sunday afternoon - 4 players total on NA servers

Users who are viewing this thread

A useless rant over SP > MP i see. And your analogy is completely wrong, it goes more like:

Asking a 5 star cook to prepare food for a farmer. A farmer has a solid knowledge of the basic ingredients such as a potato, carrot,... and all sort of other crafts (In this analogy the "basic ingredients" are the SP people who know the basics about the combat)

But it is the cook who will create an astonishing meal for both the farmer and the cook (Here the cook being a MP player who is dedicated to playing the combat)

A meal made by the farmer will be good enough, but the cook will be utterly disgusted by the meal the farmer made. Why are you trying to make a bad meal when you can have an astonishing meal for both the cook and the farmer?
I my opinion your analogy is off.

Asking MP guys to improve overall quality is like designing a whole car around its tires, just because they're vital to the grip, speed, etc.
While the tires may give some constraints, it's not good design choice to do so.

Going back to food, it's like trying to feed construction workers with 5-star chef food (i.e. small quantities, exquisite flavors). They need meat and potatoes.

I my opinion your analogy is off.

Asking MP guys to improve overall quality is like designing a whole car around its tires, just because they're vital to the grip, speed, etc.
While the tires may give some constraints, it's not good design choice to do so.

Going back to food, it's like trying to feed construction workers with 5-star chef food (i.e. small quantities, exquisite flavors). They need meat and potatoes.
Your analogies are so weird I don't even understand what you're all talking about at this point. FBholer I don't know what you're doing here, if you really think no one plays or cares about MP why are you still arguing about, just avoid the section entirely (And I mean... The fact that the game has an entire section about it definetly means people do care about it), anyways what are you trying to achieve here talking about meat and potatoes and flavors escapes my mind, do you want them to first finish the SP? If that is your point then let me tell you something you already know, it's not going to happen, this team will keep working on it, and people are still going to play MP regardless of your "data", and those that do not play MP do care about it and put their complains in the forums, some others are just waiting for MP mods, it really doesn't matter, these recurring arguments that go on and on are pointless and a waste of time

Your analogies are so weird I don't even understand what you're all talking about at this point. FBholer I don't know what you're doing here, if you really think no one plays or cares about MP why are you still arguing about, just avoid the section entirely (And I mean... The fact that the game has an entire section about it definetly means people do care about it), anyways what are you trying to achieve here talking about meat and potatoes and flavors escapes my mind, do you want them to first finish the SP? If that is your point then let me tell you something you already know, it's not going to happen, this team will keep working on it, and people are still going to play MP regardless of your "data", and those that do not play MP do care about it and put their complains in the forums, some others are just waiting for MP mods, it really doesn't matter, these recurring arguments that go on and on are pointless and a waste of time
Agree, this "SP vs MP" is pointless.

You can listen to your own advice and ignore me totally :mrgreen:

If you stop attacking the person and start attacking the argument, I may start reading your posts again.

My point stands still: MP = loud minority.

You don't have to agree, and any further ad hominem attacks will be ignored.

You can listen to your own advice and ignore me totally :mrgreen:

If you stop attacking the person and start attacking the argument, I may start reading your posts again.

My point stands still: MP = loud minority.

You don't have to agree, and any further ad hominem attacks will be ignored.
Hmm no, you're considering them ad hominem, I was talking about how pointless it was to say multiplayer was a "loud minority" and to make an argument about it because MP it's still going to be developed anyways and because the people that care about it are going to keep making posts and threads about it, regardless of your opinion about it. Your point stands, and it's completely useless and off topic.

Actually they make the bots unbeatable without a problem. You think that you would actually stand a chanse against an AI where they dont artificially make the AI worse? I mean the bot can react within milliseconds calculating if your hit will land before his and make the right counter for it. Maybe they cant make a bot that can kill you but they sure as hell can make a bot that can block you every attack no matter what.

Now this is not the case since they have tuned them down intentionally, because it would be ridiculous. Just think of Counter Strike source when you turn the bot level above the normal level trough the consol and everyone of them got aimbot killing you within milliseconds with a glock. :grin:

Lol, it doesn't matter if they can block everything if their AI can't handle a spin like it can't right now. Doesn't matter what you set it too if a simple 360 beats it. Or even better, just walk to the right of them while left swinging and the AI simply can't handle that either.

Back
Top Bottom