Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Some notes of things i would like to see added.

1 Brunswickers,Scots grays and more Freikorps units.

2 Naval combat  I want to rule the seas.

3 Square formation in comander battle.

4 more factions Sweden Spain Ottomans and all the nations in the Napoleonic wars.

5 War of 1812 and other conflicts in the Americans for a new touch  Indians and Colombian fredomfigthers!

Oberst_ag said:
5 War of 1812 and other conflicts in the Americans for a new touch  Indians and Colombian fredomfigthers!

When the Source Code is released I am going to begin working on a War of 1812 mod for Napoleonic Wars because America will most likely not make it into the game given that the game is European

I always found it a little odd that cannons can't be spiked at the moment, if Sappers could spike and unspike cannons as well as the Artillery Officer it wouldn't really be a game breaker for artillery men. In Siege for example once the walls are breached the cannons on both sides become pretty useless anyways.

Alot more features in the custom battles (Single player mode) would be welcome
Where is the Artillery?

Also how about the ability of infantry to form squares?

I was messing around in SP, and then, the holy lightning of a brilliant idea flooded my brain...
What about not being Wellington, Blucher etc... Be the Commander of the Unit u selected first! (because i feel dumb as napoleon commanding the waterloo charge of the cuirassiers...  :roll: :wink:

EDIT: Square formation would be AWESOMATISSIMO! (quote of Al Capone  :lol:)

EDIT#2: Bug or Feature? The Austrian General has no scope... i like austrian soldiers in battle, i want to have their officer have a scope. by the way its really useful.

I think it would be nice if horses could get all freaked out about the noise and confusion of battle, IE: a bullet lands near you, or hits your horse and it freaks it out, for about ten seconds it bucks around and runs off in a random direction and generally behaves like its riderless. Of course this shouldn't happen every single time as this would lead to no control in LBs, but maybe a 3% chance or so would make it nice.

Cavalry players will hate you. There's already a lot of grief among some cav players because they feel they can't go head to head against a bayonet. One suggestion (if its possible) would be to give the front of the horse a higher armor rating or make its hit box/ front skeleton points less vunerable to pierce/damage as the force of a fast running heavy horse meeting a bayonet that is being pushed by a lesser force and weight would most likely only go in by an inch or less.

If its an overhead stab for example the horses full frontal impact would push the bayonet back and out of your hands and possible knock the rifle butt into your face if you've lunged forward.

This would make braced bayonets more useful while cavalry flanks would still be vulnerable.

Just another cav thought. Personally I don't care much since successful cav requires numbers and when a group of cavalry run through infantry ingame they might take losses but they certainly leave the enemy vulnerable to an infantry charge and to the next wave of cav behind them.

I have a few Suggestions

1. I think you should add Spain and Ottoman Empire as they were two main influencial powers of this era (possibly Sweden and Portugal as well)

2. I think for maybe 20 build points that engineers/sappers could dig trenches underground unlike the simple earthworks which come above the ground. I think these trenchers should go as far down so that you can just present over the top while standing and when your crounching be well clear of being shot from the front.

3. I know we get this alot but seriously Naval Battles would make this game alot more epic.

4. my Final Suggestion is that perhaps even though its not realistic a Gallipoli map. me and my regiment (ANZAC) being australian and kiwi would love a map with the Gallipoli landings eg attackers spawn on a big stationary boat in the ocean and have to get on the boats (that you can control) and make it to the beachers were the defenders are waiting for them.

How about being able to play your own tunes as a musician? I saw it in another game, so it's possible (Lord of The Rings Online). It might require a change in how it works though. It worked like this: You put the MIDI file of the song in your game folder, then you go in the game and select the song you want to play, and everyone was able to hear it.

Would require all clients to download the midi and cause a strain on bandwidth especially with more than 100 players. I think would probably be more annoying then worthwhile. Best to use teamspeak for that.

I forgot to say before we should have a crappy grenade for grenadiers just to make them different but perhaps only two grenades per person and also make them terrible to be historically accurate

Grenades were not used anymore during the Napoleonic Wars. They were considered to be Clumsy, too dangerous and ineffective.
Grenadier regiments were kept as special guard regiments, mainly having the tallest and strongest men.

I think grenadiers stopped using them by 1812.

http://www.royalscotsgrenadiers.com/grenadier.html

Infantry

The infantry Arm during the Napoleonic Wars had stopped using the grenades of the previous century, and was largely divided into the infantry of the line which fought in close order formation, and light infantry which fought as skirmishers in open order. Although many units were named guards, they functionally confirmed to the division of the close and open order formation, with light troops often assuming the close order also. More notable were the grenadier units which traditionally had the pick of the largest and strongest conscripts and recruits although this changed over the course of the wars to include the more experienced soldiers.

Grenadiers

The grenadier units had, by the time of the Napoleonic Wars, ceased using the hand-thrown grenades, and were largely known for being composed of physically big men, frequently relied upon for shock actions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_military_forces_in_the_Napoleonic_Wars

Back
Top Bottom