MP Sci-Fi SW: Bear Force II - 1.0 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Im fairly sure that as long as you dont sell the music you are free to use it. For example, if you use music like that on Youtube, they will put ads on the video in order to pay for the usage permission, or something. In any case, mods can use all the music they want, as far as I know.

Theotian said:
Do you guys need a beta tester? I would be willing to participate.
I think it would be better an open beta.It always offers the possibility of a wider range of computers to try the mod problematics.

djogloc02 said:
Clones troopers with phase II armor will be on this mod?

What do you mean with Phase II Armor? May you show me a pic perhaps?

Theotian said:
Do you guys need a beta tester? I would be willing to participate.

We've already got a couple of guys who are searching for bugs. Not at the moment, sorry.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Im fairly sure that as long as you dont sell the music you are free to use it. For example, if you use music like that on Youtube, they will put ads on the video in order to pay for the usage permission, or something. In any case, mods can use all the music they want, as far as I know.
It doesn't work that way. Distributing copyrighted music without permission is illegal.

NightHawkreal said:
I realize this is a bit brazen, but I propose to continue the tradition of "screenshot of the week."
Screenshot_from_2012_12_28_19_01_47.jpg

MadVader said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
It doesn't work that way. Distributing copyrighted music without permission is illegal.

Quoting from "Copyright Infrangement"

Article 61 of the 1994 Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPs) requires criminal procedures and penalties in cases of "willful trademark counterfeiting or copyright piracy on a commercial scale." Piracy traditionally refers to acts of copyright infringement intentionally committed for financial gain, though more recently, copyright holders have described online copyright infringement, particularly in relation to peer-to-peer file sharing networks, as "piracy.

And

Article 61 of the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPs) requires that signatory countries establish criminal procedures and penalties in cases of "willful trademark counterfeiting or copyright piracy on a commercial scale".[5] Copyright holders have demanded that states provide criminal sanctions for all types of copyright infringement

We have no financial gain nor intend to distribute music via Peer 2 Peer. Don't really understand what the problem would be...

You can't give away something that doesn't belong to you. Distributing music via a mod to other people is the same as peer-to-peer. Handing out someone else's music is illegal, pure and simple.

There was a 'force choke' a while ago. I don't really remember where it went. Maybe there was some problem with it. Maybe it was too powerful.

Back
Top Bottom