Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Barman1942 said:
marchal davout said:
Blitz_craig said:
I think it would be a great idea to add the US as a playable nation to NMW Napoleonic Wars for several reasons:

1) About half the people playing this game live in North America.

2)  The Napoleonic Wars were a world war and not confined to just Europe. Of these peripheral conflicts the War of 1812 between Britain and the US was one of the larger ones with a lot at stake, the future of Canada.

3) The smaller sizes of the forces engaged in the conflicts battle would mate well the sizes allowed in the game and give it an added feeling of realism.

Chippewa - only about 2,000 each side
Lundy's Lane - the same
Chrysler's Farm - US (2,500-4,000) Britain (900)

4) Adding a North American theater to the game would increase the amount of playable maps.
For example, several new forts could be added for siege battles:

Fort Erie
Fort McHenry
Fort Stephenson
Fort Niagara
Fort Meigs
Fort Detroit
Fort York

5) Also, many of the land battles involved river crossings which would add an anphibious element to battles that hasn't been fully realized in the present game:

Queenstown Heights
New Orleans

Please reply with your opinions of this proposal.
i think the US should never get added. For the simple reason that they didnt fight...

Except, you know, in that war that the post you quoted mentioned. I'd be all for it if it means that much more variety and spice to the game.
Shouldn't it be the Napoleonic Wars and not the War of 1812?? I think we should focus effort on development that fits more into the theme.

The brace function needs to be improved.
Cavalry can jump OVER any braced square with minimal casualties, if you could aim the brace higher and lower or if it simply covered more area... Yeah.

Also, people are already modding in the war of 1812.

People who are going to request new factions will always request new factions as new armies or regiments is pretty much the only post release content those who paid with the product might possibly get.

A few ideas on how to facilitate the command of the columns of troops.

In the game players often do not realize where their commanders where to go and what to do.

Therefore, players would find difficult to perform maneuvers in their battle formations.

The idea is the following.

It is necessary to interest the player to walk the columns under the command of the commander (officer). To do this, to get the bonus, for example, accuracy, player must go to his commander and take its place in the column. How can he know where his place in formation? It is necessary for each commander to make point, indicating the location of its division. Players who are in his division to take place in formation, coming to this point and press the "use". Once the first subordinate soldier took his place, he loses the ability to move, it moves obey the orders of the commander, in a single game. He can just aim and shoot. Point at the same time, moves to the place of the next soldier. And the next soldier can take its place. A soldier at any time, may leave his place. At the same time he loses bonuses. Formation automatically adjusts to the new number of soldiers.

Where is the commander is, whether it be in battle formation, or command from the shelter - it can be varied. Also flags-holders, musicians and other bonus-adding roles can have their special place at those division point.

In consequence of the previous paragraph, the commanders get more power than ever before. Therefore, it is important, who would manage the division. It will be convenient to introduce the election of a commander for each division. (The same principle can be done for the generals command, which will also be elected by ballot at the beginning of the round. Set up divisions points for them, which they can move. Divisions gains different bonuses when reach this points. And so on.)

Main of idea - simplify commandment of units on field. And make battle more realistic and closer to historical realities. It is only a sketch of the basic ideas, you can do a lot of interesting things in this direction.

P.S. Alternatively, you can only make a point of indicating the location of the divisions that are visible to the soldiers of this divisions.

Greetings!
At first, with my first post, I would like to say that Mount & Blade is one of the greatest games I've ever played and I love it and its expansion "Napoleonic Wars". As the matter of fact, I bought the game because of the expansion and immediately fell in love with it.
Back to business, friends.
I've searched and didn't find anything about a small but very bad voice thing: russians yell, in general, something like „За Веру, Царя и Отечество!“ („For Faith, Tsar and Fatherland!“). But sometimes russians yell „Воруй! Убивай!“ („Steal! Kill“), which is from advice dog meme. When someone yells „Бей басурман!“ („Kill infidels!“) and 20 men support him with battle cry „Steal! Kill!“, it completely ruins the atmosphere. I hope this joke will be removed :smile:

aradriel said:
A few ideas on how to facilitate the command of the columns of troops.

In the game players often do not realize where their commanders where to go and what to do.

Therefore, players would find difficult to perform maneuvers in their battle formations.

The idea is the following.

It is necessary to interest the player to walk the columns under the command of the commander (officer). To do this, to get the bonus, for example, accuracy, player must go to his commander and take its place in the column. How can he know where his place in formation? It is necessary for each commander to make point, indicating the location of its division. Players who are in his division to take place in formation, coming to this point and press the "use". Once the first subordinate soldier took his place, he loses the ability to move, it moves obey the orders of the commander, in a single game. He can just aim and shoot. Point at the same time, moves to the place of the next soldier. And the next soldier can take its place. A soldier at any time, may leave his place. At the same time he loses bonuses. Formation automatically adjusts to the new number of soldiers.

Where is the commander is, whether it be in battle formation, or command from the shelter - it can be varied. Also flags-holders, musicians and other bonus-adding roles can have their special place at those division point.

In consequence of the previous paragraph, the commanders get more power than ever before. Therefore, it is important, who would manage the division. It will be convenient to introduce the election of a commander for each division. (The same principle can be done for the generals command, which will also be elected by ballot at the beginning of the round. Set up divisions points for them, which they can move. Divisions gains different bonuses when reach this points. And so on.)

Main of idea - simplify commandment of units on field. And make battle more realistic and closer to historical realities. It is only a sketch of the basic ideas, you can do a lot of interesting things in this direction.

P.S. Alternatively, you can only make a point of indicating the location of the divisions that are visible to the soldiers of this divisions.
Well, people already do this in organized line battles. But its not as complicated.

That was a pretty damn good hidden joke for those who don't understand Russian I have to say.

A march in sync option is really a good idea for testing perhaps?

Please add the Royal Badge of Wales to the available flags.

Modern flag: http://www.balacynwyd.org/Bala_Cynwyd/images/Coat_Arms.jpg

Representation of the older style (less detailed, no augmentation of honour): http://www.balacynwyd.org/Bala_Cynwyd/images/Coat_Arms.jpg

The emblem with the 1953 augmentation of honour: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2e/Flag_of_Wales_(1953-1959).svg

Another acceptable variation would be the Flag of Saint David: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a2/Flag_of_Saint_David.svg

Or perhaps a basic flag with the symbol of a leek or a daffodil.

A proper duel map is a must.

Seriously, most of the map dont fit for a proper dueling.

And if we can ask, what about bots? Nditions style! That would be cool  :grin:

I'm not so keen on the "more factions" thing, however, I think Italy would be a good addition.

I was about to say the Ottomans as well, but they sat this one out a bit I think. Would be nice to see in a fanmade Crimean mod though.

Leberecht Reinhold said:
I would suggest a faction suggestion thread.

As for US... the escale is nearly laughable (no offense). Both armies united dont even make up for the Spanish regular army at the moment, for example. Probably the Swedish army is bigger too. Even the losses at Borodino are already larger than those ones. The Napoleonic Wars were about Napoleon, who focused on Europe.

Oh?  and our battles of 250 soldiers equate to large European battles how?

If the game is about Napoleon and not the Napoleonic Wars, why do we see British fighting Russians, Prussians, and Austrians?

What is laughable is the veiled attempt exclude a part of the world that Post-modern Europeans loath with weak game arguments like those above.  Like it or not, the war of 1812 was a DIRECT result of the Napoleonic wars.

If you want to exclude a combatant of the Napoleonic Wars simply for Euro-phile reason, just say so. 

Truth test, If this community was 50% Spanish would the Spanish Army have been included?  I think so.

redcoat said:
If you want to exclude a combatant of the Napoleonic Wars simply for Euro-phile reason, just say so.

Wait a sec, Europeans are biased for not wanting the U.S included, but Americans are not biased for wanting it included? Anyone else see the faulty logic in this? 

redcoat said:
Truth test, If this community was 50% Spanish would the Spanish Army have been included?  I think so.

We have any official numbers proving that 50% of the community is American? Because I for one refuse to believe it until I see some cold hard numbers indicating otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom