Suggestions

Turanien

To get the ball rolling...

Suggestion: This is just a small one but I think it would impact quite some upon the raid mode. I would be inclined to suggest that half of the defending team ought to have the chance to respawn again when the loot flag appears for the attackers. From what I've seen so far, fighting for the loot flag is rare and only happens when the defending team outright sacrifices their buildings.
 

Maximo_khan

Knight
WB
Best answers
0
My suggestion is that you MIGHT have to raise speed of 2handed and polearm, due to the fact that I often notice I'm unable to strike after having blocked a 1handed( any ) because my opponent strike comes faster. summed up: unable to retaliate.

I said might because I'm suggesting you to look into it and verify if that is the case, I might be lagging. ( altough i get a less than 50 ping on Einherjar server). 
 

Gule

Sergeant Knight
M&BWB
Best answers
0
We are playing the night raid just now, and I thought of two things.

1. Trees, at the moment, it looks like someone put a massive skylight under each tree, that effect needs to go.

2. Perhaps find a way to conceal the boats better, perhaps slight fog or something.

That's it for now!
 

Rath0s

Baron
M&BWBNW
Best answers
0
@ Maximo Khagan.

Yes the 2 handed axes are slow, that is the point and they deal good damage, but we might increase the speed slightly.

@ Gule

I havent seen these trees, screenshot?
 

Alec{zacool}

Master Knight
M&BWBWF&S
Best answers
0
Minor suggestion; Increase the limit for bots to 200v200 at least.

To do this:

Open Module_Scripts

Search "g_multiplayer_max_num_bots".

Change the number to the TOTAL number of bots. (EG: For 200v200, you put 400, and for 300v300, 600, etc)

There seems to be a problem with raid. At least on the Australian server. People just go straight up to kill each other. There's no "motivation" to burn the houses except for roleplaying purposes.

You still get points for killing the other team. Perhaps if you made it so that you only get half points if you kill the other team as raiders.
 

Azrooh

Baron
Best answers
0
A suggestion: Bring the reticule back.
Anybody who knows how can do this in a couple seconds, and it gives a massive battle advantage to anyone that does this.

Congratulations on the subforum by the way!
 

Turanien

Azrooh said:
A suggestion: Bring the reticule back.
Anybody who knows how can do this in a couple seconds, and it gives a massive battle advantage to anyone that does this.

Congratulations on the subforum by the way!
Those whom are inserting it back in will be on the backfoot in future patches.  :wink:
 

Azrooh

Baron
Best answers
0
Turanien said:
Azrooh said:
A suggestion: Bring the reticule back.
Anybody who knows how can do this in a couple seconds, and it gives a massive battle advantage to anyone that does this.

Congratulations on the subforum by the way!
Those whom are inserting it back in will be on the backfoot in future patches.  :wink:
Not quite sure what you mean by that, but I'll take your word for it :razz:
 

Maximo_khan

Knight
WB
Best answers
0
Rath0s said:
@ Maximo Khagan.

Yes the 2 handed axes are slow, that is the point and they deal good damage, but we might increase the speed slightly.

@ Gule

I havent seen these trees, screenshot?
yes, I understand those were made like that to fit the view of balance of the creator, but if they are too slow for basic fight purpose,( block , attack, block ) then they are useless on 1vs1.  I'm basically suggesting to sandbox a fight to check if those weapons are able to complete attacks successfully after having blocked a strike,or if they are too slow to be able to complete it.
 

Turanien

Maximo_khan said:
Rath0s said:
@ Maximo Khagan.

Yes the 2 handed axes are slow, that is the point and they deal good damage, but we might increase the speed slightly.

@ Gule

I havent seen these trees, screenshot?
yes, I understand those were made like that to fit the view of balance of the creator, but if they are too slow for basic fight purpose,( block , attack, block ) then they are useless on 1vs1.  I'm basically suggesting to sandbox a fight to check if those weapons are able to complete attacks successfully after having blocked a strike,or if they are too slow to be able to complete it.
We'll have a look into it, Maximo. One of the problems that we've (essentially created ourselves) is that the Hedmark/Dane-axe can now only be used in the pole-arm mode. This has drastically cut the range of the items, especially compared to the cheaper (and still two-handed mode) regular dane-axe. I've posted in our private forums a slight speed increase, a slight damage increase and to lower the weight of the item by .1 - if only to compensate for the cost of the item and to reflect, admittedly, the challenge that is involved in using such a weapon. The dane-axe is not the easiest of weapons to use, it should be used only be people whom feel confident in their melee skills but should accordingly be rewarded with high damage.
 

HULKSMASH

Baron
M&BWBNWWF&S
Best answers
0
May I suggest using some of papa's animations? Namely the thrust, as well as a few others.
They look good, but the swings don't feel viking enough, the thrusts are spot on.
Your own animations would be good for swings.

Also, tweaking the archery animation so that you can look down the bow, as opposed to the bow being off the the right of your screen.
 

Skandinav

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWB
Best answers
0
Turanien said:
We'll have a look into it, Maximo. One of the problems that we've (essentially created ourselves) is that the Hedmark/Dane-axe can now only be used in the pole-arm mode. This has drastically cut the range of the items, especially compared to the cheaper (and still two-handed mode) regular dane-axe. I've posted in our private forums a slight speed increase, a slight damage increase and to lower the weight of the item by .1 - if only to compensate for the cost of the item and to reflect, admittedly, the challenge that is involved in using such a weapon. The dane-axe is not the easiest of weapons to use, it should be used only be people whom feel confident in their melee skills but should accordingly be rewarded with high damage.
Yes, as you know I too think the two-handed axes should have a speed and damage increase but I think the damage increase should be substantial - within reason of course - as of right now you can kill an armoured enemy as fast with a one-handed axe or sword as with a two-handed axe.
Historically Dane axes are reported to go through shield, armor and horse in one swing ( edit : not that this should be the case in-game, of course  :lol: )

The on-screen range stat should probably also be changed now that it, as it can no longer be wielded in two-handed mode, is no longer than non-polearm two-handers.
 

Æthelwulf

Master Knight
M&BWBWF&SNW
Best answers
0
Skandinav said:
Yes, as you know I too think the two-handed axes should have a speed and damage increase but I think the damage increase should be substantial - within reason of course - as of right now you can kill an armoured enemy as fast with a one-handed axe or sword as with a two-handed axe.
Historically Dane axes are reported to go through shield, armor and horse in one swing ( edit : not that this should be the case in-game, of course  :lol: )

The on-screen range stat should probably also be changed now that it, as it can no longer be wielded in two-handed mode, is no longer than non-polearm two-handers.
All depends on the shield of course. After playing a fair bit I would like to see a huge difference between shield types. Maybe greatly vary in speed, size and resistance and in materials/cost. Have varied woods to represent these, including rawhide etc and of course shape.
I'm not sure if you can edit the difference "bonus vs shields" has on certain weapons so that you could have the Franciscas devastate simple shields, do bugger all to rawhide, but then have Dane axes destroy rawhide but in turn don't hold up to say some more expensive lenticular shields. A sort of axe/shield triangle.

I have also always wondered if a stagger system was possible aswell, maybe like the block crush? Then again it all comes down to balance. I feel this editing of axes and shields would also give an incentive to use them over swords. Because they are hardly used along with spears which could maybe have a few shorter variants added.
 

Maximo_khan

Knight
WB
Best answers
0
Turanien said:
Maximo_khan said:
Rath0s said:
@ Maximo Khagan.

Yes the 2 handed axes are slow, that is the point and they deal good damage, but we might increase the speed slightly.

@ Gule

I havent seen these trees, screenshot?
yes, I understand those were made like that to fit the view of balance of the creator, but if they are too slow for basic fight purpose,( block , attack, block ) then they are useless on 1vs1.  I'm basically suggesting to sandbox a fight to check if those weapons are able to complete attacks successfully after having blocked a strike,or if they are too slow to be able to complete it.
We'll have a look into it, Maximo. One of the problems that we've (essentially created ourselves) is that the Hedmark/Dane-axe can now only be used in the pole-arm mode. This has drastically cut the range of the items, especially compared to the cheaper (and still two-handed mode) regular dane-axe. I've posted in our private forums a slight speed increase, a slight damage increase and to lower the weight of the item by .1 - if only to compensate for the cost of the item and to reflect, admittedly, the challenge that is involved in using such a weapon. The dane-axe is not the easiest of weapons to use, it should be used only be people whom feel confident in their melee skills but should accordingly be rewarded with high damage.
I'm a monster of manual blocking since beta 0.5  :razz: not sure if I've explained myself properly.a weapon not being fast enough to attack after having blocked because you have to block again otherwise you get wounded before being able to complete the attack has nothing to do with individual skill,I think
 

Turanien

Yes! I know your name from beta and I hold you in very high respect.  :smile:

That last part was just a generalisation, not aimed at you. We will look at the dane-axe for you.  :grin:
 

Trueten

Section Moderator
WBVC
Best answers
0
Must be suggested before or you are already going to change that but - could you change the shields for the Rus faction? They almost didn't use round shields, mostly kite shields. At least the one's vaegirs use in Native would look good enough.


And another minor suggestion: make a SP version! :smile:
Just joking. But that would really be a dream come true.
 

Turanien

trueten said:
Must be suggested before or you are already going to change that but - could change the shields for the Rus faction? They almost didn't use round shields, mostly kite shields. At least the one's vaegirs use in Native would look good enough.


And another minor suggestion: make a SP version!:smile:
Just joking. But that would really be a dream come true.
Will be done! They are place-holders for the moment.
 

STARik

Sergeant Knight
WBVC
Best answers
0
Round shield thickness looks silly, they should have been carbon fiber shields to be so thin. Surely they used as thin wood as possible to maje them less heavy but still reliable, but added a skin layer and iron frame around wouldn't leave edges of the shield so silly thin.
I heard you plan to leave jumpslashes only for berserkes, which is good, making them unique 1337 warriors, what I suggest is making them more unique, for example woman char has only screem as taunt, why not to give man's screem taunt only to berserkers so that in bushy/foggy/nighty maps it will be recognisable and cause fear among enemies knowing that berserks are coming, plus archer's distracting possibilities.
plus a Benny Hills show sound theme could be played when running behind enemy lines and 1 hitting their archers as half of infantry trying to get you or breaking their shieldwall same way  :roll: just being silly