In Progress Tactics skill multiplies damage by 100x more than it should

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.1.3.16165
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Each point in Tactics multiplies simulation damage by 10%, instead of 0.1%
How to Reproduce: Make a character with mid-to-high tactics (100 is enough). Add 300 recruits to the party. Auto-resolve any battle and win
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

There have been some complaints from the community that the auto-resolve (i.e. "Send Troops") is broken recently.
I debugged through the code, and found out my troops inflict ~1500 damage per hit
Turns out, the method PartyBattleAdvantage in DefaultCombatSimulationModel produces a damage multiplier for the party, and instead of calculating a number like 1.3, it returns a number like 30. Same issue with DefaultPerks.Tactics.PreBattleManeuvers

On a macro scale, this means that as long as a lord has Tactics of at least ~40-50, every striking troop one-shots every struck troop regardless of troop tiers, devolving into a pure numbers game. With damage multiplier being off by two orders of magnitude, recruits and peasants still deal enough damage to one-shot anything, and vice-versa.

This is the reason why every battle lasts 1/10 of the time it used to, but larger problem is that parties that think they are stronger via balance of power (in the top middle of the engagement creen) will attack slightly larger parties, because of their higher ranked troops they will attack and get crushed by the few extra recruit numerical advantage as everyone oneshots everyone, thus only the number of troops matter the tier don't.

From a siege standpoint, it used to be that I felt the garrison was stronger and harder to kill than it should be. I felt the fortification bonus was too much. Now I feel the garrison troops are more what they should be, but militia troops fight with the tenacity of peasants. If I starve out the garrison and only fight the militia, I might lose 4 troops while the militia loses 400. I had sort of assumed the fortification bonus wasn't working. I don't auto-resolve though. This is when actually fighting the battles. But the issue you brought up might be affecting this as well.

Back
Top Bottom