Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Æscwine of Essex said:
I think we can all safetly say that women on the early medieval battlefield was not commonplace. However can I suggest that we remove the ability to craft retarded troll like character faces in the mod before we even speak about removing women!

Hahaha! Hear hear!

There were days when I quit the game at the mere sight of deliberately fashioned troll faces. It's attention seeking at the expense of other people's immersion.

I have a feeling as if you can make a second hit faster after hitting a shield than with a sword or axe with the same speed-rating.

Halwende said:
Shouldn't axes and speers break like a shield as a result of manual blocking, to add more realism?

No? Why?

The ingame blocking animations are representations of blocking, but do not accurately portray blocking as it would be in real life. For example, there is absolutely no reason to meet your foe's attacks in an effort to stop them in their tracks. For an overhead swing, for example, in the event that you are attempting to parry with your own weapon, you would deflect your foe's weapon to the side rather than, as I said, meet and stop him.

Not to mention that if you were to block an axe, would it not make more sense to aim for the hilt rather than the head, as the former is a bigger surface and therefore easier to hit?

Aklis said:
Halwende said:
Shouldn't axes and speers break like a shield as a result of manual blocking, to add more realism?

No? Why?

The ingame blocking animations are representations of blocking, but do not accurately portray blocking as it would be in real life. For example, there is absolutely no reason to meet your foe's attacks in an effort to stop them in their tracks. For an overhead swing, for example, in the event that you are attempting to parry with your own weapon, you would deflect your foe's weapon to the side rather than, as I said, meet and stop him.

Not to mention that if you were to block an axe, would it not make more sense to aim for the hilt rather than the head, as the former is a bigger surface and therefore easier to hit?

Actually the very same thing you would do with your sword, so that it doesn't break or get chipped. I really think Warband blocking animations are rubbish and definetly need improving... As do the attack animations. There should be different stances for when you have shield or when you lose it, etc. Unfortunately there's no way of making realistic animations work in Warband. Hardcoded ****.

Game of Thrones newest episode spoiler:

So maybe giants could look more like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXxkkfwnznU

Meh, that's a Skyrim giant, not a proper ASoIaF one.

Personally I wouldn't want the devs to waste any time on the giants. They're fine as they are, Mjölnir pendant and everything.

hrotha said:
Meh, that's a Skyrim giant, not a proper ASoIaF one.

Personally I wouldn't want the devs to waste any time on the giants. They're fine as they are, Mjölnir pendant and everything.

Werent they enemies of the gods? With fur they look better imo.

Point is they're just resized versions of the old berserkir. Of course they could look much better, but it's not worth it, seeing as how they're just a joke.

If I'm right informed the dead one's can't chat to the living one's.

Well in my opinion it should not be like that.
If I'm wrong then, forget it^^

And you should be able to block with 2h weapons again. To much realism goes to far. Maybe not for all 2h weapons.

Just my opinion and suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom