SWORD OF DAMOCLES - GOLD - V4.5 BETA DOWNLOAD

Do you experience unusual crashes during battles? (when you set high battlesize and find such battle

• A lot! I can't play!

Votes: 222 35.2%
  • Quite often, but it's playable.

Votes: 176 27.9%
  • Very little or no crashes!

Votes: 233 36.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arch said:
I can't wait untill the final release of this game!

There is some truth in there, this mod really takes M&B to the next level.
The mod in itself is amazing.
The fact that vonmistont is psycho-soloing it is even more amazing.

Before he starts thanking people, I think we should really thank him for hid work, because he is truly leaving his skin on it (I just did the troops' stats part, and after it, while dreaming, I was trying to figure out which troop is the upgrade of which).

vonmistont, you are my hero.

Ok, I know I probably seem like a retard right now but I actually got problems INSTALLING in, I've tried everything.. I mean everything.. But I just can get it to work.. I can't change from Native to Sword of Damocles... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: PLEASE HELP!!! QUICK!! I WANNA PLAY! ;D

Chinta Kari said:
Arch said:
I can't wait untill the final release of this game!

There is some truth in there, this mod really takes M&B to the next level.
The mod in itself is amazing.
The fact that vonmistont is psycho-soloing it is even more amazing.

Before he starts thanking people, I think we should really thank him for hid work, because he is truly leaving his skin on it (I just did the troops' stats part, and after it, while dreaming, I was trying to figure out which troop is the upgrade of which).

vonmistont, you are my hero.

I agree vonmistont is my hero too! but don't think your part in the mod is any less value than his!

Arch said:
Well... tell me EXACTLY what you are doing, i'll try my best to help you.

Thank you very much. Ok, I do all the normal stuff, I install it, put it in Modules folder and... well thats it.. btw, WHAT should I Open it with? I'm currently opening the files with Mount and Blade.. I need something else to open the file with?

I'm not saying the program is stupid or that it does a bad job.

Using a commercial program when a free program 7-zip is effectively the same is stupid.

Sorry if I sound harsh, I understand these things sort of 'just happen'. Unfortunately, I think it creates a needless barrier to people getting involved for no good reason I can think of.

Other than 'that's how we do it' is there any reason to use winrar and rar over 7-zip and zips? Zips are as small and easier for system scans.

Knute

Really not meaning to offend people.

When you have it extract the file on your desktop or any over folder you want except for the area where mount&blade is stored!

Then put the file into the modules folder and there you go! Enjoy!

P.S. I was offended :cry:

@ X-Warrior-X 

Rushing Mod's = Bug Carnival :O  :shock:

And please, don't quote extra large messages! >_<"

Happy New Year! *And couting down*  :wink:

- Z

X-Warrior-X said:
Thnx, just this seems like a awesome mod...

No problem, just saying it out. '-'

People say that Mod's preference is a personal preference, but no one can deny: Sword of Damocles has the most complex scripting so far!  :wink:

- Z

Thank you for the kind words. I think you overdo... Though I feel flatered.

I didn't know about the problems with unpacking. Indeed I use Win Rar to pack it but it can be unpacked with 7zip or whatever... And why doesn't it work for You when unpacked to Modules folder? Quite obvious explenation would be that You unpack it to X>Mount&Blade>Modules>Sword of Damocle> and it indeed unpacks there but under the new SoD folder it creates own Sword of Damocles - Invasion folder... So Unpack it purely to Modules> folder...

I's my guess of You could do wrong... Noone had problems with old version on repository and it was packed exactly same way...

As to final release  Most important features all work right now. Alpha with alpha 2 patch is completly playable. It doesn't have ballanced and tweaked troops but IS playable. There is only one medium bug with barracks and pracice ranges not garrisoning troops but it's as I said medium to minor bug and will be fixed today.

As to troops, I finished them last night, It was late, but i belive everything works. Only Zerrikanians are not dressed (and experienced versions of troops, but as I said just don't upgrade TROOP X to TROOP X* unless you are in castle/town and plan to talk to marshal about promoting them higher) But it will be dealt with today.

Summa summarum alpha will reach beta today. And final release will be some time after New Year. Final means bugtested and with a lot more random events than now (and few very minor tweaks). Alpha in current state is playable.

Cheers

EDIT: Oh and Faith troops are not dressed as they should be, but it's also minor, they ARE powerfull.

Think the Beta will be savegame compatible with final?

Been waiting for Beta to start a new 'seirous' game... only have so much time to play and don't want to be 'locked in' a beta version with my 'main game'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom