Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

event suggestion: Battle of Maldon D: dunno if u already have that kinda of event but i am just so excited about events/scenarios on the future, and it would be more funnier if there could be more events, like 2-3 on month or something like that. AND u would get more players also

Sea battle map! Several ships entangled and locked thogeder by hooks stringed with rope!
Also I love the work on this mod, it blows my mind. I hope to see some SP content one day, I feel I must have the awesome armor/wepaonry from Vikingr when I roam and plunder the seas of Calradia/europe(pending if I play Dominis mod or not)

Would be cool with a map with objectives, like burn down a meadhall, destroy gates, burn invaders ships etc. A several stage map would be cool.

PotatoPower said:
sotijalo said:
Phalanx300 said:
And dropping it wouldn't be realistic either. Maybe make players slower with stuff on their shields.

Also people who are damaged should move slower, not sure if thats possible though.

Ya making blocking slower with the shield would be the most accurate we could get. Or if that's not possible we could always add more antu-shield dmg to javs and throwing spears.

I don't think we're horsies yet and it would be way cooler that arm dmg would affect to your fighting and leg dmg to your movement. I've see way too many archers with their arms impaled with javelins and fighters having their hearth replaced with a wooden stick but they still keep going.

It also would be cool that you could take those projectiles out of you or your shield if mods would make that matter in any way. It would also be cool that when throwing weapon is stuck in a different surface it would take different time to pick it up. For example throwing spear stuck in a tree would be harder to loot than a spear stuck in a dirt. Also projectiles which have struck hard surfaces like stone should be made unusable or the dmg of those should be reduced as they would be shattered or blunt after the impact.
That is quite a lot of wishful thinking! but a javelin hitting hard surface doesn't really get blunt unless it has been repeated 50+ times (depends on steal and the way it was made). What would happen is that the shaft would most likely break.
As far as the shields. The only way to make it more realistic is adding more shield damage to the javelins. In this way the whole part about horses and the javelin bags could be more effective against shieldwalls, as they would shatter the enemies shields and weakening their lines.
About dropping the shield as i said is something i believe is not possible to implement to one certain javelin/throwingspear?
Well Vikings didnt use their shields to just blocks, if you look at the handle of it  it would be terrible to hold it forward to block an attack. It was mainly used for attacking your opponent and deflecting blows, rather then just purely blocking,
See this for reference; youtube.com /watch?v=dkhpqAGdZPc

Juholi said:
event suggestion: Battle of Maldon D: dunno if u already have that kinda of event but i am just so excited about events/scenarios on the future, and it would be more funnier if there could be more events, like 2-3 on month or something like that. AND u would get more players also
I agree we should get an event every 2-3 months if possible. Sulcoit should come next, we owe it to Ualraig.

Failing that, I'd love to have a Battle of Maldon event, although the setting would be tricky. Do we have the battle while the vikings are still on their island, leaving it to Byrhtnoþ to decide whether or not to grant them passage through the causeway? Or do we have the battle start with the viking army already on the other side?

CantAim said:
Sea battle map! Several ships entangled and locked thogeder by hooks stringed with rope!
Also I love the work on this mod, it blows my mind. I hope to see some SP content one day, I feel I must have the awesome armor/wepaonry from Vikingr when I roam and plunder the seas of Calradia/europe(pending if I play Dominis mod or not)

Would be cool with a map with objectives, like burn down a meadhall, destroy gates, burn invaders ships etc. A several stage map would be cool.

Unless it has been removed, I made a map named Langskip which was pretty much just what you're asking for. Not sure though if the current developer team have removed it from selection.

As for the 'map with objectives'... I think you need to become acquainted with our unique Raid Mode. It's not played often upon the servers but it is there for you to enjoy.  :wink:

hrotha said:
Juholi said:
I agree we should get an event every 2-3 months if possible. Sulcoit should come next, we owe it to Ualraig.

Failing that, I'd love to have a Battle of Maldon event, although the setting would be tricky. Do we have the battle while the vikings are still on their island, leaving it to Byrhtnoþ to decide whether or not to grant them passage through the causeway? Or do we have the battle start with the viking army already on the other side?

yeah i though same as you. but still let's watch what happens on future and this module is not already finished, i mean this is beta or in early stage or something dunno how to say it (cause my english skills aren't so well) anyways lord knows if there will be a "Maldon" map in future. now going to Sulcoit: i was so confused in first time i saw those signatures where read "Battle of Sucloit" and i didn't found any vids when i search it on yt  but now i realized that the event hasn't be yet,  but i'm with u on that stuff! Sulcoit owing to Ualraig, and for all of US! shame that i wasn't on that Battle of Val-es-Dunes... but is it like u can be on that server when u ask on TS that password or is it just that clans are fighting there?

Battle of Sulcoit would be the logical way to go for the next event. Partly becouse it's already in the pipe line. It was already partly developed and reasearched before the whole Warband-WSE-Víkingr patch episode, and so wouldn't take as long to get in place as starting all over again! I mean, do not get me wrong, it wasn't like 50% done, not even close, but the point remains it was still atleast partly done.

Partly also, though not unrelated, that the community already know of the Battle of Sulcoit event and have already established it within their minds as an upcomming event.

Juholi said:
but is it like u can be on that server when u ask on TS that password or is it just that clans are fighting there?
Why yes, the events are pretty much free for all and not just clan matches. At Val-ès-Dunes, every side had a considerable contingent of pubs/non-clan players.

Considering Sulcoit: Do it, Ualraig, do it...  :razz:

I had one very (or less) fabulous idea boys and girls. What about we add to Vikingr possibility to sit to teh chair.
Like Napoleonic Wars have playing piano and sitting in toilet option. Just little idea.

For new Factions i would suggest you to make the tavastians, karelians and lappish people. I hope you would someday make an finnish faction of some kind my northern friends!                                               

FinnishKnight said:
For new Factions i would suggest you to make the tavastians, karelians and lappish people. I hope you would someday make an finnish faction of some kind my northern friends!                                               

I like this idea! But i think it will never happen in future...

FinnishKnight said:
What kind of units and equipment would these factions be supposed to feature?

Sloth said:
But i think it will never happen in future...
I have to agree with this statement, although its phrasing is redundant.

Hospes fori said:
FinnishKnight said:

Spears, axes, javelins and bows i suggest, swords were very expensive and rare, expect iron swords if i have some historical knowledge.
Clothes were mostly (once again if i have some historical knowledge) fur and leather, heavy armors were also rare, like chainmail. Warriors were mostly light and ranged infantry.

Sloth said:
I have to agree with this statement, although its phrasing is redundant.

Aye lad, it is little redundant statement, but there wont be finnish, karelian or sami faction future, at least in near future. But i like too see if there is such faction some day. ^_^

I would like to see a Baltic Finn faction which would be big enough and with variety of finds to be considered possible. The only problem would be how connected those people were back then and could they be represented honestly with only one faction.

Edit: And now when we're on the subject; I haven't heard any good explanations why we Goidil don't have any blue tunics. The satisfaction from those fake fabric pieces would satisfy me for quite a decent time.

Hospes fori said:
The reason why I asked this is mainly to show that you should not expect anything to happen if you just ask the developers to create a faction without providing any information about the requested faction. However, even if you have prepared a basically complete faction concept, the realisation is still not guaranteed. Take the frequently suggested implementation of a Frisian faction as example. The reason is that to this day the developers have their hands full polishing the already existing factions.

Sloth said:
Just for clarification, I only regard the phrasing not the actual statement as redundant. As far as I know the word never always refers to the future.

To be fair I do not see the need for a new faction at present. The ones we have all welcomed mercenaries and strong willed adventurers from far and wide, so all the relevant peoples you might want to pose as are covered. Use your imagination!

Back
Top Bottom