Suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

troll172

Recruit
Pwmod is now allmost perfect...but what I think would be nice is that weapons could do more damage.Yes it sounds grazy since there are so many randomkillers,but it would also make peaple think twice before they rob a peasent,and adding more damage to hatchet would decrease the amount of knights who kill peaple with reasons like "you stole my loot,give it back or I kill you!"
and if you call admin(after he has killed you) he says :"I thought he stole my loot,Im really sorry."
Hatchet should be about 4hits to full-armored knight and on non-armored 2hits(weapon speed should also be increased).This would make the mod more realistic and the blocking and diversion skills more useful.Now its pretty much who has better armor or weapon.
Assastionations and ambushing the enenmy army would be easier...adding more damage gives tactics more meaning,well timed "arrow rains" might turn the course of the battle.
(+bring back the old money making ways.So that theres many options to choose from as a peasents.)
In my opinion increasing the damage would make the game much more interesting,but it might be only me.Please leave comment.

troll172 said:
Pwmod is now allmost perfect...but what I think would be nice is that weapons could do more damage.Yes it sounds grazy since there are so many randomkillers,but it would also make peaple think twice before they rob a peasent,and adding more damage to hatchet would decrease the amount of knights who kill peaple with reasons like "you stole my loot,give it back or I kill you!"
and if you call admin(after he has killed you) he says :"I thought he stole my loot,Im really sorry."
Hatchet should be about 4hits to full-armored knight and on non-armored 2hits(weapon speed should also be increased).This would make the mod more realistic and the blocking and diversion skills more useful.Now its pretty much who has better armor or weapon.
Assastionations and ambushing the enenmy army would be easier...adding more damage gives tactics more meaning,well timed "arrow rains" might turn the course of the battle.
(+bring back the old money making ways.So that theres many options to choose from as a peasents.)
In my opinion increasing the damage would make the game much more interesting,but it might be only me.Please leave comment.

Not more realistic at all.
So like two people with rusty swords could take down a plated knight?
Nooope.

troll172 said:
Hatchet should be about 4hits to full-armored knight and on non-armored 2hits(weapon speed should also be increased).This would make the mod more realistic

Nope, if you want realism, most swords would bounce off the armour of a heavy knight.

Not more realistic at all.
So like two people with rusty swords could take down a plated knight?
Nooope.
Yes.Think about it in real life.One guy with heavy armor against two guys with wooden sticks.
They can just make him fall and thats it.Guy with the armor is lying on the ground helplessly.2 is allways more than one no matter what kind
of armor or weapon he has.
Nope, if you want realism, most swords would bounce off the armour of a heavy knight.
What I have read.the medieval armors weren't actually even that hard.And that You could pentrate them with a sword.
(not completly sure)

I would generally disagree, I mean, I would imagine this would increase the need for doctors ten fold.

However,

troll172 said:
Now its pretty much who has better armor or weapon.

If this wasn't the case, would you not think armour or weapons were less useful to the point people didn't bother buying them? There are already players who would have a chance of killing someone after they've just freshly trained as footman or other soldier class - then gone straight into battle with a crude spear or rusty sword etc, still coming out with decent equipment afterwards.

Maybe the question is whether or not there is a balance of money and the value/effect of equipment in PW.

troll172 said:
What I have read.the medieval armors weren't actually even that hard.And that You could pentrate them with a sword.
(not completly sure)

Knights would wear plated armour that weighs over 60 pounds. Their armour wasn't something a normal footsoldier could stand up against.
If you want realism; No single footman or archer could stand up to a knight - and a couple of peasants wouldn't do much better, either.

Here in M&B however, plate armour doesn't protect you more then your average pillow.

Troll have been watching too many movies, i would believe. The way that knights were brought down IRL was by either having a huge weapon, or by stabbing them in places like the armpit, neck etc, that wasn't covered in steel. You didn't just bang on his armor with a rusty sword, like you do in Warband.

And arrows didn't do well on piercing through the armor either. That is why crossbows became so popular, because they were the first weapon that was efficient vs armor.

Lastly, you forget the "Realistic" part in where IRL, a peasant couldn't match a knight in strength, stamina or skill.
In warband, you are born with "premade" skills (Good/bad fighters), and thus a peasant can outfence a knight.
A peasant wouldn't stand a chance against a decently trained footman IRL. He wouldn't know how to use his weapon, nor have the stamina or strength to break through the armor even if he did.

Ofcourse there are exceptions, but i am generalising.

Eragon91 said:
Troll have been watching too many movies, i would believe. The way that knights were brought down IRL was by either having a huge weapon, or by stabbing them in places like the armpit, neck etc, that wasn't covered in steel. You didn't just bang on his armor with a rusty sword, like you do in Warband.

And arrows didn't do well on piercing through the armor either. That is why crossbows became so popular, because they were the first weapon that was efficient vs armor.

Lastly, you forget the "Realistic" part in where IRL, a peasant couldn't match a knight in strength, stamina or skill.
In warband, you are born with "premade" skills (Good/bad fighters), and thus a peasant can outfence a knight.
A peasant wouldn't stand a chance against a decently trained footman IRL. He wouldn't know how to use his weapon, nor have the stamina or strength to break through the armor even if he did.

Ofcourse there are exceptions, but i am generalising.

Usually I find the 'better' fighters who play PW are the ones running around with the best armours and most protection. So maybe the people wearing those armours (generally, of course) reflects the actual fighting skill of that player, since they are more able to maintain it..

Unless it's some thief hiding around a corner, ready to loot that plated knight's armour.. hehe  :twisted:

Well, plated knights would actually not be able to walk on the ground without being really really slow or needing help, if not they would just collapse because of all the weight on themself and lie there like a handicapped wolf. And i disagree with adding more damage to weapons, but what i would actually like to see is knights getting dismounted and being too heavy to get upon their feet  :twisted: And then we dig a little ditch under them.. and then fill it with oil and burn them!... Raven out :cool:

This thread, one sentence.

Learn how to block.

That's pretty much what you need to do. People with armor rely more on taking hits then blocking them, thus if you hit them enough and block them well, you can still win. (obviously not with a hatchet or bad weapon, but the rusty sword is pretty decent sword overall.)

Herbiazors said:
Well, plated knights would actually not be able to walk on the ground without being really really slow or needing help, if not they would just collapse because of all the weight on themself and lie there like a handicapped wolf. And i disagree with adding more damage to weapons, but what i would actually like to see is knights getting dismounted and being too heavy to get upon their feet  :twisted: And then we dig a little ditch under them.. and then fill it with oil and burn them!... Raven out :cool:

Well, not really. A set of full articulated plate armor allows you to do anything really, as knights would have to mount horses, climb ladders, and do other ****. And the weight doesnt exactly hinder you down significantly. (Cause if it did, then they wouldnt have even used it in the first place.) Plate just adds an extra 60 pounds onto your total mass, giving you more momentum when you run, so it makes it alot harder to slow down and change directions. As for the other ideas, they are retarded, keep things the way they are right now.

Plate armour is lighter than modern combat armour.

You have full range of motion in plate armour, that's what it was designed for.

Even a knight laying on the ground being pounded with sticks would not be killed. That's what the armour is for.

This is an opinion: Armour is designed to protect against unprepared enemies. If your enemy doesn't know where to hit, or swings off balance, the hit won't harm you. If he knows what he's doing and gets a good swing, you're going to get hurt.

Yea, for some reason people think Plate armor is extremely heavy. They forget just how badly metals were made back then.
Chain mail is alot heavier.

They also forget that armor was made to be worn and fought in. An armor weighing 50 kg would be completely useless and would result in the wearers death.

Also, don't forget that the weight was distributed all across the body, so it's not like wearing a 20 kg Backpack, or carrying a bag.

Splintert said:

Even a knight laying on the ground being pounded with sticks would not be killed. That's what the armour is for.

This is an opinion: Armour is designed to protect against unprepared enemies. If your enemy doesn't know where to hit, or swings off balance, the hit won't harm you. If he knows what he's doing and gets a good swing, you're going to get hurt.

Having been in full plate for a history class, splint is right to a point, early plate armor was not so much as easy to move it, it was just poor designed, when you get later on into the middle age period, you see better armor that starts to fit the body more, and move with it.

Legolan said:
Splintert said:

Having been in full plate for a history class, splint is right to a point, early plate armor was not so much as easy to move it, it was just poor designed, when you get later on into the middle age period, you see better armor that starts to fit the body more, and move with it.

Chain male weighed more than plate later on, sorta why you see it drop off in later periods....

Caell said:
2) If it would be realistic, full plate would make knights move as fast as turtles can.
...But he managed to kill him by using lack of knight's defence (he was too slow).

Wrong and wrong. I'm going to let videos do the talking,so you don't have to take my word for it. It's a wide misconception that plate slows you down.
Video 1:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm11yAXeegg
Video 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6IL2giKNN8&feature=related

You can see in both videos that the armor doesn't weigh them down too much. In Video 2, you can see a slight slowdown from an unarmoured fighter, but not that much to be really taken into account. And ignore the fighter's lousy technique, that's not the subject of this discussion.

To conclude, don't get your knowledge from fantasy books.

EDIT: Also, it's spelled maille. Just putting it out there.

EDIT2: Damnit, is it me, or do my posts always scare other people off? It makes me wanna cry :/

Back
Top Bottom