Sui Generis

Users who are viewing this thread

Nice, shadowplay is great. From what I'm seeing the difference isn't so much that you use crouch more than me, but that you don't use quick steps as much (or ever?). Ever since they made it so I could hold SHIFT to quick step I've been using it way too much I think. It's just too easy to lose balance when you quick step all the time

I didn't say you didn't crouch. But the main difference is still how little you use quick step compared to me and it has to do with the double tap vs hold button controls. I'm always always holding down shift, I'll have to stop doing that. I really hate the old double tap controls though, no way I'm going back to that.

I suspect that holding down the quickstep button might influence the way the AI fights too, as they'll see me as constantly being off balance and will try to take advantage of that.

Mahud be streaming Exanima tonight. Going in blind. Should be fun.

https://www.twitch.tv/lordmahud

Adorno said:
What happened to the (outdoor) open world and dynamic story? It's still just a dungeon crawler.

cU5skwe.png

QFwxPBR.png

They have always said they would do Sui generous after exanima - using it to test and build the mechanics they want. However, they are very ambitious (some may say overly) and it takes them a long time to finish the Various features. F.e. currently they are working on AI... And have been for a year - in which there was no patch. They finally entered into closed beta Dec/Jan tho.

Duh said:
Mahud be streaming Exanima tonight. Going in blind. Should be fun.

https://www.twitch.tv/lordmahud
Thank you Duh! I was checking the stats after the stream and it told me I had some views from forums.taleworlds.com, so I got suspicious and looked for your last posts in the Off topic section  :lol:

Why they **** don't this guy just release smaller updates every once in a while instead of having us wait over a damn year for a big one. I see him post about finished armour sets every once in a while. Just add them to the arena shop you dip****... I'm mostly pissed I didn't wait another year to check for updates. Now I'm hyped again and have to check the forums every day...

And yeah, I don't believe for a second Sui Generis is actually happening, but I'd be perfectly okay with a completed Exanima. I prefer the underground setting anyway.

I doubt Sui Generis will happen, too. If this short dungeon crawler with an arena is taking so long to complete, imagine the huge amount of time it would take for an open-world game with the same things. Sure, pretty much all of the assets and features may be used in Sui Generis, but it's still a pretty big scale in that game.

How does something like that just devolve into vapourware? I can understand it with a single developer, but for a team of staff I can't begin to imagine how a project could just collapse into a heap like that. Organising your life around sporadic game development sounds like a nightmare.

But like, these people surely have day jobs. Do they just spend hours after work coding and bugfixing? Do they have part time jobs and have to drop them whenever the lead dev wants to make a nee change?

I really want to know what the life of an indie developer is like. Unless you have unlimited money or live with understanding parents, it's not possible to pursue a project for 6 whole years. This bothers me every time an indie dev pushes a release back several million years.

You either seek funding or do smaller projects where you can divide time with dayjobs and stuff first.

Then you hop into the breakthrough game that'll be the new cornerstone for ages to come when you have enough money so you don't have to worry about other stuff while you focus on it.

This kind of ambitious project always fail or take a hundred years to make because passion overcomes common sense at the time of the pitch.

Even simple games are a really time consuming undertake, when you have a complex project and a small team the outcome will always be lots of time spent; if your team works part time, expect it to at least double.

In this game's case, probably you had an underestimation of the value it'd cost so the Kickstarter money didn't covered for the team expenses or the money was mismanaged/they slacked too much and ran out of funds.

Sui Generis and Exanima are being developed side by side, and it wouldn't surprise me if Sui Generis gets more attention too.

What consumes the most time isn't adding weapons and armours, but actually sorting out the mechanics and developing the engine. If Exanima is finished, I reckon Sui Generis won't be far off either. It seems like a lot of you underestimate the amount of effort it takes to make a game and especially one like Exanima/Sui Generis. It will probably be a very long time until either is finished, and I don't know how you could expect differently from what is practically a single developer.

Saying Sui Generis probably won't come out just seems peevish to me.

Back
Top Bottom