount of renown you receive when you create the character, at the moment i don't remember  :smile:

I can try fixing it, probably has to do with the presentation jumping past the hardcoded menu where normally you'd pick your character's appearance and stuff. PM the code again.

I've just stumbled across this while looking for things with my favorite German mercenaries the Landsknechte in them and I have to say I really love this mod. Keep up the good work!

So I do like this mod a lot, I only have one issue. I keep getting a "couldn't load" error regarding "Mushketi_a_commonmap.dds" I've looked through the mod folder (from Nexus) and the file in question isn't even in the archive. The game does not crash upon error, just that I have to minimize the game window, deal with the error window, and continue. The error is fairly frequent and just makes the mod a lot less enjoyable, so I not seeing this posted anywhere else, was wondering if there is a fix, or if maybe my download was corrupt, or a bad version (version 1.496 according to the nexus page.)

I really want to play more of this mod, however, that keeps grinding me to a hault.

That's very odd, i thought i fixed this.
Probably the file you downloaded is not the latest version.

In any case, i am uploading a new version right now, i will update the links as soon as it is ready.

Here is the link a to the mod files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3KUxYN8RDnnTXZ3UTBUcUhZOTQ
The one you need to get is in resources, and it is called 17th_century_firearms.brf

Download it, and tell me if that fixes your problem. 

Just played for about 30 minutes. I didn't notice any major changes, but it seems much less buggy then previous versions.
Two things:
1) Is Freelancer new? I noticed it existed, but didn't give it a try.
2) Swadian Reiters don't have horses, but are still designated as Cavalry.

1) Freelancer is new, and has been added in the latest version. Since this mod has a different recruitment system, if you enlist with less than 100 renown, you start as a village troop (usually infantry). If you enlist after you get 100 renown, you enlist as a castle troop (usually cavalry). There are still some bugs with freelancer, but overall works fine. And it's also one of my favourite features, together with the reworked morale.
I remember playing a battle as an Eridanian footman against a largely superior Haelmarian army. After a fierce resistance, the lines broke, and panic ensued. I had no idea what to do, and i decided to flee as well.
As a simple soldier, there's very little you can do, and the effect is generally quite good in my opinon.

2) that's odd, they are supposed to be gun-toting cavalry. I'll check the files.

2)
I noticed no horses in their inventory when I checked, but then lots of units don't have all their actual equipment when you checked. I think you've said before that's deliberate.

I also can't find the troop trees, have they been removed or am I stupid?

I ended up fixing it by using the hotfix for a previous version and then re-extracting the newer version over it (since the hotfix had the texture files that were missing) seems to have fixed the problem. The other question I had is, is there a semi-official patch to stop the constant stream of debug and internal messages through the log? it's not a terribly big issue or concern but I do like to see what's happening elsewhere in the battles etc. as current I can't really do that because if I let my party camp or stay in town over night the log will be seemingly flooded and I have to wait around about 5-8 minutes before the log reads out anything again.

not the biggest issue. But something I figure is worth asking about. Other than the little hiccup with the textures when I started, I really enjoy the mod, good work :smile:

Thanks!

As for the red opcode error, i have been trying to fix that for ages, but i'm afraid i just made it worse. I don't know when, but one day i'm going to fix it for good.

Also, as soon as i learn how to create new factions and how to make the map editor work with WB, that's how i'd like to redo the map:

vJhsMDn.jpg

But i think waiting for Bannerlord is just a better option.

I just wanted to let you know I'm still playing this mod every now and again and still love it. I'm just wishing it had a couple of changes on the battlefield management front.

Hey man, i just picked up this mod again after trying to find a mod that would let me relive my good old days in the original TEATRC. I love this version! Quick question, are you still working on it?

Guys, first of all, I'm sorry if the question that I'm about to ask has actually been answered long ago somewhere in this forum. But, since I couldn't find a solid answer just by looking at the posts here, I'm just going to ask here.

So, is this tEatRC a mod for Mount and Blade vanilla, or Warband? I mean, this post is located at the Cartographer's Guild specially made for Mount&Blade, and discovering that the mod is also said to be for Warband made me hoping that this mod was once intended as a Mount and Blade vanilla mod, since it'd be really sad if all the cool screenshots are actually only available for users who own Mount and Blade Warband. Thank you.

Vingry said:
So, is this tEatRC a mod for Mount and Blade vanilla, or Warband? I mean, this post is located at the Cartographer's Guild specially made for Mount&Blade, and discovering that the mod is also said to be for Warband made me hoping that this mod was once intended as a Mount and Blade vanilla mod, since it'd be really sad if all the cool screenshots are actually only available for users who own Mount and Blade Warband. Thank you.

The current version is being developed for Warband.

If I remember correctly, you should still be able to find M&B 1.011 version of the mod somewhere...
Actually, I may have it on my hard drive if it's no longer available.

Back
Top Bottom